The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury Christ Church Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Can anyone confirm that what it's telling me is my Student ID actually is? Is it the first few letters of the surname then a bunch of numbers?
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 381
Mine is first letter of my first name, first letter of my second name, and three numbers...
Reply 382
Ugh, that can't be it then.
And I can't find it on any of the letters Canterbury has sent me :frown:
Thanks for all the help so far, by the way.
Reply 383
No worries! It seems like loads of people are having trouble. And that it is all very unorganised seeing as we Have just over a month to go! All I know is it should be on a welcome letter from the university, I can't find the letter, just had it written down, thankfully!
http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/faq/Home.aspx doubt this will actually help but there might be something usefull in there somewhere :smile:
Reply 384
The only vaguely welcoming letter I have is the one saying they've offered me a place lol :smile:
Blah, looks like I'll have to ring them.
Reply 385
Just noticed that on the FAQ section That your student I'd is the first three letters of your surname followed by random numbers, So that may actually be yours, my surname is only three letters long hence why it's different I think... I should have realised that lol! :smile:
Reply 386
Oh wow, sorry, I should've scanned the FAQ more :tongue:
That definitely fits the bill, I'll have to figure out for myself why it isn't working then...
Thanks again! :smile:
Reply 387
Do you have to have an unconditional firm to do this now, actually? :eek:
Because in the letter I got today, it says "Once you have secured your place at CCC, you will recieve a welcome letter directing you to our online student portal..." "You should recieve this letter towards the end of August" etc. etc.
Now I feel silly :tongue:
Reply 388
Ah good point... I have Unconditional firm lol! Maybe that's why! :-)
Reply 389
Lucky you! :smile:
But yeah, that's a weight off my mind.
Have to convince myself that I'm actually going to University when I can't even take the time to read things lol!
Reply 390
My student ID is the first 3 letters of my surname then some numbers. If you log into the Accommodation Portal (as it only requires your UCAS ID, surname, etc.) your student ID should be in the top left hand corner once you sign in. :smile:
Hello ago, sorry i never replyed to anyone it told me no one had written in here for weeks >.< i just got my accomidation offer and im in benson house pin hill :smile: second floor, flat 5
Reply 392
Original post by KayleeDawn
Hello ago, sorry i never replyed to anyone it told me no one had written in here for weeks >.< i just got my accomidation offer and im in benson house pin hill :smile: second floor, flat 5

Did they email it to your personal address or uni one? :smile:

Was Pin Hill your first choice?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 393
So I have completed the pre registration, have my uni address (pin hill) :smile: and sorted my uni email, however in canterburys last email they told me I must check the accommodation arrival details etc in student net. This to me seems rather impossible as they are all last years dates?! They said I would receive an email inviting me to book a slot to collect keys etc? This hasn't appeared yet, Anyone else at the same sort of point? Slightly worried that from an it department view they couldn't even have the correct dates in place before they let new students into student.net?!

Reply 394
Original post by beck010
So I have completed the pre registration, have my uni address (pin hill) :smile: and sorted my uni email, however in canterburys last email they told me I must check the accommodation arrival details etc in student net. This to me seems rather impossible as they are all last years dates?! They said I would receive an email inviting me to book a slot to collect keys etc? This hasn't appeared yet, Anyone else at the same sort of point? Slightly worried that from an it department view they couldn't even have the correct dates in place before they let new students into student.net?!

I had this problem too, I start earlier than most so I had no idea when I was supposed to enroll. I phoned the i-zone yesterday and told them all the info was out of date and the lady I spoke to said they will update it in the next few weeks. She said if it's not updated soon (after results day I would imagine) then contact them. It's still confusing though! :s-smilie:

I just really want to know where I'm living!
Reply 395
Same! :eek:
Reply 396
Original post by tk1993
Same! :eek:

Have you not heard yet either? I keep checking all my e-mails but nothing. :frown:
If I don't hear this week, I've got a problem because I'm going away for a fortnight, so I won't be able to pay my deposit. I might see what happens tomorrow then call them. :s-smilie:
Reply 397
Original post by colef001
Have you not heard yet either? I keep checking all my e-mails but nothing. :frown:
If I don't hear this week, I've got a problem because I'm going away for a fortnight, so I won't be able to pay my deposit. I might see what happens tomorrow then call them. :s-smilie:

I haven't even pre-registered :tongue:
But no, I won't find out until results day because my offer is conditional :frown:
Reply 398
Original post by colef001
I had this problem too, I start earlier than most so I had no idea when I was supposed to enroll. I phoned the i-zone yesterday and told them all the info was out of date and the lady I spoke to said they will update it in the next few weeks. She said if it's not updated soon (after results day I would imagine) then contact them. It's still confusing though! :s-smilie:

I just really want to know where I'm living!

Fair enough... And I bet you do! I was getting worried about it weeks ago, glad I know tho, it would just help to know when I need to be there it's a 210 mile trip there and back from the isle of wight (not that far compared to others I know) maybe I'm just over worried! :-)

Reply 399
Original post by tk1993
I haven't even pre-registered :tongue:
But no, I won't find out until results day because my offer is conditional :frown:

Is that because you don't have your student ID?

I know it sucks having to wait on results. My Firm was conditional last year. At least they do it on a first come, first served basis so the fact that you've applied already is a good thing. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending