The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Officially you have to reset the memory of a calculator before every exam. But you can usually get away with it because the invilgilators either forget or don't bother.
Reply 2
Ok, Thanks

I only would do it if its allowed by exam rules (even though at my school they would never bother to try and re-set them all)

I didn't think you could, its just people always say how useful graphical calculators are because you can program in equations.. but if they can't be used in exams then theres not much point
Reply 3
Biffy Clyro
Ok, Thanks

I only would do it if its allowed by exam rules (even though at my school they would never bother to try and re-set them all)

I didn't think you could, its just people always say how useful graphical calculators are because you can program in equations.. but if they can't be used in exams then theres not much point

They can be useful for checking some nasty graphs you may have to plot in the later core modules.
Reply 4
Biffy Clyro
Are you allowed to program in any programs into your graphical calculator, such as quadratic equation, simpsons rule and stuff like that?

And my calculator came with a few applications already installed, do these have to be removed for exams?

Thanks
there's a list of allowed graphical calculators, and most of them (all) have pre-installed programs to do the functions you list.
Reply 5
Really? I have the TI-83.. i was looking for simpsons rule but could only find a program i had to program in myself.

Wouldn't happen to know where it is do you? :wink:

Thanks

Latest