The Student Room Group

HKU Interview

Does anyone know what type of questions would be asked in an interview at HKU? Are they subject-related or more general-ish? Those who have had an interview - did you find it challenging?

Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
hey! i'm really interested in finding out too.
i just got notified that i have an interview next wednesday :/

but i've only done us interviews which are more like chats lol.
Original post by vitawater
hey! i'm really interested in finding out too.
i just got notified that i have an interview next wednesday :/

but i've only done us interviews which are more like chats lol.

Hey, mine's next Wednesday too! Have you also applied for social sciences by any chance? :biggrin:
Reply 3
hahaha no way! um wait are you in hk?
i actually emailed them yesterday to ask about rescheduling because i'll be out of town (still waiting for their reply...)
but good luck!! :biggrin:
Original post by vitawater
hahaha no way! um wait are you in hk?
i actually emailed them yesterday to ask about rescheduling because i'll be out of town (still waiting for their reply...)
but good luck!! :biggrin:

Nah, I'm not living in Hong Kong at the moment, so my interview would be via Skype. Good luck to you too! One of my friends applied for science and said it was more like a friendly chat rather than an interview. Fingers crossed that it'd be like that for us too :biggrin:
Reply 5
haha where are you deciding between right now??
Reply 6
From what I have heard from my friend, the questions they ask are quite general. So you should be fine :smile: Good Luck!! :smile:
PS: I am applying for social sciences as well, got a conditional offer :smile: jolly happy
Original post by Dandan10
From what I have heard from my friend, the questions they ask are quite general. So you should be fine :smile: Good Luck!! :smile:
PS: I am applying for social sciences as well, got a conditional offer :smile: jolly happy

Oh, congrats :biggrin:

May I ask what the conditions are?
Reply 8
Original post by Interpretation
Nah, I'm not living in Hong Kong at the moment, so my interview would be via Skype. Good luck to you too! One of my friends applied for science and said it was more like a friendly chat rather than an interview. Fingers crossed that it'd be like that for us too :biggrin:

Snap!! Same interview, same day, also via Skype! What time is yours? Also best of luck :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Interpretation
Oh, congrats :biggrin:

May I ask what the conditions are?

BBB :smile: Anyway how was your interview going ?
Reply 10
Original post by Dandan10
BBB :smile: Anyway how was your interview going ?

Sorry to butt in lol and congrats on your offer!! :smile: If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending