The Student Room Group

11th January 2012 - 6BIO1 - edexcel biology unit 1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 781
Original post by aqua05
I think it was quite high!

yea 58 was an A and 54 was a B! I just did the paper and got 63!! Hopefully this can pay off tomorrow!! Heres hoping!
Reply 782
Original post by aqua05
Really..!
I always dread the protein questions :frown:

Trust me so do I!! I hate that question they always throw it in!!
Reply 783
Pedigree Diagrams didnt come up at all last year so I'm sure they'll be on out paper tomorrow!
Reply 784
Original post by A_TVDx
Pedigree Diagrams didnt come up at all last year so I'm sure they'll be on out paper tomorrow!

love pedigree :wink::wink:
Reply 785
Original post by A_TVDx

Remind me what was a pedigree diagram? I cannot remember.
Reply 786
Original post by A_TVDx

hope so! they're the easiest bit about this unit, pretty much gcse! love punnett squares haha! anything else you think will be on there? hope there's not too much on fluid mosaic model or regulating water in the mucus but i think i could cope if there was, just might drop a couple on the mucus
Reply 787
Daphnia practical didnt come up either!! I hopehopehope that one comes up!!!
Reply 788
Original post by Alex Dom
Remind me what was a pedigree diagram? I cannot remember.

the one with circles and squares all about genentic diseases in families!!
Reply 789
Original post by 2006019
hope so! they're the easiest bit about this unit, pretty much gcse! love punnett squares haha! anything else you think will be on there? hope there's not too much on fluid mosaic model or regulating water in the mucus but i think i could cope if there was, just might drop a couple on the mucus

i hate fluid mosaic model!! mucus im ok with!
Reply 790
In may protein synthesis didnt come up either and neither did HDLs and LDLs and atherosclerosis and blood vessels!!
Reply 791
Can someone please explain to me open and closed circualtory systems and reasons for them and why daphnia need a heart and circulatory system? Thanks
Reply 792
Original post by A_TVDx
In may protein synthesis didnt come up either and neither did HDLs and LDLs and atherosclerosis and blood vessels!!

study gaseous exchange
Reply 793
Original post by A_TVDx

pretty sure in may there was something on transcription, nothing on translation though :smile:
Reply 794
OMYDAYSSSS dont quote me on any of that ive been looking at the 2010 past paper fmlll!! can someone tell me what didnt come up last year in May? SOrrryy!!
Reply 795
Original post by A_TVDx

just remembered there was a small bit on pedigree diagrams, multiple choice at the start i think though!
Reply 796
Original post by A_TVDx
Can someone please explain to me open and closed circualtory systems and reasons for them and why daphnia need a heart and circulatory system? Thanks

Open circulatory systems,
They are always small organisms since diffusion is enough to transport oxygen and nutrients to their cells. Also you must say that the blood goes back to the heart by diffusion.

Closed circulatory system,
This is a more efficient method of transportation. This can be single (fish) or double (humans). You must mention gas exchange, volume to surface area ratio aswell.

The daphnia question is already ansered in the open cirulatory system.
Reply 797
Original post by Alex Dom
Open circulatory systems,
They are always small organisms since diffusion is enough to transport oxygen and nutrients to their cells. Also you must say that the blood goes back to the heart by diffusion.

Closed circulatory system,
This is a more efficient method of transportation. This can be single (fish) or double (humans). You must mention gas exchange, volume to surface area ratio aswell.

The daphnia question is already ansered in the open cirulatory system.

thankss!!
Reply 798
Would anyone like to explain the roles of codons and anticodons in the translation process please :smile:?
Reply 799
Original post by Spunky_Monkey
Haha may not be similar but its definitely harder. The thing I hate about Biology is that you can't get credited for extra knowledge which I think is ridiculous, surely if its relevant there should be at least some capacity for extra marks. It contrasts so much to my other two A2's - economics and politics - where in the essays i can throw in all the additional theories etc that i know.

totally agree. I sucked at bio in my first year cos I knew massively intricate things but I didn't answer the question how it was meant to be answered...

then suddenly got into medicine where it was all about knowing that intricate stuff, knowing more than you're meant to know and pushing the boundaries. trust me medicine is AMAZING. it's the best course you could ever do. let's not get started on that :P all i'll say is i hated bio but i love medicine - don't assume you've got to like bio to like medicine.

Can I just say your name (spunky monkey) is just awesome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending