The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

IIRC, DS is known for being ban-hammer happy.
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
I'm not banned on there (although haven't posted on it for years) but after reading a few threads in their tech sections I feel like logging in to give some of those people the education they really, REALLY need.

Don't be too harsh on there though - otherwise you may get banned!
I've now returned, so mine wasn't long. Still pissed me off though.

If I get banned for 7 days or more then duplicate accounts are on the line-up. :smile:
Digital Spy are nutcases! :mad:

I have just been banned for 7 days, thanks to "baiting". However I have not baited anyone on the board. You can check my posts, but I have not baited anyone. (My current username is the same as this one on TSR.)

I will now be emailing them, asking what posts were baiting other users (I certainly haven't found them!) and I will be making several puppet accounts if they do not provide a good reason for the ban, and don't release me before the 7 days.

Hi,

Please note that when using Digital Spy you agree to our community guidelines of use. Paragraph 2.18 of these conditions requires that you do not post material that is deliberately intended to upset other users.

A number of your recent remarks appear to be designed to bait and/or wind up another user. This violates the above condition of use and disrupts the flow of constructive discussion on our forums.

Your posting privileges have been revoked for 7 days. Any subsequent violations of our Terms and Conditions, including re-registration attempts during this temporary ban, will result in your posting privileges being permanently terminated.

Ridiculous :mad:
Original post by Chloe xxx
I have been banned from Digital Spy for no reason other than I have apparently been banned before (which is rubbish, I've only had one account!).

I've broke no rules or T&C whatsoever but am under the impression I was banned because of in-posse posters accusing me of being another user!

I sent them this email:

Dear Digital Spy,

I have received an email saying I have previously been banned from the site when this isnt true in the slightest, I havnt broken any forum rules yet have still been banned and not given a proper reason why. The only reason I can think is that you take the opinion of forum members who presumed I was another poster as fact and have banned me for this reason. What is the point in having a discussion forum when you block posters for no reason at all? I'll be taking this matter further as I have heard from other web users you have banned them for ridiculous reasons also which arn't against the forum rules. My guessing is that you have a few posters whom you take every word they say as gospel and ban any member who differs in opinion to them. Its no wonder you have so many posters trolling your forum and baiting and accusing other FMs. As a forum I find your service a disgrace and will be advising others looking for a debate to go elsewhere as you are biased towards certain FMs and dont give new ones a chance without banning them, for the simple reason other FMs are accusing them of being another poster. I'd like you to get back to me on this matter at

Yours,

Has anyone else been unduly banned from DS? Using the forum is akin to walking on eggshells!! :rolleyes:

Those nice mods on there have now banned me for a week, because apparently I was baiting other users!
Unfortunately I hadn't been baiting at all, so another unfair ban. How long will I last before I get permabanned, and will be forced to make another account?
Oh lovely. My puppet got permanently banned, after just 2 days of use!

However the person who's account it was (they made an account for me and then gave me the login details) has never made a digital spy account before in their whole lifetime!
How ridiculous!
Reply 25
what is the digital spy forums? like what do you discuss there?
Reply 26
Seriously, how do people manage to get banned from DS? I have been a member since 2008 or 2009 or something, and have never received as much as a warning... they're quite easygoing on there.

Original post by Bassetts
what is the digital spy forums? like what do you discuss there?

All sorts of things, really. TV shows, movies, music, technology, politics, and in the general discussion area it can be anything and everything, apart from Madeleine McCann for some reason.

If you ever have a peek, I'd stay clear from Showbiz and Politics, because the posters there are a bit obsessive.
I do not know - but I believe that some nice person from the Radio forum has reported one of my posts. Therefore, I get a 7 day ban. Nice! :rolleyes:
Reply 28
So, if someone uses the same Network as I do....
My brother or whoever, I shall be banned for it? Since we have the same IP address?
Original post by Hellcat12
So, if someone uses the same Network as I do....
My brother or whoever, I shall be banned for it? Since we have the same IP address?

Seems like it, as one of my friends created a DS account recently. Since I got a 7 day ban (for nothing) she let me temporarily use her account. I was posting in a totally different style on both accounts - however since they were both on the University's IP, they both get permanently terminated for "multiple accounts".

Now I have to send an email to DS, explaining all of this, and asking for my account back, as well as my friends! Pathetic DS!
Reply 30
Original post by spotify95
Seems like it, as one of my friends created a DS account recently. Since I got a 7 day ban (for nothing) she let me temporarily use her account. I was posting in a totally different style on both accounts - however since they were both on the University's IP, they both get permanently terminated for "multiple accounts".

Now I have to send an email to DS, explaining all of this, and asking for my account back, as well as my friends! Pathetic DS!

That's so unfair....

i have my bro using TSR, not these days since he is busy.
and another guy in my house who is my bro's friend...

that's ridiculous
That's so unfair....

i have my bro using TSR, not these days since he is busy.
and another guy in my house who is my bro's friend...

that's ridiculous

I know, tell me about it. I have now sent them an email regarding why my ban has increased in length from 7 days to "Never", because I have not received an email or anything as to why I have been permabanned!
Reply 32
I know, tell me about it. I have now sent them an email regarding why my ban has increased in length from 7 days to "Never", because I have not received an email or anything as to why I have been permabanned!

So, which member were you before this?
So, which member were you before this?

My original username as spotify95
Then got banned for 48 hours - no new account
Then got banned for 7 days
-New account created by a friend of mine - User: lunchables
Then 2 days later, Lunchables gets permanently terminated (via email)
The next day a check up is made on spotify95 - turns out to be permanently terminated (no email was sent saying this)

Next steps: to clarify that the IP used was a joint IP (university) so that anyone could log on there (hence why tracking IPs is no good)
Result: 1) One or more of the originals gets released - no further action
2) Both accounts remain terminated - Plan C released in the form of a 2nd puppet. Who knows what will happen after the 2nd puppet? :biggrin:

Here is the reason for why my main account was banned:

DS Forum Support
Hi,

Thanks for the message. As per our original email:

"Any subsequent violations of our Terms and Conditions, including re-registration attempts during this temporary ban, will result in your posting privileges being permanently terminated."

Our records indicate that you have since re-registered, so both accounts have been permanently banned in accordance with our multiple accounts rule.

DS
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheGoldenRatio

Can you use the VPN connection tools that are already within the network options on windows 7 control panel?
Original post by TheGoldenRatio

Can you please recommend one for me (it must be free) so I can sign up again? :smile:
Reply 37
Trolling on Digital Spy is so satisfying :grin:
Currently under the name "Chew_Kok"
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Roryyb
Trolling on Digital Spy is so satisfying :grin:
Currently under the name "Chew_Kok"

I haven't even got a DS account to use - because my account got permanently banned for "duplicate accounts" - also my friend's account got permabanned as well :eek: :mad:
Can you please recommend one for me (it must be free) so I can sign up again? :smile:

free vpn are rubbish, i recommend ibvpn or cyberghost if you want to pay if not then just download ULTRASURF and use that!

Latest

Trending

Trending