The Student Room Group

AS and A level urgent help & advice

Hi all,
I am doing AS level this year and it is not going well for me. College is torture but aside from that, I really need help
I was planning a timetable for exams for AS level 2023 and A level 2024.
I am doing OCR Biology, OCR Chemistry and Edexcel Maths
On my timetable, I was noting down when the exam dates are for this year and next year but it's all confusing. Can someone please explain them to me? How many exams are there for each year per subject? What are salters? Any advice on how to revise and memorise for Bio and Chem? A good flashcards app for Windows because Quizlet charges and shiton of money just to make them and I prefer typing them and printing them out
https://ocr.org.uk/Images/687431-june-2024-final-exam-timetable-as-a-level-fsmq-and-level-3-certificate-core-maths.pdf

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Examination-timetables/gce-summer-2024-provisional.pdf
Reply 1
I'm so sorry for swearing 😥
Reply 2
How long will it take for people to reply? Sorry, I'm panicking
Reply 3
Original post by Trypophobia
How long will it take for people to reply? Sorry, I'm panicking

Hi don’t panic at all, I’m in year 12 too!

I use StudySmarter for my flashcards: it’s great!

I’m not sure for the exams but I don’t think they’re importantly right now so don’t worry yourself with exam dates right now. (We do different exam boards too so not sure)

Salters from my knowledge is just the name of the particular course. “Salters-Nuffield” is the particular edexcel A level biology course you do!

Don’t hesitate to reach out via dm if you want to talk about anything: I’m open to talking about college or stress or anything :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by subbhy
Hi don’t panic at all, I’m in year 12 too!

I use StudySmarter for my flashcards: it’s great!

I’m not sure for the exams but I don’t think they’re importantly right now so don’t worry yourself with exam dates right now. (We do different exam boards too so not sure)

Salters from my knowledge is just the name of the particular course. “Salters-Nuffield” is the particular edexcel A level biology course you do!

Don’t hesitate to reach out via dm if you want to talk about anything: I’m open to talking about college or stress or anything :smile:

Thank you for the help! I'll try to calm down and good luck on your course! 🙂
They said that the exams are in January (mocks)
Reply 5
Original post by Trypophobia
Thank you for the help! I'll try to calm down and good luck on your course! 🙂
They said that the exams are in January (mocks)

Thanks! Good luck for your mocks :smile:
Reply 6
your mocks in January won’t define anything, as it’ll be your summer mocks or AS exams (depends which your school does) which go towards your predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest