The Student Room Group

Hku bds 2023

Hi I just realised there isn't a thread for HKU BDS 2023 so I wanna start one :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
feel free to use this thread to exchange stats, interviews and whatnot. Good luck guys
Reply 2
Is there second round interview for bds? Ive heard that hku mbbs has 2nd round interview after a level result is out.
Reply 3
Original post by mnyy1911
Is there second round interview for bds? Ive heard that hku mbbs has 2nd round interview after a level result is out.

take it with a pinch of salt but i do think there is a second round of interview after results day. However, I think the main round is still the one in Dec-Jan though
Reply 4
Have you guys submitted everything? Wish everyone good luck here
Reply 5
Original post by ymngo

Yup! Good luck everyone!

On a semi-related note, HKU has just updated their entry requirements for dentistry:
"Due to the limitation of the teaching hospital's capacity, the Faculty of Dentistry is unable to take in non-local candidates to the BDS programme in September 2023."
^^ This can be found on the HKU International Qualification page
Even though I am not affected by this change, I still feel bad for non-local students cuz HKU could have informed BDS applicants before the submission deadline :s-smilie: chances are someone wasted their first choice and will be rejected by default
Reply 6
Original post by ymngo

yep, i've submitted everything. do you guys know when interview invites are typically released?
Reply 7
Original post by glads98
yep, i've submitted everything. do you guys know when interview invites are typically released?

I think its usually released in mid-late dec with interviews in jan
Reply 8
has anyone heard back from hku yet?
Reply 9
Original post by glads98
has anyone heard back from hku yet?

Not yet ;(
Just curious, do any of you have shadowing experience at a dental clinic/ shadowing a dentist?
Reply 11
Original post by Waterlazy
Just curious, do any of you have shadowing experience at a dental clinic/ shadowing a dentist?

yup! did 22 days of work exp in total
Reply 12
has anyone gotten an interview offer?
Still no :frown:

Hi guys, nice to meet you all! I also applied for HKU BDS and I'm a non-jupas applicant, doing A-level in the uk right now. I hope they could start sending interview offers out asap cuz the waiting is dreadful. Do any of you know if the interview going to be online or face-to-face?
Original post by tatall
Reply 14
Original post by tatall

no :frown: dk whats taking them so long
Reply 15
Original post by applepencil
Still no :frown:

Hi guys, nice to meet you all! I also applied for HKU BDS and I'm a non-jupas applicant, doing A-level in the uk right now. I hope they could start sending interview offers out asap cuz the waiting is dreadful. Do any of you know if the interview going to be online or face-to-face?

should be face-to-face lol, so theres a pretty huge chance that u'll have to buy another set of tickets for the interview (take it with a pinch of salt tho)
any updates? i heard that they started giving int invites to applicants around this time last year..
Reply 17
Original post by glads98
any updates? i heard that they started giving int invites to applicants around this time last year..

nope, i know they received int invites last year on 23 Dec but obv they didnt give them out on 23 this year. Also 24-27 Dec are holidays so the fastest they can get back to us would be on 28 (tmw). Stay hopeful everyone!!
Has anyone received an interview invite?
Chance seems low if still no news

Quick Reply

Latest