The Student Room Group

AQA A2 BIOL5 22nd June 2012

guys i know its too early to start with unit 5 but yeah am off to chapter 14, hopefully i finish this by tomorrow, and then do questions at the end of the chapter.
i'll post notes, essays and relevant websites on BIOL5 :smile:
this site have good bio notes --> http://www.heckgrammar.kirklees.sch.uk/index.php?p=10312
How to Write an outstanding Bio Essay.
-plan->write bullet points
-expand your points using spider diagrams or any method that is suitable.
-detail your essay, go as deep as you can, write all key words you can remember
-make sure you include all the 3 kingdoms, plant animal & bacteria
-keep to the point always don't waffle.

People say these notes are really good, have a look --> http://vbio.weebly.com/a2-level.html

Biology Exam Questions by Topic, practice them --> http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/

BIOLOGY TUITION AVAILABLE FROM £9/CLASS In Manchester.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have you started already??? We haven't even started it in college yet
Reply 2
we didnt start as well, but dont worry chapter 14 is most unit 2 stuff
Reply 3
Thanks for making the thread! We've started the topics 14 and 9 already.

Seems quite interesting so far. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hi all! Officially starting unit 5 tomorrow. (if i sound excited don't be fooled, im actually freaked out!) Hope its not too hard :|

Ooh does anyone have or know where to get the June 2011 paper + mark scheme?
Reply 5
Original post by ALevelGirl
Hi all! Officially starting unit 5 tomorrow. (if i sound excited don't be fooled, im actually freaked out!) Hope its not too hard :|

Ooh does anyone have or know where to get the June 2011 paper + mark scheme?

unit 5 makes more sense than unit 4, you'll like it. i'll post the paper soon l get hold of it.
Reply 6
Original post by al_habib
unit 5 makes more sense than unit 4, you'll like it. i'll post the paper soon l get hold of it.

Yay! Thanks for the positiveness :smile: took me ages to fully understand unit 4 so feeling more confident about unit 5 now.

Gunna organise myself better this time and work/make notes as im going along :smile:

Thanks, and the mark scheme too please :smile:
Reply 7
I like unit 5 too so far. Doesn't seem too complicated. I did not enjoy unit 4! its scary to think that the next exam will be on everything that we covered in a-level biology..
Reply 8
Finally some human biology!
Reply 9
Original post by Drex

<<< this!! after drowning in a sea of ecology, its nice to get to the human stuff!
Reply 10
same here i had an essay on the importance of microorganism we'll hand on 6th feb no idea at all and i have isa for chem 6 tomorrow, what is the title of your essay?
Reply 11
We've covered 3.5.1 and 3.5.6, just started on 3.5.2 today :smile: Proper biology at last!
Reply 12

I hate unit 5 soooo hard
Reply 13
Anyone got any tips on how to write/structure the essay? Did one yesterday and it was excruciating.
Reply 14
Need help with the RNA stuff omg I hate this unit soo much
Original post by Drex

:woo:

:party:

Ecology and Unit 4 in general (apart from respiration and photosynthesis :biggrin:) killed me on the inside minute by minute

:getmecoat:
Original post by ned6494
Need help with the RNA stuff omg I hate this unit soo much

What do you need help with? :redface:

I was supposed to do an essay (1000 words) on the ethics of using animals for recombinant DNA technology, and ended up writing 1100 words on Diabetes and insulin :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Everything, we've just started BIOL5 and I can't get my head round any of it. And I don't really revise it at home as I want to do a french and history degree, so I concentrate on those subjects and leave bio out, but I need a B.
Ah really need to step on this now, not that much time left for Biology :frown: (Because the content is so long)
Reply 19
we just finished unit 5 and i hate chapter 16, it makes no sense

Quick Reply