Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
any news for HKU BDS ???
there is a change in the online status
from under consideration to under consideration bracket 3
anyone have the same thing as me ?
thanks =)
Reply 581
Under consideration - For consideration under main round(3)
Reply 582
Original post by Hoyeechan1010
Hi jgeelong! What are you predicted grades? Have you applied to other unis? I really have no idea whether HKU is going to give me an offer or not....

Well I have already completed my IB diploma because I live in the Southern Hemisphere. I got a 40/45 (38/42) in the end. Currently I am going to Law school in Aus. I applied to UCL and St Andrews though UCAS and was given offers to both schools but not in law. I was offered a place in Politics at UCL and anthropology at St Andrews. I really really want to go to HKU and am desperate to hear from them. I have been stalking all these HKU related forums and have heard of people already receiving LLB offers in the main round!!! Yet I am still under consideration for all my preferences (arts and journalism as well). How about you? What are your predicted grades? :smile:
Original post by jgeelong
Well I have already completed my IB diploma because I live in the Southern Hemisphere. I got a 40/45 (38/42) in the end. Currently I am going to Law school in Aus. I applied to UCL and St Andrews though UCAS and was given offers to both schools but not in law. I was offered a place in Politics at UCL and anthropology at St Andrews. I really really want to go to HKU and am desperate to hear from them. I have been stalking all these HKU related forums and have heard of people already receiving LLB offers in the main round!!! Yet I am still under consideration for all my preferences (arts and journalism as well). How about you? What are your predicted grades? :smile:

I see I am a student in UK and for AS I got AAAB and I am predicted A*A*AA for A2. Therefore I am not familiar with the IB but it it must be quite impressive if you have offers from St Andrews and UCL! I really want to here from HKU as well but the offer that I really want is for Law at Warwick. They are taking ages to reply. I really can't decide anything until both warwick and hku reply to me. By the way, good luck and I hope you do get the offer that you really want :biggrin:
Reply 584
Original post by Hoyeechan1010
I see I am a student in UK and for AS I got AAAB and I am predicted A*A*AA for A2. Therefore I am not familiar with the IB but it it must be quite impressive if you have offers from St Andrews and UCL! I really want to here from HKU as well but the offer that I really want is for Law at Warwick. They are taking ages to reply. I really can't decide anything until both warwick and hku reply to me. By the way, good luck and I hope you do get the offer that you really want :biggrin:

Good luck to you as well. It was nice talking to you :smile: Keep me updated
Original post by 0830
Under consideration - For consideration under main round(3)

i assume they meant you are officially allocated for the 3rd round of the main round consideration? like hku gives out offers gradually and not all offers out at one time. so i think u still have plenty of time. it's only feb bro :biggrin:
Original post by ayyl99
Hey guys,

Just to let you know, HKU only interviews non-jupas applicants with a 44/45 predicted for IB - and that is the only bunch that they will likely consider.

Also, I just received an offer for LLB from HKU :smile:

Hello! congratulations on your offer. I am a non jupas applicant and have applied for the LLB at HKU too. My predicted A level grades are A*A*AA and I really have no clue whether I am going to get an offer. I don't even know if my grades are enough to get an interview :s-smilie:
Reply 587
Original post by dragon_knight
i assume they meant you are officially allocated for the 3rd round of the main round consideration? like hku gives out offers gradually and not all offers out at one time. so i think u still have plenty of time. it's only feb bro :biggrin:

3rd round??? What do you mean? HKU does not only have Fast track and normal track?? My friend's situation also same as 0830
Reply 588
Original post by jgeelong
I was offered a place in Politics at UCL and anthropology at St Andrews.

Why would you ever go to Hong Kong, if you have offers from such reputable British unis? :eek:
Reply 589
Original post by wllee1989
3rd round??? What do you mean? HKU does not only have Fast track and normal track?? My friend's situation also same as 0830

is ur friend applying for BDS also ?
Reply 590
Original post by the_13th
Why would you ever go to Hong Kong, if you have offers from such reputable British unis? :eek:

Hi :smile: Well I live in Aus so the expenses required to study in the UK are enormous. Also, I am not that interested in studying Politics or Anthropology...anymore... very stupid move on my behalf :colondollar:
Reply 591
Original post by saychig
any updates on dentistry offers??

did u hav any news from HKU ?
Reply 592
Original post by saychig
Nah, what curriculum are you doing? IB or A levels?

A-level .
what course r u applying ?
Reply 593
My friend applied it but she have no interview or any news now.

is ur friend applied or u instead ????
r u local ???

it was just pure guess. like for main round offers, they aren't issued all at a time. fast-track is the first round, perhaps second round offers issued just now, third round offers issued a few months later, then fouth round, and so on. really it's only pure guessing since the (3) thing is sooo spooky...
Reply 595

anyway, as for BDS, no interview will be conducted right?
just hope for the best, things shall be fine.

btw, i thought there are only fast track and main round but im not aware that there are so many rounds for main round itself...

and mine doesnt even show (1) or whatsoever... ==''
Reply 596
well... for specific unis, it's different. but generally, medicine, dentistry, global business courses and law courses are the most competitive ones.
stats:
HKU admitted 4 of the 33 5A* achievers in GCE A-levels last year
dentistry for HKU: dont ever think about it without 3A* if u are at the last round interview
global business: median of last year's admission for HKALE was 5A in 3AL, 2AS
[unofficial estimation by unis: GCE A* is roughly equal to HKALE C]

other courses are also competitive localised(i.e. not many international applicants) like journalism.

sorry for telling stats about medicine. i'm a med app so i have to stick to these figures :P

econ and finance are also competitive. it varies from uni to uni. again unofficial rankings of business-related courses by hk students:
HKUST Global Business > CUHK Global Business > HKU International Business Global Management (IBGM) > HKU BBA(Law) > HKU BBA(econ and finance) > CUHK BBA(account and finance) and so on.

HKUST would be the most popular business course in hk since it's "renowned" for its heavy homework load. (some say UST = University of Stress and Tension :P)

HKU is prestigious because of its name and fame and internationalism. also their hall culture, social network is much broader.

CUHK is well... not the 1st or 2nd but also not bad :smile:

EDIT: i forgot to congrads for you LSE offer! it's very nice to meet very capable ppl like u with LSE offers! my god getting an offer from a uni is like a dream...

lol u should study med in CUHK!! it's a pity that u gave up the offer!

Hi guys, I am just wondering which exam board are you taking A Levels with? Will exam board matter? Will pre-u exams make your application more competitive? Of course, given that you got a very high grades in exams. I would love to apply for hku and cuhk med for 2013 entry.
Reply 597
I have received an offer from HKU for LLB LAW :biggrin: and I can say, I do the IB and you don't have to get 44/45 to get an offer...I'm predicted 42 no interview!
Reply 598
Original post by fimo
I have received an offer from HKU for LLB LAW :biggrin: and I can say, I do the IB and you don't have to get 44/45 to get an offer...I'm predicted 42 no interview!

Did you have any conditions?
Original post by fimo

Congratulations! Where are you from? I am applying for the LLB too and I am a student in the UK. My predicted grades for A2 are A*A*AA, I really hope that I get an offer too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending