The Student Room Group

Chemistry unit 4 AQA

Scroll to see replies

does anyone have AQA Collins text book answers please? thanks
I need some advice. I don't know whether to resit Chem 4 or not. I got 108, so just scraped an A*, but I wanna try and get an A* overall (only got 48 UMS on ISA). I don't need an A* in Chemistry for my offer, but I was considering reapplying to Cambridge if I get A*A*A*a in August (although this is less likely because I've got an offer from Imperial now).

Plus, if I wanted to apply for graduate schemes when I graduate, I know they look at degrees and A-levels so I figured having the best grades I can get could help a bit if I decided on that.

I'm just a bit concerned about it impacting my revision of the exams I've not taken yet. Also, do Cambridge look down on resits?
Original post by vedderfan94
I need some advice. I don't know whether to resit Chem 4 or not. I got 108, so just scraped an A*, but I wanna try and get an A* overall (only got 48 UMS on ISA). I don't need an A* in Chemistry for my offer, but I was considering reapplying to Cambridge if I get A*A*A*a in August (although this is less likely because I've got an offer from Imperial now).

Plus, if I wanted to apply for graduate schemes when I graduate, I know they look at degrees and A-levels so I figured having the best grades I can get could help a bit if I decided on that.

I'm just a bit concerned about it impacting my revision of the exams I've not taken yet. Also, do Cambridge look down on resits?

Focus on unit 5 and nail it! I don't think Cambridge likes people who resat especially an A2 exam! But I could be wrong.
Reply 1583
107 ums :smile: i made silly errors so was pretty happy with it. I just need to make sure i smash both the isa and chem5 !

Well unit 5 is not that bad in terms of content, it's more of a review of the calculations of CHEM2 and a bit extra. CHEM4 is pretty big!

Although CHEM5 will probably be your last exam, and the last week cramming is essential. CHEM5 is a lot about memorises stuff + Maths + some similarities of CHEM2/CHEM1.

Just take a little look at the content in CHEM5 and then make a derision, tbh I think you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 1585
95 ums (b) what would i need for an a? or a*<(not going to get it but i still sonder)
Original post by chill543
95 ums (b) what would i need for an a? or a*<(not going to get it but i still sonder)

Depends what UMS you got in total at AS level for the A.
Assuming you have and A grade at AS level then youd need 175/180 across the ISA/EMPA and Unit 5 to get an A*.
Reply 1587
no i meant what was the UMS for an a in the unit 4 exam?
Original post by chill543
no i meant what was the UMS for an a in the unit 4 exam?

Oh right sorry.
A=96/120
A*=108/120

Just 1 mark off an A!
I was 4 ums off an A, thats like 2 or 3 marks right? :angry:
Reply 1590
Original post by Insanity514
Oh right sorry.
A=96/120
A*=108/120

Just 1 mark off an A!

oh my lol i think im going to cry! :wink:
Reply 1591
Original post by m1a1tank
I was 4 ums off an A, thats like 2 or 3 marks right? :angry:

i feel your pain, i was 1 UMS of :eek:
75 UMS. yay.
Original post by aljabiraa
75 UMS. yay.

Sarcasm?
Reply 1594

Is there any chance of posting up the aqa chem 2 jan 2012 markscheme, thankyou would be much appreciated!
Here:

You're awesome!

sucks I am not allowed to +rep you no more :angry:
has anyone here done the ISA yet? the observation one
ughh, i got a U loool gonan resit, my isa is next monday haha
Original post by SoftMusk
ughh, i got a U loool gonan resit, my isa is next monday haha

Aw :hugs:. Well you're going to get an A! You planning on resisting chem4 in June then? :smile: I sense a revision sesh if you are :colone:!

Oh ISA! I am also resittig that! Need near full marks in that :cry2:. Is this the 'second' A2 ISA? One based around CHEM5? :smile: -Think I am penciled in for that one :colone:
Has anyone done the A2 ISA, i think it is a titration one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending