The Student Room Group

Advantages and disadvantages of interpretation rules

I'm talking about statutory interpretation section for my upcoming AS level exam in January.
I was wondering whether they ever ask you to state JUST the advantages OR disadvantages for ONE rule? For example: What are the disadvantages of the literal rule? OR - What is the advantages of the golden rule? It is a 10 mark question and as far as I know, there aren't enough advantages or disadvantages for each rule to get all 10 marks.
I looked at 4 different past papers and I noticed that they never asked a question like that, instead it'd always ask the advantages AND disadvantages for a rule, OR the advantage (or disadvantage) of TWO rules.
Original post by Newbez
I'm talking about statutory interpretation section for my upcoming AS level exam in January.
I was wondering whether they ever ask you to state JUST the advantages OR disadvantages for ONE rule? For example: What are the disadvantages of the literal rule? OR - What is the advantages of the golden rule? It is a 10 mark question and as far as I know, there aren't enough advantages or disadvantages for each rule to get all 10 marks.
I looked at 4 different past papers and I noticed that they never asked a question like that, instead it'd always ask the advantages AND disadvantages for a rule, OR the advantage (or disadvantage) of TWO rules.

Past papers are generally a good thing to go on, and therefore it could be safe to assume that they will follow a similar format to fill those 10 marks. I also remember my AS exam being of a similar nature, of both advantages and disadvantages. Good luck all the same :smile: I love statutory interpretation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending