The Student Room Group

What's the best online social network for gays (preferably students) in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PeaceFreak
thegyc was ok but itseems its died a slow and painful death.

No, thegyc is very much alive. It'll be back up and running soon, but is down for maintenance at the moment.
Reply 21
Gaydar? OUTintheUK?
Reply 22
Thanks for the sites.

Original post by Darth Stewie
Big ones like Match.com and eHarmony have options for man seeking man, those would probably be your best bet.

Thanks, I signed up on Match.com which looks a lot better. Problem is not many people are on it but it's quite good.

Original post by Luxray
Theres an app called Grindr I've heard which is for gay people

I want to get that but it's not available on my phone!

Original post by PatrickD
1. Come out
2. Use Facebook

I realise that, as a gay person who hasn't come out, it's harder for you to find 'like-minded' people but I'd encourage you to use the same social networking methods as heterosexual people. I don't see why having a site specifically for gay people but without being too sexual is necessary/would actually exist.

Sorry if this has come across as rude, I'm not trying to be offensive or put you down but I just think sites dedicated to homosexual social networking may be predominantly sexual and, as you've said, you don't want that. :smile:

But how do straight people use Facebook to meet new people? It's all about talking to people you already know. It's not like a dating site. Don't worry it's not rude :tongue:

Original post by Joey_jo
adding gay people on fb is not a good idea because your friends may find out eventually... unless u add like one or two then i think it wont give u away :wink:
im in the exact same situation as you... but university starts in september 2012 and then hopefully things will get better :biggrin: *good things come to those who wait*

how far are you in your education? uni is a good time to meet other gay people im hoping :smile:

Actually I'm doing my masters now. Uni gay groups were disappointing, it's full of people that are completely obsessed with gay rights and stuff (and there weren't many men there anyway) so it wasn't exactly the sort of scene I want :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 23
Mypinkpal.com is a new and clean Gay and Lesbian social network, which plans on alpha launch by August 2015. They still have a few glitches, and servers are abit slow at present, but are planning on having free video and audio chat for all users. Interesting, so looking forward to it, as they do not tolerate profanity or indecency. I think they are working on creating a stronger pledge to LGBT ethnic diversity!
Original post by PinkUser
Mypinkpal.com is a new and clean Gay and Lesbian social network, which plans on alpha launch by August 2015. They still have a few glitches, and servers are abit slow at present, but are planning on having free video and audio chat for all users. Interesting, so looking forward to it, as they do not tolerate profanity or indecency. I think they are working on creating a stronger pledge to LGBT ethnic diversity!

Seems like advertising !
OUTeverywhere.com
grindr

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending