The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
lol at this thread right now.

Off to bed.
Original post by Jingers
I ****ed around and got a 2:2 in my first year and now I'm now the deadlines are coming up, but there's a lot of work I need to do too smh.

I applied to SEO London but I haven't heard anything back yet, but if I'm alright with that then I get my application sent to a few firms.

If you're looking for commercial firms, I highly recommend the SEO London corporate law application system.

i'll keep that in mind. If you're using that system, you only have to send off one application right?
I used to mess with ed sheeran before he got famous when he did a segment for sbtv so I wont stop listening to him now hes famous. Used to love this song as it was a cover of my favourite tune to blaze to.

is a cover of

Original post by LawYah
only way he's gonna have a good year is going on westwood and getting some exposure lol. Its funny how that raw UKHH from early 2000s is pretty much dead but this new wave of (pretty sick) Grime/rap combination we're seeing from people like Wretch and Pro green is so popular now.

I remember seeing Kyza on westwood with Wretch, and all the comments were like "whos kyza? some new guy?" when he probably started rappin before wretch even picked a pen up

at least klash is back..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwwYhkSExck

loool looks like he's with some NF goons

I think he's got a much better chance being aired by Charlie Sloth
But hey- He's one of the 30 something people that Ricky Gervais follows

He is in music because he genuinely loves it, but obviously more exposure would be a good thing!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1386
Original post by checkolad
Yeh he's one of the most unique rappers alongside Ghetts. Still SFX is sick to do the beat all with his own beatboxing. Makes ed sheeran look ****.

Not sure if serious when referring to Ghetto

He fell off time ago tbh... Shame, he was top 3
Reply 1387

Lol I read this

I like Lowkey but sometimes it's like he just likes arguing for the sake of it

Lookout for Family Tree and OGs this year, big things!
Original post by zKlown
Lol I read this

I like Lowkey but sometimes it's like he just likes arguing for the sake of it

Lookout for Family Tree and OGs this year, big things!

Yah, he does seem like that.

I think he's a butthole really.
Reply 1389
Original post by Jingers
Yah, he does seem like that.

I think he's a butthole really.

“You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.”
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tomatochuckers
“You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.”

"I'm not tryna silence any critics cos the louder they talk, the prouder I walk."

"I don't got haters, I got doubters, hate's a strong emotion."

I don't have any issues with his opinions. I have issues with him as an artist and his political life that feeds into it. Him as a person? I don't know him.
Reply 1392
Original post by Jingers
"I'm not tryna silence any critics cos the louder they talk, the prouder I walk."

I don't have any issues with his opinions. I have issues with him as an artist and his political life that feeds into it. Him as a person? I don't know him.

His Chipmunk diss (even though I like Chipmunk) >>>

His 140 bars of grime >>>

Can we post grime in here too, most people in this thread have listened to it at some point and it has some links with Hip-Hop really
Original post by zKlown

Can we post grime in here too, most people in this thread have listened to it at some point and it has some links with Hip-Hop really

I feel like if grime weren't posted this thread would die out with the quickness lol.

Nah, I rated his 140 bars and even commented saying that he just **** on the whole scene with that one song, but after listening to what he actually says, I think it's pretty horrible.

I also feel like Chipmunk ****ted on his whole diss with just the line: "**** being low key." It wasn't even a diss but just a shut down.
Original post by Jingers

Lowkey uses his music as a medium to air his views on current affairs, and there is an appreciative audience (a pretty big one considering he gets no views on the TV).

We know what to expect from him- and we are perfectly fine with it.
Original post by zKlown

It would be fine- I think more grime exposure would make me appreciate it more. But I can't be bothered to actively look out for it like I do with Hip-Hop
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Lowkey uses his music as a medium to air his views on current affairs, and there is an appreciative audience (a pretty big one considering he gets no views on the TV).

We know what to expect from him- and we are perfectly fine with it.

I feel like, just how he criticises the state and media for only portraying one side and brainwashing viewers, he does the same.

How many Lowkey fans are there that appreciate him for his views and hold him up as some political god compared to the people who think he's just a good rapper? Everyone answers Lowkey when it comes to 'who's a good rapper?' and it's always due to his content. Do his listeners question his content? Nearly all of them don't; they just like him because he has a view that people haven't seen on TV and just automatically gravitate towards him because a mindset like '**** the system'...
Lowkey was good once, back when he used to make tunes which were about loving one another regardless of the actual subject matter. He was a real humanitarian, he would still write about Palestine, American imperialism etc but he never seemed heavy-handed with it, wished nothing but peace on everyone, approached from both sides. Honestly I think he's gassed off the adoration of his fanbase and being heralded as this great intellectual, and I can't listen to his newest stuff because he doesn't strike me as a humanitarian no more, or as a man of balance, just an ideologue
Original post by JCC-MGS
Lowkey was good once, back when he used to make tunes which were about loving one another regardless of the actual subject matter. He was a real humanitarian, he would still write about Palestine, American imperialism etc but he never seemed heavy-handed with it, wished nothing but peace on everyone, approached from both sides. Honestly I think he's gassed off the adoration of his fanbase and being heralded as this great intellectual, and I can't listen to his newest stuff because he doesn't strike me as a humanitarian no more, or as a man of balance, just an ideologue

QFT
Original post by Jingers
I feel like, just how he criticises the state and media for only portraying one side and brainwashing viewers, he does the same.

How many Lowkey fans are there that appreciate him for his views and hold him up as some political god compared to the people who think he's just a good rapper? Everyone answers Lowkey when it comes to 'who's a good rapper?' and it's always due to his content. Do his listeners question his content? Nearly all of them don't; they just like him because he has a view that people haven't seen on TV and just automatically gravitate towards him because a mindset like '**** the system'...

I think he's an excellent rapper, an all-round one I'd say

And i agree with a lot of his views, but I know some of them are controversial, so I won't go into that- that being said I don't agree with all his views, but I don't have to.

Lowkey just wants to inspire people, he doesn't want to be a political God. He wants what he feels is right.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest