The Student Room Group

QTS and student finance

Can I get a tuition and maintenance loan if I undertake a school direct unsalaried QTS only course or would I have to take PGCE as well?

Would I also get the bursary in addition to the loan if I am learning one of the applicable subjects?
Original post by littlestcupcake
Can I get a tuition and maintenance loan if I undertake a school direct unsalaried QTS only course or would I have to take PGCE as well?

Would I also get the bursary in addition to the loan if I am learning one of the applicable subjects?

Hi there,

Unsalaried QTS courses can attract the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans, though it depends on the specific course.

If you have a particular course and university in mind let us know and we'll check this.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Unsalaried QTS courses can attract the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans, though it depends on the specific course.

If you have a particular course and university in mind let us know and we'll check this.

Thanks, Graeme

Thanks Graeme

It would be this course

https://www.find-postgraduate-teacher-training.service.gov.uk/course/14H/2FS3

Thank you - this course doesn't show on our database for Canterbury Christ Church University: this normally means the course isn't one that attracts funding from us.

However, to know for sure we'd recommend making an application online as soon you're able. That way our assessors can confirm exactly what you're entitled to.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending