The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Is Nottingham Trent Law School any good??

Hi,

My friend and me were both applying to the same universities (co-incidence) and I got accepted in my firm and she didn't. Our firm wanted AAA - Leeds University for Law LLB. I managed to get AABB and they accepted me, however my friend got ABB with one of her b's being 2 marks of an A. Her insurance Nottingham Trent has accepted her. But she wants to know more about the Law School in Nottingham Trent, is it good? What is good about it? Is the teaching any good? What is the employment rate like? She's looked online but wanted to know other people's opinions who are studying there or who are going to study there. There are a lot of negative thing's that people say about NTU, but is it really that bad?

:smile:
Reply 1
Its excellent - the buildings they are housed in look good too! Every ~Uni has good and 'less good' departments - Law is one of the best at Trent.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by bobdaskull
Its excellent - the buildings they are housed in look good too! Every ~Uni has good and 'less good' departments - Law is one of the best at Trent.

That's so re-assuring. Mostly everyone says such negative thing's abou Trent, like its not as good as Nottingham, it has chavy low grades students, bad teaching etc. I hope none of its true though:smile:
I hope so as well been accepted after failing to meet firm's offer.. I think it will be great though!
Reply 4
Well I'm going and I'm not a chav so I guess they're wrong :tongue:
Reply 5
i got 360 ucas points so i hope we aren't all chavy low grade students :/
Original post by Tanya---
That's so re-assuring. Mostly everyone says such negative thing's abou Trent, like its not as good as Nottingham, it has chavy low grades students, bad teaching etc. I hope none of its true though:smile:

Well it isn't as good as University of Nottingham to be fair. But apart from that it's still a reasonably good uni - I think it would be a lot more respected if it didn't have to share the city with Nottingham Uni as it sort of over shadows it a bit.

But anyway, like I said Trent is still a good uni and the Nottingham Law School actually has a good reputation.
Reply 7
Original post by Brradders
Well I'm going and I'm not a chav so I guess they're wrong :tongue:

Let's hope not, 320 points and I did not participate in any rioting.
Original post by WDGardiner
Let's hope not, 320 points and I did not participate in any rioting.

Its a good department and is definitely different to Nottingham Uni, as they really more heavily on exam and coursework whereas trent give you practical skills as well such as mooting and debates. Its one of the things staff at both unis mention when doing events together, so trent uses lots of different teaching methods. I haven't done the course but know people that have at both Unis in nottingham.
One of the strongest students on the BPTC at Nottingham this year did his LLB at the University of Derby, which actually has barristers on its teaching staff for the LLB, something the University of Manchester, where I went, can only dream of.
Reply 10
I know someone doing Law at Trent - and he also got the grades (and an offer) from Nottingham Uni to do Law aswell, but choose Trent over Uni - so I think that says something :biggrin:
Reply 11
I'm going to do Law there too :smile: The Law school has a good reputation, not sure about the University overall though.
Original post by bobdaskull

Hi any idea about their online LLB?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending