The Student Room Group

How to get a A* in a level business

Hi, im in year 12 and am doing edexcel business studies a level, what is the best tips to achieve an A* and what is the best structure for 20 markers, 12 markers as I feel that's my worst
Reply 1
The best I can offer is to print out or download different past papers and answer them the best you can. Then download the answers and critically self mark the papers. See where you need improving on ,make notes and redo the papers until you're confident and go over the parts you're answering correct just so you don't forget anything.
Past papers with answers can also help you see which structures to follow.
You can usually find real past papers on the exam board website. Make sure you stick to the exam board you're taking as edexcel is known to be harder than aqa and ocr.

Buy some edexcel revision and question books as these can guide you on how to answer and structure questions
I'm not sure this is right but this is how I structure my 20 markers:
e.g. Evaluate these two options...

option 1:
definition
advantage (try to find two) - application (apply to business using evidence from source)
disadvantage - application
(when writing application try to use MOPS: m - market, o - objective, p - product, s - situation)

option 2:
definition
advantage - application

conclusion:
for conclusion try to use AJIM: a - answer the question, j - justify, i - it depends on, m - most important

Hope this helps!
Original post by ticktackkitkat
I'm not sure this is right but this is how I structure my 20 markers:
e.g. Evaluate these two options...
option 1:
definition
advantage (try to find two) - application (apply to business using evidence from source)
(when writing application try to use MOPS: m - market, o - objective, p - product, s - situation)
option 2:
definition
advantage - application
conclusion:
for conclusion try to use AJIM: a - answer the question, j - justify, i - it depends on, m - most important
Hope this helps!

ive always didnt understand how to apply MOPS, how do you do it?

Quick Reply

Latest