The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Unit 2 (B2) 24 January 2012 exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

>.<
Was the last question on stem cells asking for you to answer about both or just one. Because the question did say OR.

Also has anyone got the unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 382
Really really hope that they have really low grade boundaries :/ Do we find out the grade boundaries on results day or the day before?
The last question did you need to evaluate both ways of embyro screening because I just said about the advantages and disadvantages of embryo screening in general I talked about both ways in advantages and disadvantages but overall I spoke in general.
Reply 384
Original post by matty123

Grass respires, and heat is a product of respiration.

Yes, you are right. It just seemed bizarre...
Reply 385
this exam was hard!!
Reply 386
so angry at AQA for this paper, it was nothing like the past papers and too much like the new specification papers!! it had none of the usual things, mendel, punnter squares, or enough about photosynthesis. i messed up so badly, had the horrible experience of realising all of my mistakes in a class discussion! just hope to god that the grade boundaries are low! :frown:
Reply 387
Original post by Zigggyy.
ohmygod. Worst biology paper ever. Jesus Christ.
Who noticed the grammar error? (':

I totally did! Ugh, it was bugging me the whole time. (sad)
Reply 388
Original post by letsbehonest
When I saw 'or' I instantly got happier because I only knew about embryonic stem cells. So i just decided to do embryonic stem cells. I don't know but it said OR in the bit before the question. The question simply said evaluate.

Ohmygod, I was in a rush for the last question, and I evaluated it - but all of it - bone marrow and stem cells together. Did they definitely say it was one or the other? Will I get marked down for writing about both?
Reply 389
Original post by ClarkyC...
Was the last question on stem cells asking for you to answer about both or just one. Because the question did say OR.

Also has anyone got the unofficial mark scheme?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1903573 there :biggrin:
Reply 390
Original post by vindicta
Ohmygod, I was in a rush for the last question, and I evaluated it - but all of it - bone marrow and stem cells together. Did they definitely say it was one or the other? Will I get marked down for writing about both?

Same I wrote about both of them too :P

People are saying you were supposed to write about all of it. AAAH idk, it wasn't that specific.
For the other ways without drugs to prevent diabetes or whatever the question was:

definately:
-Diet- less carbs/starch
-Pancreas transplant

Do you think they'd allow excercise?
Reply 393
Why did we have to get the worst exam of the whole series so far?
what did people put for the crushed apple/ juice question?
I totally did! Ugh, it was bugging me the whole time. (sad)

What grammar error? :K:
Really really hope that they have really low grade boundaries :/ Do we find out the grade boundaries on results day or the day before?

day before- AQA are good in that way
Reply 397
Grass respires, and heat is a product of respiration.

Therefore the answer was heat? I hope so, because that's what I put. :tongue:

I'm so glad I signed up here earlier today; it's put my mind at ease! I was stressing so bad after the exam this morning because I was shocked by its difficulty. Coming on here and seeing 67% of voters say the paper was hard is a relief, and we all seemed to struggle on the same bits, more or less. It's just comforting to know I wasn't the only one feeling like this after the exam: :unimpressed:

I just can't understand how questions like number 7 were ever approved. Did they seriously think students studying GCSE Biology would really know much about that stuff? Some of you guys don't even seem to think it's on the syllabus which is a massive concern. It must have been though, in some way or shape. AQA wouldn't be able to put something off the syllabus on there. I'm wondering how many people got the marks on that question around the country.

I can't wait to see the examiner's report, except, it could be a while. The AQA website says the report for GCSE examinations taken in January won't be available on their website until October. :banghead:
Reply 398
I revised my a** off for this exam, I knew anything and everything that was in the cgp revision guide. Ask me about enzymes/pummet squares/Glucose...I knew it all! If only the exam was like label the cells, mention fuctions and had factual questions rather than experiments and How science works, I would have been fine. I found it really difficult, hopefully the Chemistry on Thursday will be better :frown:
Reply 399
What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending