The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Unit 2 (B2) 24 January 2012 exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Blashnet

Are you taking chemistry unit one on thursday? :smile:

Yeah, and physics the following Monday :smile: I'm okay with biology, it's chemistry and physics I'm worried about!
Reply 21
If anyone has any last minute revision questions, post them here as it'll also test us all and we're all helping each other! ;D
Reply 22
Original post by Zigggyy.
If anyone has any last minute revision questions, post them here as it'll also test us all and we're all helping each other! ;D

1) What is hydrodgenation?
2) What is formed when you heat up Calcium Carbonate?
3) Crude oil can be heated and separated into different fractions, what is this process called?
4) What is an alloy?
5) What is the inner core of the earth made from?
6) What are E-Numbers?

Hope they help you :biggrin:
Reply 23

1) What is hydrodgenation?
2) What is formed when you heat up Calcium Carbonate?
3) Crude oil can be heated and separated into different fractions, what is this process called?
4) What is an alloy?
5) What is the inner core of the earth made from?
6) What are E-Numbers?

Hope they help you :biggrin:

Oh whoops! *facepalm* I'm not retaking Unit 1(': just doing Unit 2 aha, sorry! But thank you! ;D xx
Reply 24
I don't understand the concept of 'surface area' /: ? It's probably something quite simple, but could someone explain that to me please :3
Reply 25
http://http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp-ms/AQA-BLY2H-W-QP-JUN10.PDF

IMO, hardest paper I've seen for B2. A real challenge once you think you have completed your revision.

On a side note, when marking your own answers I'd strongly advise filling in the correct answer and making sure you understand why that is the answer.
Reply 26
Oh whoops! *facepalm* I'm not retaking Unit 1(': just doing Unit 2 aha, sorry! But thank you! ;D xx

oh. Haha :P x
Reply 27
Original post by Leelad

Original post by Leelad
http://http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp-ms/AQA-BLY2H-W-QP-JUN10.PDF

IMO, hardest paper I've seen for B2. A real challenge once you think you have completed your revision.

On a side note, when marking your own answers I'd strongly advise filling in the correct answer and making sure you understand why that is the answer.

I didnt mind this paper, I think June 09 was my worst /:
Reply 28
I didnt mind this paper, I think June 09 was my worst /:

That one was tricky as well. I got my lowest scores in that one and the one I posted, but both are good measures of how well you're revising :smile:

So what kind of scores are people getting in past papers? I'm averaging probably around 27 so far. Which amazingly is an A in some papers :biggrin: we did a paper in class and, no word of a lie, you needed 26 yes, 26, to get an A* xD
Reply 29
Original post by Leelad

Original post by Leelad
That one was tricky as well. I got my lowest scores in that one and the one I posted, but both are good measures of how well you're revising :smile:

So what kind of scores are people getting in past papers? I'm averaging probably around 27 so far. Which amazingly is an A in some papers :biggrin: we did a paper in class and, no word of a lie, you needed 26 yes, 26, to get an A* xD

I quite like the low grade boundaries ;D My lowest was 34 and highest 42 so it's fairly varied, average of about 36 which I'm happy with :3
Reply 30
In the Jan10 paper, can someone explain question 4a please :smile:
Ohgod I talk so much. :colondollar:
Reply 31
The hardest one was June 2011. I did this myself and got 18 which is a B 70 UMS.
Im in sixth form and doing AS Biology so this should be p**s easy :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by h0110

Original post by h0110
The hardest one was June 2011. I did this myself and got 18 which is a B 70 UMS.
Im in sixth form and doing AS Biology so this should be p**s easy :smile:

Have you got a copy of this paper? I can't find it ):
Reply 33
Here you go :smile:
It's pretty hard in my opinion
Reply 34
Original post by h0110
Here you go :smile:
It's pretty hard in my opinion

Thank you so much!
Reply 35
Doing B2 tommorow, then C2 on Thursday and P2 on Monday :smile:

Goodluck those doing B2, I'm probably going to read LOTR now :biggrin:
Reply 36
Hope everyone is doing ok with the night time revision! :smile:

I really hope enzyme questions come up late on in the paper, nice easy few marks. No carbon cycle or decay though please

Just completed the last paper, now for a break and then a quick look back over everything. Anyone getting up early tomorrow?
(edited 12 years ago)
hey peeps

just wanted to ask I did all the past exam papers for B2 and B3 (triple science) biology and i mostly got 35/38/41 which are surpisingly A*'s .. I mean we can get straight A*'s with loosing bloody 10 marks? :OO Is it really true? :O
Reply 38
Original post by Noor Tanveer
hey peeps

just wanted to ask I did all the past exam papers for B2 and B3 (triple science) biology and i mostly got 35/38/41 which are surpisingly A*'s .. I mean we can get straight A*'s with loosing bloody 10 marks? :OO Is it really true? :O

Depending on the difficulty of the paper, you can afford to lose even more than that. Their really lenient with B2 and I don't know if you saw my post earlier but we did a paper were you only needed 26 for an A* :biggrin:
Original post by Leelad
Depending on the difficulty of the paper, you can afford to lose even more than that. Their really lenient with B2 and I don't know if you saw my post earlier but we did a paper were you only needed 26 for an A* :biggrin:

nope i didn't :tongue: but thankyouuu :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending