The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F215 Control, Genomes and Environment Fri 15 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Just-Some-Guy
Thank you :biggrin: And I shall have to go and buy some chocolate digestives now.........OM NOM NOM!.

Aha sounds like a plan! I think I have some in the cupboard :biggrin: Also, try plain digestives and Philadelphia cheese, sounds horrible but it's really nice in a weird way x)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Well I think that depends on you personally?? But if you apply some logic, 68% is pretty low. That's answering 3-4 out of every 5 questions to get an A, plus that's not including what you already have from other tests. For example for me to get a 1st on Wednesday I need 55% in the exam because of other work :smile:

Work hard for a little while, stay up really late, cram all you need to. People advise against it all the time, but were young and quite capable of pushing ourselves; you have all of summer to relax, whats a few days of hard work beforehand???

Know your own limits, not have limits forced on you and have something that makes you happy now and then.....tea and digestives are mine (not that digestives are the best, that's a poor favorite biscuit to have, I just have them around exams)

MY GOD I SOUND OLD.

You would reccomend staying up really late working over a good night's sleep when revising? I find I can't function properly if I haven't slept right :dontknow:
Original post by ashleighlg
I HATE the seal question! :frown:

That seal.........I would feel no pity if a polar bear ripped it to pieces......

Original post by bagelbe
Aha sounds like a plan! I think I have some in the cupboard :biggrin: Also, try plain digestives and Philadelphia cheese, sounds horrible but it's really nice in a weird way x)

*Correction, philadelphia and smoked salmon :biggrin: Like a sir :smile:
I HATE the seal question! :frown:

Where is this "seal question"? :unsure:
Original post by MyselfEtAl
Where is this "seal question"? :unsure:

It's in one of the past papers, erm January 2010 i think, but its on F214, just a horrible question really! but the picture of the seal is cute :3
Original post by bagelbe

I agree about the digestives and Philly! or Cheese triangles! (Y)
Reply 586
I agree about the digestives and Philly! or Cheese triangles! (Y)

Aha yes! Someone else who doesn't think it's weird! :biggrin: And yes cheese squares! Mmmmm...

*Triangles! I meant triangles!!! My bad...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 587
That seal.........I would feel no pity if a polar bear ripped it to pieces......

*Correction, philadelphia and smoked salmon :biggrin: Like a sir :smile:

Aha yes! Philadelphia and smoked salmon... like a sir INDEED :{)
This exam is going to kill me! :/

Fresher 2012 - Birmingham Conservatoire (Music, BMus Hons)
Well thank you :biggrin:

Also, EVERYTHING you will/may/have to know is in the textbook!! Screw the revision guides and everything else. Text book + past papers = winning :biggrin:

I disagree. There are questions I've done in past papers of which the answer to is nowhere to be found in the book, and merely wants you to 'think' about the question.
There aren't that many questions on muscles...
If anyone wants to revise through MSN, private message me with your email address :smile:
Original post by andrewpeters
I disagree. There are questions I've done in past papers of which the answer to is nowhere to be found in the book, and merely wants you to 'think' about the question.

Perhaps you misunderstand my statement. The direct answers may not be in the book; however knowing answers alone will not suffice. The principles behind them are the intended learning outcome's, and it's your application of said knowledge to new situations that will be required, otherwise you could literally just know set answers and questions.
When I say learn the book, I mean everything in it (within reason....no-one cares about authors) as well what it means.
for epistasis do we need to learn how to do the genetic diagrams or do we just need to know the ratios /?
Reply 594
Original post by otrivine
for epistasis do we need to learn how to do the genetic diagrams or do we just need to know the ratios /?

We just need to know the ratios;
- Recessive epistasis= 9:3:4
- Dominant epistasis= 12:3:1 or 13:3
- Complmentary= 9:7

:smile:
Original post by Lomas
We just need to know the ratios;
- Recessive epistasis= 9:3:4
- Dominant epistasis= 12:3:1 or 13:3
- Complmentary= 9:7

:smile:

thanks :wink: hey do u want to revise a bit for the first chapter ?
Reply 596
argh just sat a mock (January 2012) and got 26% :frown: serious revision needed
Original post by shyro1000
argh just sat a mock (January 2012) and got 26% :frown: serious revision needed

do you want to revise F215?
What's everyone doing in regards to knowing the stuff that isn't on the spec?
Because we can get questions from previous units!! I've forgotten all this stuff already so does anybody have any advice??
Ie, in one question they asked about first messenger/second messenger of adrenaline in the F215 paper (control, genomes and environment) xx
Reply 599
yeah that'd be great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending