yes
Reply 202
Original post by mmmpie
This, is more properly applied to this:

calm down and find someone to love
Reply 203
Original post by Liam_G
How so?

'vehemently homophobic responses' is just ridiculous hyperbole. Then again I shouldn't be surprised, you've displayed numerous times in this thread that you seem to lack basic intelligence.
Reply 204
Original post by mau5
'vehemently homophobic responses' is just ridiculous hyperbole. Then again I shouldn't be surprised, you've displayed numerous times in this thread that you seem to lack basic intelligence.

It isn't ridiculous hyperbole at all, you said gay people are insufferable human beings :erm:

Hyperbole > Completely unfounded remarks.
Original post by alphabet
yes

So condemning them for their nature, then, as we were saying...
Reply 206
Original post by Liam_G
It isn't ridiculous hyperbole at all, you said gay people are insufferable human beings :erm:

Hyperbole > Completely unfounded remarks.

I said the majority, I know a few lesbians who are good people. I judge people as individuals; not as a race, gender, sexuality or any other collective. I judge people on their character and how they act and interact with others, which I believe is the most unbiased way to judge someone. And as individuals, 99% of gays I've met or know of I would class as insufferable human beings (yes that includes the whining cocks sending me PM's saying the wish I was dead). Grow up.
Reply 207
Original post by Retrodiction
So condemning them for their nature, then, as we were saying...

no
no

Unable to defend your comments... not that I'm surprised.
Reply 209
Unable to defend your comments... not that I'm surprised.

no

you're boring
no

you're boring

Again, demonstrating an ability to defend your claims.
Reply 211
Again, demonstrating an ability to defend your claims.

no
Reply 212
no

you're boring

troll...?

As a gay person, I actually think it is quite possible that sexuality is determined after birth, although its not a conscious choice.

I find a lot of gay people annoying. BUT - as with the oppression of women, the oppression of homosexuals in our society is so deep-rooted that many gay people feel the need to conform to the role society has constructed for them. If you find some gay people irritating, its probably becuase people WANT to find them so: otherwise the negative stereotyping that exists everywhere wouldn't occur.

In response to the original question, I think attitudes have certainly changed (bar some idiots). However, I feel that whilst most people are fine with homosexuality, they still stereotype and they still expect certain behavoir. I see queer oppression as entering the phase that femminism entered in post-WW2. Progress, of course, will be much quicker though.
Reply 213
calm down and find someone to love

I thought my doing that was something you were trying to forbid.
no

good argument =/
Reply 215
Original post by mmmpie
I thought my doing that was something you were trying to forbid.

I don't think anyone argues that gay people can't love each other, it is simply an issue of doing it in public.
Reply 216
Original post by DYKWIA
I don't think anyone argues that gay people can't love each other, it is simply an issue of doing it in public.

How is trying to ban it from being publicly acknowledged really any different from forbidding it?
Reply 217
Original post by DYKWIA

Don't know about you, but my feelings in general do not change when I move from a public place to a private one, or vice versa.
Original post by DYKWIA
how so? Simply because lots of people are turning gay doesn't make them any more right. If you get the right to marry another guy, why doesn't Joe Animalphile get to marry spot, his pet dog?

Don't you get bored of attempting to make me look stupid?

I dont choose to turn gay. I was born like this. Just like you were born straight.
Reply 219
Original post by mmmpie
Don't know about you, but my feelings in general do not change when I move from a public place to a private one, or vice versa.

So you would walk down the street naked then? What you just said makes no sense. Of course the law treats public and private life very differently. Why should gays be any different? I don't want to go outside and see gay people kissing each other everywhere. Why should children be exposed to that sort of confusion?

Original post by GentlemanOfTheRoad
I dont choose to turn gay. I was born like this. Just like you were born straight.

I believe Freud was the one who said that sexuality is determined partially by early-life nurture, so while you don't have a choice in your sexuality, society in general does. I don't have anything against homosexuals, but we don't need a higher proportion of the population being homosexual. Understand?

Latest

Trending

Trending