The Student Room Group

June 2011 Ocr Biology F211 and F212

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Groat
I'm hoping semi-conservative replication comes up! I haven't had a chance to analyse what will come up yet, but I'll go through my notes tomorrow, ticking off things and seeing what hasn't come up. I'll get back to you!

thank you!:smile:

yeah, there's so much to cover , and i have a lot of exams between this and the last biology, so will need to spread time

=/ seeing how i did in this one,i must do well in the next

any tips on how to revise something with so much to memorise?

thanks
Reply 381
Original post by sixthformer
thank you!:smile:

yeah, there's so much to cover , and i have a lot of exams between this and the last biology, so will need to spread time

=/ seeing how i did in this one,i must do well in the next

any tips on how to revise something with so much to memorise?

thanks

Do every past-paper. If you struggle on a particular subject, try and increase your understanding and answer the question again.
Even though i could do much better, i am moving now on from the exam, lets all prepare for unit 2, let's discuss analyse question spot

There is a thread made solely for the content of f212. :smile:
Original post by ibysaiyan
There is a thread made solely for the content of f212. :smile:

ahh, thanks will visit it
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I have no idea what you mean so I'll just say it all.

Currently taking; A level maths, AS Biology AS Chem AS Physics AS Critical Thinking - Unit 1.

Dropping Biology.

Next Year; A Level Further Maths, A Level Chemistry, A Level Physics, AS Level Critical Thinking - Unit 2.

Applying to Uni for: Masters Maths, Maths With Economics(Joint)

Will probably apply for Cambridge, Warwick (MMORSE), UCL, Kings College, Royal Hollaway. :smile:

Doing Economics would probably help your cause?
i apologise

but i am trying to get us to focus about the much harder/bigger exam

=/

Everybody else doesn't need 15 repeated posts to be focussed, as I said the majority of us will have a number of exams in between. Anyway, do as you wish I guess, its a free world forum.
Original post by Straight up G
Doing Economics would probably help your cause?

I would say no, I've heard it's heavily maths based at uni and economics at a level is very watered down. It would be more beneficial to take history which I may well do, I am undecided. However for now I will focus on my next exam which is C2, I have to retake, only got 81! :frown: Very annoying!
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I would say no, I've heard it's heavily maths based at uni and economics at a level is very watered down. It would be more beneficial to take history which I may well do, I am undecided. However for now I will focus on my next exam which is C2, I have to retake, only got 81! :frown: Very annoying!

It is heavily maths based, but 90%+ of applicants to top unis for straight Economics have Economics at A level, and that figure soars to around 95% for accepted applicants at the top unis. It is very maths based, but an appreciation of Economics would undoubtedly help. Don't see why you need history at all. Not relevant to Economics at A level, and probably not at Uni either if you are applying for joint honours with maths. I got 82 in C2, I'm retaking too. Friday...
Reply 388
i apologise

but i am trying to get us to focus about the much harder/bigger exam

=/
IMO Unit 1 is harder than Unit 2 (with the exception of biological molecules).

Did the Jan '11 paper for it and was only 4 marks off an A with no revision. :| Grade boundaries were crazily low, 64/100 for an A :O
Original post by Straight up G
It is heavily maths based, but 90%+ of applicants to top unis for straight Economics have Economics at A level, and that figure soars to around 95% for accepted applicants at the top unis. It is very maths based, but an appreciation of Economics would undoubtedly help. Don't see why you need history at all. Not relevant to Economics at A level, and probably not at Uni either if you are applying for joint honours with maths. I got 82 in C2, I'm retaking too. Friday...

I don't want to do Economics pure, besides there's no reason why I can't learn economics from scratch at university, the skills gained from history would be far more useful I feel. Lol, nice nice.
Reply 390
Does anyone have the past paper for f212 Jan 2011?
Really nervous about biology D: doing all the past papers twice over lol
I felt quite confident about the exam but looking at these answers and then seeing that I may have got them wrong has made my heart sink. Alas, it's all about Unit 2 now - a very good grade in that will surely give me a B at least.

I'm currently on an A (from the 20% practical) and am hoping for a B at least in Unit 1 so that I can go all out on Unit 2.
Original post by shenava94
Does anyone have the past paper for f212 Jan 2011?
Really nervous about biology D: doing all the past papers twice over lol

its lurking around somewhere in the forum with the markscheme... i tried but i couldnt find it again :/ ?
Reply 393
Re: June 2011 Ocr Biology F211

How did everyone find the paper we sat yesterday, coz I thought there were some easy questions and some tricky ones.

Can anyone plz give me feedback on this paper.

Thanks!
Original post by Nickini
IMO Unit 1 is harder than Unit 2 (with the exception of biological molecules).

Did the Jan '11 paper for it and was only 4 marks off an A with no revision. :| Grade boundaries were crazily low, 64/100 for an A :O

:smile: Then may blessings and valour be with us.

let us charge and fight for that exam

i want a crazily hard exam with very low boundaries, than a easy one with high ones

either way i won't go too far lol:frown:

must do well in this to make up for unit 1!
agreed, it is harder(exam wise)
Original post by Jade1234
cambium and i forgot the other one

I put the stem and root lol

i said stem , root
(cambium in the stem)

the paper was so vauge and ridiculous

(revising c1 and c2 for tomorrow)
Reply 396
I put the stem and root lol

i said stem , root
(cambium in the stem)

the paper was so vauge and ridiculous

(revising c1 and c2 for tomorrow)

Cambium and tips of the shoots, I'd guess :/

To S1 revision I go... :frown:
does anyone know what percentage of the final AS mark each individual module (f212,f211, practical segment) is worth? and for A2? stupid question, but i've forgotten :/
Reply 398
Original post by Hot Bobby Darling
does anyone know what percentage of the final AS mark each individual module (f212,f211, practical segment) is worth? and for A2? stupid question, but i've forgotten :/

OVERALL

211: 15%
212: 25%
Practical skills: 10%

214: 15%
215: 25%
Reply 399
Original post by Hot Bobby Darling

Original post by Jade1234
OVERALL

211: 15%
212: 25%

214: 15%
215: 25%

Not really percentage-able, but as a fraction of the AS:

211: 1/3
212: 1/2
Practical skills: 1/16

As a fraction of the A2:

211: 1/6
212: 1/4
Practical skills: 1/12

214: 1/6
215: 1/4
Practical skills: 1/12

Though the above posts are not neg-worthy, +rep to balance.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending