The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The Official Glasgow Applicants 2012 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ocarinaoftime
Good luck with them! :smile:
I applied for MA with Archaeology, I'd say my subjects fit Geography and Archaeology =/

Umm I can't reply yo your message because you have disabled pm's :gah:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 581
This may have already come up but does anyone know if students can go to the parents information evenings, it's just that because I live in London getting up to Glasgow is a lot of effort and I'd quite like to go to the parents information evening in Richmond. If anyone knows anything it will be appreciated xD
Reply 582
Can anyone tell me the difference between an MA and MA (socsci) ?
Original post by blueray
Umm I can't reply yo your message because you have disabled pm's :gah:

Ohhhh I enabled them :colone:
Reply 584
I got an offer to study straight Economics in Glasgow. But somehow I feel like studying in the Netherlands would be better... So I think I'll have to reject the offer...
Reply 585
Original post by BalysZ
I got an offer to study straight Economics in Glasgow. But somehow I feel like studying in the Netherlands would be better... So I think I'll have to reject the offer...

Would you care to elaborate?
Reply 586
Sure, what would you like to know?
Ohhhh I enabled them :colone:

Pmed :colone:
Original post by SilverSun
Have English Language applicant received replies?? Still waiting here.... :smile:

Yes :smile: my conditional offer for English Language and Comparative Literature arrived just the day before yesterday :biggrin: Good luck, I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon
Good luck with them! :smile:
I applied for MA with Archaeology, I'd say my subjects fit Geography and Archaeology =/ Geography, History, English, Modern Studies and Art.

To Mikeandadamsmum
I mentioned that I had higher grades than the requirements laid out on the website, I haven't had a reply - Not even sure if I've emailed the correct place! I have also sent an email to the head of Environmental science, I was a bit nervous doing that but I guess it's worth trying everything, I don't want to regret not enquiring about it so I'll do anything. I have told him my grades and such. There are definitely no faults within my UCAS form, I have double checked and I received an unconditional elsewhere so I assume it's fine. :frown: I guess all I can do is wait and hopefully not receive a generic email, if that happens I'm going to phone up. :smile: Thank you!

Yeah, they should do :/ I'm studying Geography, English, French, Drama and Biology so pretty similar!

Hm.. there was something similar in my school a few years back. We were told that a girl had perfect grades, loads of work experience but she got rejected from Primary teaching and when the school contacted Glasgow to ask (i think it was Glasgow) they said that they didn't really like her personal statement. Sometimes they can just be picky:/ but I really, really hope it's a mistake!!

PM me when you get a reply and let me know what happens! I really hope it works out!
Original post by skimbleshanks
Yes :smile: my conditional offer for English Language and Comparative Literature arrived just the day before yesterday :biggrin: Good luck, I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon

Good for you that's great! Ok now I'm really getting nervous.... :biggrin: first I wait forever and then when I'm about to get results I'm not sure I want them :tongue:
Reply 591
Original post by BalysZ

Glasgow degree with year abroad in the netherlands = perfection.
Anyone know when they get back to 'held applicants'? I got AAAC at my higher (first sitting) and I'm doing anoher 3 this year. I applied for MA Geography and got an email last month saying that I met the minimum grade requirements but they would get back to me with an offer or rejection later. I stupidly deleted the email and I can't remember if it gave a date by when they would conatct me.
Original post by hannahbr
Can anyone tell me the difference between an MA and MA (socsci) ?

My modern studies teacher went to glasgow and told me the only difference is that you wear a different robe at your graduation :P
Reply 594
Original post by RoryRorrzShikari
Anyone know when they get back to 'held applicants'? I got AAAC at my higher (first sitting) and I'm doing anoher 3 this year. I applied for MA Geography and got an email last month saying that I met the minimum grade requirements but they would get back to me with an offer or rejection later. I stupidly deleted the email and I can't remember if it gave a date by when they would conatct me.

I got that too, they said in March!
Original post by Millymoo
I got that too, they said in March!

Thanks :biggrin: I'll be checking my emails every day in March haha
Hi people :smile: I got a conditional offer for history and if all goes well will be taking them up on it, so I guess I may be seeing some of you guys in September (fingers crossed) :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 597
Original post by RoryRorrzShikari
My modern studies teacher went to glasgow and told me the only difference is that you wear a different robe at your graduation :P

Oohhhhh okay! Thanks for clearing that up! No difference worth worrying about then!
Has anybody who firmed Glasgow got their welcome pack yet ?
Original post by Rubyy
This may have already come up but does anyone know if students can go to the parents information evenings, it's just that because I live in London getting up to Glasgow is a lot of effort and I'd quite like to go to the parents information evening in Richmond. If anyone knows anything it will be appreciated xD

Hi Rubyy - please do come along to the event in Richmond!

All interested students in the London area - whether current applicants or possible future applicants - are very welcome at our Parents' Information Evening events (one to be held in Richmond and the other in Royal Tunbridge Wells). We encourage you to bring your parents/guardians along with you, and all we ask is that you register beforehand via the following link (to give us an idea of numbers):

www.glasgow.ac.uk/parents

Staff and current students from the University will be on hand to answer questions on courses, accommodation, finance and student life - all over some light refreshments in a setting local to you.

If anybody has any questions whatsoever about the events in either Richmond (Hampton School) or Royal Tunbridge Wells (The Skinners' School), feel free to email me direct on [email protected].

Cheers guys,

John

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending