The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The Official Glasgow Applicants 2012 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Unconditional offer for English Lit. :smile: couldn't be happier.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 221
Congratulations! When did you submit your UCAS form? And did you get notification of your offer this late at night?:eek:
That's my UCAS sent away today, hopefully get offers in soon like many others in this thread :biggrin:
Applying for Computing Science and Maths separately :biggrin:

Glasgow is my first choice :biggrin:
Original post by NHAY86
Hi cncll!

I also applied for Earth Science at Glasgow, just sent my application off to UCAS this morning actually. Hope they process it asap. Glasgow would probably be my fav uni, so hope i get an offer. We could be on the same course if I am successful!!

My cousin got a first in that in 2009 and said it was the best time of her life :ninja:
Reply 224
Got my conditional offer today :smile:
I'm applying for anatomy and biochemistry :smile:
Original post by NHAY86
Congratulations! When did you submit your UCAS form? And did you get notification of your offer this late at night?:eek:

I submitted my UCAS application Wednesday then got the offer at about 10am that Friday! Couldn't believe how quick they were!
Reply 227
Thats great for you, congatulations.

And Glasgow seem to be offering any places pretty quickly. I applied on Monday, and still haven't heard from them yet. Its still early but fear that I may have been put on the "maybe" pile for now. Having said that, I am a Mature Student, so maybe they need to check on my qualifications to see if they fit their requirements, and that may take a little more time.

I have had all my acknowledgements now, but as I said, being a Mature Student with OU qualifications, Its a bit more complicated and that could be the reason why I haven't had any replies yet.
Reply 228
Original post by NHAY86
Thats great for you, congatulations.

And Glasgow seem to be offering any places pretty quickly. I applied on Monday, and still haven't heard from them yet. Its still early but fear that I may have been put on the "maybe" pile for now. Having said that, I am a Mature Student, so maybe they need to check on my qualifications to see if they fit their requirements, and that may take a little more time.

I'm convinced I've been put onto the "maybe" pile, my UCAS was processed 31st of October. Two people in my school got offers from Glasgow, both with high predictions above the ABB. I'm predicted AAB so I think that why haven't heard anything back yet :smile:

I'm going to have to learn to be patient anyway, my 4 other choices don't reply until after January :tongue:
Reply 229
You could be right. Its very worrying to see all these peeps getting offers, so I know exactly how you feel, but I wish you well, and hope you get the offers you want.
Reply 230
Original post by NHAY86
You could be right. Its very worrying to see all these peeps getting offers, so I know exactly how you feel, but I wish you well, and hope you get the offers you want.

Good Luck to you too! :h:
Reply 231
Conditional offer ABB for AS grades AAA in History and Theatre Studies!! bloody happy =P
Reply 232
seem to be the only one applying for technological education, maybe thats a good thing cause my grades from last year were awful :frown:
Reply 233
Got an offer from Glasgow for English/Politics! It seems like a great university and would probably be a great experience!
Applying for History here. Looks amazing! Now just have to get round to writing my personal statement......
Reply 235
okay, so i applied about 4 days ago to do English Joint with Film and Television Studies!! seriously hoping that get an offer, or even a rejection soon as most of my friends have had confirmation from at least one if not 3 of their choices!!! and i've had none!!

still so excited! i love glasgow :biggrin: has anybody else applied for the same course?
Veterinary medicine :smile:
Have an interview on the 13th of December :biggrin:
Applied for Microbiology, hope I get an offer! :smile:
To anyone who got unconditional offers: How long did they take?
Reply 239
hey all,

i'm applying to glasgow to do psychology, i was wondering - how lenient are they with entry requirements? due to health reasons i didnt do well in one of my a levels, but my reference explains this so im hoping glasgow will take that into consideration rather than being reeeeaaally strict about entry requirements?

how much focus do they put on personal statements and references for psychology, because my application is very much dependent on them!
i really want to go to glasgow, it looks amazing!

any replies would be appreciated! thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending