The Student Room Group

Ucas 2024

I’ve applied for 2 courses in LSE (social anthropology & anthropology and law) and 2 in UCL ( social anthropology & global humanitarian studies)
would it be a risk to put my 5th choice as KCL (social sciences)?
Should I put queen Mary’s (global development) instead?
Original post by muna.okorie
I’ve applied for 2 courses in LSE (social anthropology & anthropology and law) and 2 in UCL ( social anthropology & global humanitarian studies)

Risky as in the uni is too competitve alongside your other choices, or risky as in the course may not match your personal statement?
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One

Risky as in the uni is too competitve alongside your other choices, or risky as in the course may not match your personal statement?

As in competitiveness and getting offers
As in competitiveness and getting offers

In that case I would apply to 4 choices now. You may get at least one decision back before the jan 31st deadline, in which case you can add you final choice with a bit more info about whether it needs to be safe or you can be risky.

Just make sure to add the final choice before the deadline.
Reply 4
What if they don’t respond by Jan because I’ve heard London unis take longer?
What if they don’t respond by Jan because I’ve heard London unis take longer?

Then you add a fifth choice based on the same info you have now.
Reply 6
Have you heard back for social thropology at LSE at all?
Reply 7

have you heard back yet from LSE?
Reply 8
Original post by nk1564
have you heard back yet from LSE?

Yes, I’ve heard back I got accepted a few weeks ago for social anthropolgy
(edited 1 week ago)
Original post by Persiss

Did you hear back for law and anthropology?
Original post by lunaaaaaaaa12345
Did you hear back for law and anthropology?

No I only applied for social anthropology
Reply 11
Original post by Persiss
That's amazing congratulations!! I'm also interested to apply for social anthropology at LSE next year. Do you have any advice for how to make the personal statement stand out or any activities/books that you could recommend?
Original post by nk1564
That's amazing congratulations!! I'm also interested to apply for social anthropology at LSE next year. Do you have any advice for how to make the personal statement stand out or any activities/books that you could recommend?

I’m going to be completely honest my personal statement was about human sciences. But i included stuff about Foucault and fanon and applied that to why i want to study my course/any previous interests i had. I would recommend watching lectures on social anthropology from like some unis that would be helpful to get a general idea. I watched a lecture on social death which related to my epq. So i only really included that because it was a nice Segway. But id just say like trying to link everything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending