The Student Room Group

What GCSE grades would get you into McGill university?

Do you guys have any idea what GCSEs you would need to get to get into McGill?
Reply 1
It depends what course you want to do, but this page on their site should help, http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/
Reply 2
They like it if you can spell fudge.
Bonus points if you can spell it twice.
Reply 3
buy your degree online
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Theconomist
McGill is just that. A McUniversity.

might as well buy your degree online

Rubbish.

It's ranked 61st in the world.

Have you got a degree? If so, did you buy YOURS online?
I've never heard of it, though a quick google search seems to show it's in the top twenty worldwide.

I'd ask in a Canadian forum.
Reply 6
Original post by davidcy147
Rubbish.

It's ranked 61st in the world.

Have you got a degree? If so, did you buy YOURS online?

I tried...:colondollar:
Reply 7
It seems quite respectable one...
Reply 8
Don't mean to turn this into a discussion, but what's wrong with McGill? I'd not heard of it before now...
I'm planning to go there next year (or Toronto, not quite decided).

I had 3 A*'s, 8 A's, 2 B's at GCSE so nothing particularly special at all considering the Uni's rankings.

try http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx for a canadian Uni forum if you're interested.

In response to why it may be looked down on, I think it is largely because it is in Canada which many people (who know nothing but like to express their views anyway) simply don't regard as a country offering world class higher education. McGill is (with UofT) the top ranked Uni in Canada, and while it's not able to compete with the likes of the American Ivy Leagues or Oxbridge for reputation or results, it is nonetheless an excellent university. Good luck.

World rankings (because I know some people put much faith into such things)
THES: 35th
ARWU: 61st
QS: 19th
Reply 10
Sorry to drag up a thread that's a few weeks old... but I'm looking for GCSE requirements too. I've analysed the site soo many times, I know A level requirements are BBC/BBcc/BCbb, but it says nothing of GCSEs, and I'm applying this September!
Original post by loz876
Sorry to drag up a thread that's a few weeks old... but I'm looking for GCSE requirements too. I've analysed the site soo many times, I know A level requirements are BBC/BBcc/BCbb, but it says nothing of GCSEs, and I'm applying this September!

If you need help, MP. I'm a McGill graduate, now studying in the US.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending