No not yet and it’s stressing me out!! Hopefully soon
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
yep i heard back in late october/early november
Reply 3
Original post by nosleepyescoffee
yep i heard back in late october/early november
did you get an offer ?? if you don't mind me asking. If so do they send an email about fees and all that prior to making an offer ? also are you a GB student ?
Original post by spam44
did you get an offer ?? if you don't mind me asking. If so do they send an email about fees and all that prior to making an offer ? also are you a GB student ?
yes i got an offer, no they didn’t contact me about fees before or after - i just had to prove my fee status as part of my condition and yes im a GB student
Reply 5
yes i got an offer, no they didn’t contact me about fees before or after - i just had to prove my fee status as part of my condition and yes im a GB student
what are your stats ?
Original post by spam44
what are your stats ?
3A* predicted + A star epq, 29 lnat
Reply 7
3A* predicted + A star epq, 29 lnat
oh wow thats amazing, hopefully my 22 LNAT and 3 As will suffice 😭
Original post by spam44
Has anyone hear back from Glasgow Law?? Im a GB student

yes i heard back about a month ago
I applied with 3 As and a 22 on my LNAT aswell. How likely am I to get an offer ??
They are going to take non Scottish applications first due to amount of money they get for fees and then by default have to take into account the Scottish capped places element. (so English students will pay nearly £10k in fees where Scottish students will only give them £2k).
im not a Scottish student, does that mean im more likely to get in than a Scottish student ?? surely thats no fair ( im a GB student )
In my opinion yes, you are more likely. in essence for over popular courses such as Law, Medicine, Accountancy, all the professional ones the Universities have capped places for Scottish students. This is due to finance. Scottish students fees (paid for by the Scottish Govt) is around £2000. English and Welsh student pay around £10000, overseas student around £25000 or more. Who would you chose if you are in charge of University finance?

Thats the dilemma. It doesnt kick in for under subscribed courses obviously but Law is certainly one of them at Glasgow, St Andrews and Edinburgh.
Original post by scott1971annie
In my opinion yes, you are more likely. in essence for over popular courses such as Law, Medicine, Accountancy, all the professional ones the Universities have capped places for Scottish students. This is due to finance. Scottish students fees (paid for by the Scottish Govt) is around £2000. English and Welsh student pay around £10000, overseas student around £25000 or more. Who would you chose if you are in charge of University finance?
Thats the dilemma. It doesnt kick in for under subscribed courses obviously but Law is certainly one of them at Glasgow, St Andrews and Edinburgh.
st andrews and edinburgh dont do common law so its not much of an issue there
Original post by Anonymous #4
st andrews and edinburgh dont do common law so its not much of an issue there
Yes I am aware of that. I was using them to illustrate the capped places element for Scottish students, thanks for your input.
Original post by scott1971annie
Not always true. Vet met is one of the hardest courses to get into and it's v v difficult to get into Scotland from the UK. Places go to home and international students.

My gf does Scots law at Glasgow and almost all home students. UK students aren't really going to have Scots law in their plans
Well, great news, hope you are right :smile:
are contextual offers given first?
Reply 18
I still havent heard anything and im panicking
Original post by anonymous8876
are contextual offers given first?
What does contextual offer mean please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending