The Student Room Group

TSR Decisions Drop In 2024 - open any time - help choosing university offers

TSR Decisions Drop In 2024

During this period, many university applicants have received or will be receiving your final offers from the institutions you applied to. If you haven't yet, don't worry. For the majority of applicants, universities have until 16th May to get their decisions back to you.*

This leaves the tricky decisions or which universities to firm, insure and decline. A lot of people aren't sure when making this step, and :tsr: is here to help. :biggrin:

Our UCAS-trained advisors support applicants in their decision making and have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer for free. Look out for the users with the red "Clearing and Applications Advisors" titles, as well as any Forum Helpers or Volunteer Team members too. The Student Room is the place to come for impartial advice about the future. :yep:

This year, for the first time, we will also be running focused advice sessions in April. If you post in this thread during those specific times, you are guaranteed to get fast responses as our advisors will be logged in ready to support. To sign up for those focused sessions please post below with "I'm in". :smile: Of course, you are welcome to ask questions here at other times too, and you can also create your own discussion here in our UCAS applications forum to receive tailored advice to your particular situation. :yy:

*Depending on when you applied, later deadlines for each stage of the application process may apply. Check UCAS website or post in this thread if you are unsure.
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm in
Original post by Eluke173
I'm in

Great to have you on board :biggrin: what have you applied to study?
Original post by 04MR17

During this period, many university applicants have received or will be receiving your final offers from the institutions you applied to. If you haven't yet, don't worry. For the majority of applicants, universities have until 16th May to get their decisions back to you.*
This leaves the tricky decisions or which universities to firm, insure and decline. A lot of people aren't sure when making this step, and :tsr: is here to help. :biggrin:
Our UCAS-trained advisors support applicants in their decision making and have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer for free. Look out for the users with the red "Clearing and Applications Advisors" titles, as well as any Forum Helpers or Volunteer Team members too. The Student Room is the place to come for impartial advice about the future. :yep:
This year, for the first time, we will also be running focused advice sessions in April. If you post in this thread during those specific times, you are guaranteed to get fast responses as our advisors will be logged in ready to support. To sign up for those focused sessions please post below with "I'm in". :smile: Of course, you are welcome to ask questions here at other times too, and you can also create your own discussion here in our UCAS applications forum to receive tailored advice to your particular situation. :yy:
*Depending on when you applied, later deadlines for each stage of the application process may apply. Check UCAS website or post in this thread if you are unsure.
im in
Original post by 04MR17

I’m in.
Original post by 04MR17

I'm in!!
Original post by lamasherif
im in

Original post by erin11
I'm in!!

Original post by melthornber2
I’m in.

Original post by aamina.hs
I'm in!!

More details to follow :u:
Reply 8
im in
Original post by 04MR17

I'm in
Reply 10
I’m in!!
Original post by 04MR17

I’m in
Original post by 04MR17

I’m in
Original post by 04MR17

I’m in!
I'm in
i know this sounds like a silly question, but can i put my unconditional offer as my insurance?
Original post by Eluke173
i know this sounds like a silly question, but can i put my unconditional offer as my insurance?

You can, yes.

In this case, if you meet the conditions of your firm (or just miss them and they decide to accept you anyway), then you'll be going to your firm. Otherwise, you'll definitely be at your insurance as that offer is unconditional. It's a nice position to be in. :smile:
Does anyone know if u can accept your insurance choice on results day should you decide not to go with your firm?
Original post by Singam21
Does anyone know if u can accept your insurance choice on results day should you decide not to go with your firm?

Depends whether or not you meet either of those offers.

A. If you meet your firm offer conditions - you will be set to go there and your insurance offer will disappear.
B. If you don't meet your firm offer - your firm uni could still offer you a place unconditionally when they see your results - and your insurance offer will disappear.
C. If you don't meet your firm offer, but do meet your insurance offer (and the scenario B doesn't happen) - then you're off to your insurance uni.
D. If you don't meet your firm offer, or your insurance offer, your insurance uni could still offer you a place unconditionally when they see your results - then you're off to your insurance uni.
E. If you don't meet your firm offer, or your insurance offer, and scenario B or D doesn't happen then you will go automatically into clearing.
Reply 19
Original post by 04MR17

I'm In!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending