The Student Room Group

HKU/CUHK Law International Students 2023

Hi everybody, just curious if any international applicant for LLB HKU/CUHK has received invitation for interview/has completed your interview? And has anyone received firm/conditional offers from the uni?

Scroll to see replies

Hello! HKU has given out early round interview invitations already and CUHK early round interviews were carried out in early december.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by joemama344
Hello! HKU has given out early round interview invitations already and CUHK early round interviews were carried out in early december.

Thanks for your reply! May I know which qualification you are applying with? I'm applying with SUEC (a Malaysian qualification equivalent to A-levels, just for your information), and I just got my results two days ago. Seems like I missed the early interviews for both HKU and CUHK...
Original post by itsmeyay
Thanks for your reply! May I know which qualification you are applying with? I'm applying with SUEC (a Malaysian qualification equivalent to A-levels, just for your information), and I just got my results two days ago. Seems like I missed the early interviews for both HKU and CUHK...

Im a local student studying A levels in the UK. Did you meet the early application deadline?
Reply 4
Im a local student studying A levels in the UK. Did you meet the early application deadline?

Yes, I did. But my school did not provide predicted results and my actual results weren't available yet, I guess they couldn't just evaluate my academic results based on school exams.
Hi, I’ve completed my HKU and CUHK law interviews but I haven’t received any offers from any of them. I’m also a local student studying A Levels in the UK.
Original post by germanium6399
Hi, I’ve completed my HKU and CUHK law interviews but I haven’t received any offers from any of them. I’m also a local student studying A Levels in the UK.

First round offers should be given out in early february. Some people got offers without needing to go to an interview.
LLB CUHK has started giving out offers— I just received mine this morning.
LLB CUHK has started giving out offers— I just received mine this morning.

Yep same, got mine this morning. What is ur offer grade requirement?
(edited 1 year ago)
Mine's AAB, what is yours?
Yep same, got mine this morning. What is ur offer grade requirement?
Mine's AAB, what is yours?

AAB as well. Don't know why they lowered the requirement... Not complaining tho haha
I went for an interview at HKU in early January. I put Government Law as my second choice and was waitlisted, no news on my first choice yet though (LLB) so fingers crossed!
Nothing from CUHK so far, but I've had several friends who were interviewed and received offers ranging from AAB to A*AA. A few of my friends were interviewed and didn't receive an offer yet so I'm not too worried.

I am a local applicant applying via Non-JUPAS using IAL and my predicted grades were A*A*AA.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey guys, I've received an offer from CityU but nothing from both HKU/CUHK. (I mistakenly put CUHK LLB as my second choice and have corrected my mistake few days ago.) I wonder if there's any second-round interview for both HKU and CUHK.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by inventingkira
I went for an interview at HKU in early January. I put Government Law as my second choice and was waitlisted, no news on my first choice yet though (LLB) so fingers crossed!
Nothing from CUHK so far, but I've had several friends who were interviewed and received offers ranging from AAB to A*AA. A few of my friends were interviewed and didn't receive an offer yet so I'm not too worried.

I am a local applicant applying via Non-JUPAS using IAL and my predicted grades were A*A*AA.

Me too with predicted grade of A*A*A*A. Do you know if there's any second-round interview?
Yeah I got an offer from CityU too back in December (LLB, ABB) but I declined it since I preferred their dual degree courses. Hoping this doesn't bite me in the ass haha
Original post by rimskys
Hey guys, I've received an offer from CityU but nothing from both HKU/CUHK. (I mistakenly put CUHK LLB as my second choice and have corrected my mistake few days ago.) I wonder if there's any second-round interview for both HKU and CUHK.
(edited 1 year ago)
I haven't heard of any second-round interview but to be honest I would't be too worried. Several of my seniors didn't get an interview and still received offers.

Original post by rimskys
Me too with predicted grade of A*A*A*A. Do you know if there's any second-round interview?
I haven't heard of any second-round interview but to be honest I would't be too worried. Several of my seniors didn't get an interview and still received offers.

Kinda worried since I wouldn't want to study law at CityU lol. What's your backup plan?
I have an offer from Manchester so I'm not super worried. No one I know atm has received any offers from HKU so I'm kinda banking on that since I think my interview went quite well, if I do say so myself.

Not super keen on going to Manchester tbh, but I'm reasonably confident that my backup choices for HK unis (Social Science and BA) will give me an offer.
Original post by rimskys
Kinda worried since I wouldn't want to study law at CityU lol. What's your backup plan?

Hku gave out offers without interview in mid January. first round interview offers should be given out in early feb so don’t worry
Hku gave out offers without interview in mid January. first round interview offers should be given out in early feb so don’t worry

Do you think there's a second round of offers from HKU and CUHK?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending