The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The Official Glasgow Applicants 2012 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AoifeM786
Thank you :smile: Mine was sent off just before Christmas. What are you applying for?

French, got an unconditional offer on Friday :biggrin:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 381
Original post by suzukomochizuki
Congradulations!! I'm still waiting for their decision...

The subject I've applied to also requires 36 points and I know my predicted grade is way lower than that, obviously I hope they still give me an offer but now I'm so desperate I wish they at least tell me I'm rejected... :s-smilie:

Thanks! :smile:

Don't worry, the decision will have to come! Glasgow was my last reply too, somewhat surprising.

Wish I could assure you that you'll get an offer of 34 too, but honestly I only think it was because I'm an international student :redface: My predicted was 37/38 though...

Good luck! :smile:
What is everyone thinking for accomodation?
Reply 383
good question. There's one student accommodation in the west and like 3/4 in the east (for postgraduates). I would say that the west one is better, as it's in the city centre. But I would prefer having a lot of other students around, so east would be better..... you see, I'm still not sure.

:s-smilie:
Reply 384
Hi

My application was only processed on saturday by ucas by I am pretty impatient haha. I was just wondering if Glasgow have any correspondence with you before an offer would be made or if you don't hear from then until they make a decision. I have already been given MyEd details from Edinburgh uni.

I have applied for physiology for which I have met the "AAAB= unconditional" requirements so was wondering if I would perhaps hear back more quickly because of this.

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 385
I got a conditional last week for law: a B at any higher and a B at any advanced higher :smile:
Got an ABB offer for English Language & Literature today! Glasgow isn't my first choice but I've been waiting over a month for an offer from somewhere so just thankful to finally have one :smile:
I've got Scottish Highers of AAABBB with 3 sat in 5th and the other 3 in 6th year.

Got the acknowledgement ages ago, but not heard anything back since. What do you think my chances are? I'm trying to get into Economics. Thanks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 388
Original post by distinctspy
I've got Scottish Highers of AAABBB with 3 sat in 5th and the other 3 in 6th year.

Got the acknowledgement ages ago, but not heard anything back since. What do you think my chances are? Thanks.

Depends on the course, not that I'm an expert. But obviously if it's a very competitive course your chances are lower than if it's not.
Sorry, edited the post now. Haha it's economics! Very competitive. I've got As in Psychology and Computing so I've applied to computing science and psychology combinations too so I'm hoping one of them likes what they see!
Reply 390
Sorry, edited the post now. Haha it's economics! Very competitive. I've got As in Psychology and Computing so I've applied to computing science and psychology combinations too so I'm hoping one of them likes what they see!

Well this is what the website says:

Conditional offers made to applicants sitting additional Highers or Advanced Highers will require them to achieve AAAA (or equivalent) over the two sittings.

So, It's not impossible I suppose.
Yeah. Hmmmm. What do you reckon?

As on the tariff system what I have exceeds that! We'll have to wait and see, but I'm ****ed if it doesn't come off, as its like all I applied for, and I can't stand Durham University for any longer!
Reply 392
Applied Saturday for English Lit :smile:
I have above the grades already so just hoping that they'll make me an offer, possible first choice so fingers crossed.
hi, im applying for art history/philosophy
wondering if anyones had any offers for this course? and if they did what grades they got?
i got aabb in fifth year and in sixth year another higher a and also an adv b, so wondering basically what my chances are of getting in
Original post by Laurelcs
Yeah it is just glasgow, all my other choices have sent me some sort of acknowlegement, I have tried to get in contact with them but on the website there doesn't seem to be any number for admissions

Contact details

University of Glasgow
71 Southpark Avenue
University of Glasgow
Glasgow
G12 8QQ

tel : 0141 330 6062
fax : 0141 330 2961
email : [email protected]

Hope this helps!:smile:

Got the acknowledgement ages ago, but not heard anything back since. What do you think my chances are? I'm trying to get into Economics. Thanks.
I have the exact same grades as you and I emailed the admissions office awhile ago about getting into english language. They said that I had a good chance and that it would just be down to applicant volume etc. Not sure what it is for economics.

I was also told by an educator that Glasgow was severely undersubscribed in most courses last year. Don't take that too seriously though and don't severely get your hopes up. I don't even think Glasgow really know how they're admitting people, it's just luck.
Reply 396
Yeah. Hmmmm. What do you reckon?

As on the tariff system what I have exceeds that! We'll have to wait and see, but I'm ****ed if it doesn't come off, as its like all I applied for, and I can't stand Durham University for any longer!

I can't give an answer as I have no real knowledge and wouldn't like to crush/raise your hopes wrongly!
Yeah, I was just looking to see if anyone else with any past experience knew if those kind of grades could make the cut!
Reply 398
Original post by silence18
Contact details

University of Glasgow
71 Southpark Avenue
University of Glasgow
Glasgow
G12 8QQ

tel : 0141 330 6062
fax : 0141 330 2961
email : [email protected]

Hope this helps!:smile:

Thank you, but no need to worry! Just go an offer from glasgow WOO literally so happy !
Reply 399
I got an offer for Physics!!! anyone else applying for physics? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending