The Student Room Group

AQA A2 BIOL5 22nd June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by salad_fingers
Hardcore biochemistry!

Wish I'd applied for biochemistry now. For off-spec it's all about ribozymes though.

RNA molecules that catalyse reactions like enzymes :eek:
Reply 1781
Original post by TheDeviant
Wish I'd applied for biochemistry now. For off-spec it's all about ribozymes though.

RNA molecules that catalyse reactions like enzymes :eek:

What did you apply too?
Original post by . .
What did you apply too?

Medicine. I'm really interested in the science though, s'all about research... Biochemistry is ridiculously interesting on a molecular level!
Reply 1783
anyone know how to answer ' how bacteria affect human lives?'
thanks
would anyone be kind enough to send me their essay plans on ATP or proteins or any essay in that matter? just so i can have a look, im really worried about the essay! i would appreciate it soooo much! thank you in advance! :smile:
Original post by xXACEXx
Well in order to write a good essay I'm concentrating on a few essays because there is just too much content too remember.

ATP and Proteins have not come up for a long time so I hope they come up.
Also just going through variation. Doubt enzymes will come up as it was in the June 2008 paper.

So you dont think the last four questions could up then? I think as theres only been two papers of this spec its two early for them to repeat. But they would probrably bring in anything from the old spec so enzymes could may well come up again.
Original post by bethkj
Which essay titles have you guys revised for?
I've done proteins, ATP and inorganic ions so far

please if you dont mind could u send me your essay plans for proteins and ATP, thats if theyr on your computer and its not too much trouble, im just really worried to see if mine is ok because i missed loads of time off college so i never went through how to structure essays with my teacher. sorry to be cheeky haha :smile: xx
Original post by Jessica_94
would anyone be kind enough to send me their essay plans on ATP or proteins or any essay in that matter? just so i can have a look, im really worried about the essay! i would appreciate it soooo much! thank you in advance! :smile:

My essays ''plans'' atm only consist of looking at what content mark schemes say should be in a particular essay. A lot of essay questions seem to me to be about the same ''topic'' - just worded differently. So alot of the things that are in the mark scheme for question will probrably be in the mark scheme for another question provided both questions are on the same ''topic'' (give or take a few things) I've just looked through mark schemes to see which topics to learn :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1788
would saproytes use ATP to absorb the products of extracellular digestion??

anyone wanna enlighten me thankss :smile: !!
Reply 1789
Original post by Jessica_94
please if you dont mind could u send me your essay plans for proteins and ATP, thats if theyr on your computer and its not too much trouble, im just really worried to see if mine is ok because i missed loads of time off college so i never went through how to structure essays with my teacher. sorry to be cheeky haha :smile: xx

ATP -
characteristics/stucture of ATP (like soluble, immediate energy source etc.)
production in ETS in respiration
production and use in photosynthesis in glycolysis
production in anaerobic respiration

This is all i can think of and its all mainly biol4 stuff :s-smilie:

Proteins -
structure (tertiary structure, amino acids etc.) peptide bonds
transfer proteins - protein channels, facilitated diffusion, carrier proteins
protein synthesis - transcription, translation, polypeptide chains

Sorry they are quite basic,:frown: someone posted this link earlier:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/94660197/Synoptic-Essay-Plans
which has more detailed essay plans!

EDIT --
I also missed loads of college at the end of term and ended up having to try and teach myself gene technology stuff!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1790
will kiss my exam paper if ATP/ proteins or inorganic ions come up!!
Reply 1791
Original post by dc2012

Same! Especially if its inorganic ions
Reply 1792
I accidently pressed backspace so here's another scriblink for revision :P

http://www.scriblink.com/index.jsp?act=phome&roomid=236&KEY=69A1CDFF925DD7F9D3F78063A7B7B97A
Reply 1793
I'm going to grab this exam by the balls and destroy it.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Explorer A310e
Original post by bethkj
ATP -
characteristics/stucture of ATP (like soluble, immediate energy source etc.)
production in ETS in respiration
production and use in photosynthesis in glycolysis
production in anaerobic respiration

This is all i can think of and its all mainly biol4 stuff :s-smilie:

Proteins -
structure (tertiary structure, amino acids etc.) peptide bonds
transfer proteins - protein channels, facilitated diffusion, carrier proteins
protein synthesis - transcription, translation, polypeptide chains

Sorry they are quite basic,:frown: someone posted this link earlier:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/94660197/Synoptic-Essay-Plans
which has more detailed essay plans!

EDIT --
I also missed loads of college at the end of term and ended up having to try and teach myself gene technology stuff!

Thankyou!! helped me alot, i didnt think of proteins and stuff! im gonna try do an essay plan now, im dreading this exam! and omg i find gene technology so hard aswell especially gel electrophoresis and all that crap
Original post by dc2012

inorganic ions? ahhh i would run out of the exam. what kind of things would we write for that? :confused:
Tomorrow is going to be a long day for me.
Original post by swiftylol
Tomorrow is going to be a long day for me.

I feel that.
Ions..ATP...Transfer of energy...Proteins <-- topics most likely to come up right?
I've revised well for unit 5, and I'm sure I'll be okay if there's an essay on that, but seriously, how do you all manage to remember things so well from old units? :frown: I can write like a few sentences on any topic, but not really in-depth detail, let alone information from beyond the syllabus. :frown: What ways are you guys using to help you revise the old stuff? I'm really worried that I'll go blank as soon as I see the essay questions. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending