The Student Room Group

HKU non jupas law interview 2023

I've gotten an interview invitation from HKU, I was wondering if anyone else has gotten an interview (or had theirs already)? I'm currently in the UK and will not be in Hong Kong for the interview, but I think the interview will be taking place in the university, so has anyone gotten a reply from HKU if online interviews will be held for international applicants?

Also, if the interview is definitely in person, is anyone flying back to Hong Kong?

Sorry for the formatting issues this is my first time posting here :/
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Ohh it’s fine. I got the Law LLB interview from hku as well. I’ve written them an email asking them whether it’s possible to change the interview online. They replied me today and informed me that the interview would be carried out in zoom.
Hi, may I know whether you do A level or IB and what are your predicted grades? did you put llb law as your first choice? I have submitted my application in early November but have heard nothing from HKU yet:frown:
Reply 3
Hi! I do A Level and my predicted grades are 2 A* 2 A, I've also done Maths A Level last year and I got an A*. I did put llb as my first choice. I've also applied to other courses in HKU but haven't yet anything from them as well, so no worries!
Original post by linxx127
Hi, may I know whether you do A level or IB and what are your predicted grades? did you put llb law as your first choice? I have submitted my application in early November but have heard nothing from HKU yet:frown:

Hi, I’m doing A Level and my predicted grades are A*A*A*. I did put LLB law as my first choice, and I’ve completed the interviews for both CUHK and HKU but I haven’t heard back from any of them. I’ve also applied to law with business administration but I’ve only had interviews with the law faculty so far.
Original post by germanium6399
Hi, I’m doing A Level and my predicted grades are A*A*A*. I did put LLB law as my first choice, and I’ve completed the interviews for both CUHK and HKU but I haven’t heard back from any of them. I’ve also applied to law with business administration but I’ve only had interviews with the law faculty so far.

Hi, I'm doing A level as well with A*A*A*A* and epq A* predicted grades. I put LLB as my first choice too.

Have you gotten any offers/updates to your application?
Reply 7

Hello. do you get the conditional offer finally?
Original post by jobb11
Hello. do you get the conditional offer finally?

Sorry for the late reply, I haven’t been checking the Student Room lately. I got offers from both of the unis—CUHK lowered their offer to AAB and HKU gave me a conditional offer of A*A*A*.
Reply 9
Sorry for the late reply, I haven’t been checking the Student Room lately. I got offers from both of the unis—CUHK lowered their offer to AAB and HKU gave me a conditional offer of A*A*A*.

Congratulations
Reply 10
Applied to hku bba llb double hons during rolling admissions (jan). Put it as my third choice with a personal statement fearing to my first choice which was dentistry. Got an offer without interview for law and business double hons just now.
Reply 11
Original post by patpatpong
Applied to hku bba llb double hons during rolling admissions (jan). Put it as my third choice with a personal statement fearing to my first choice which was dentistry. Got an offer without interview for law and business double hons just now.

Congratulations. U mean your personal statement focused on dentistry but still got offer from llb? May I know your predicted grade?
Thx
Reply 12
Original post by jobb11
Congratulations. U mean your personal statement focused on dentistry but still got offer from llb? May I know your predicted grade?
Thx

Yup my ps was wholly about dentistry. BbaLaw was my third choice and I got an offer without interview. Regarding grades I have achieved A*A*A* with A* EPQ as I am on a gap year. Hope this helps!
(edited 11 months ago)

What a level subjects do you do?
Original post by mattheww0863
What a level subjects do you do?

Sorry for the late reply! I do business, economics, mathematics and Chinese.
Sorry for the late reply! I do business, economics, mathematics and Chinese.
I wanna do English Lit, History, Politics and Econ. If econ doesn't work out I'll swap it for religious studies. do you think that would work?
Reply 16
Original post by patpatpong
Yup my ps was wholly about dentistry. BbaLaw was my third choice and I got an offer without interview. Regarding grades I have achieved A*A*A* with A* EPQ as I am on a gap year. Hope this helps!
Hi. Did u finally get into DBS?
Original post by jobb11
Hi. Did u finally get into DBS?
nope, im in the uk for dentistry now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending