The Student Room Group

Dee’s A*AA Journey

Hey everyone,
Currently not working no where near those grades but I have full faith I can do it. I just have to put more effort in and it will all pay off.
This is my way of keeping myself ACCOUNTABLE.

Biology (A)
Chemistry (A*)
Maths (A) i will go on my knees please.

I will be updating everyday. I got an offer to study from my DREAAMMMM med school so I want to work as hard as possible to secure the offer and not let any of my previous efforts go in vain.

Decided to also get some tutoring in these last few weeks bc I seriously do not want to miss my offer.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Day 1:
I have a test tomorrow on module 6 (OCR A Biology) . All the topics are as following:

Cellular Control (Mod 6)

Patterns of Inheritance (Mod 6)

Manipulating Genomes (Mod 6)

Cloning (Mod 6)

Population + Sustainability (Mod 6)

DNA structure (Mod 2)

Cell Membranes (Mod 2)

Classification + Evolution (Mod 4)

Reply 2
Original post by nex88g
Day 1:
I have a test tomorrow on module 6 (OCR A Biology) . All the topics are as following:

Cellular Control (Mod 6)

Cloning (Mod 6)

DNA structure (Mod 2)

Cell Membranes (Mod 2)

Good luck 👍 I have a bio test tomorrow too
Reply 3
Original post by munalove
Good luck 👍 I have a bio test tomorrow too
Thank you you too. What is yours on?
Reply 4
Original post by nex88g
Thank you you too. What is yours on?

quite a small test

-Haemoglobin structure and function

-Oxygen dissociation curves

-Structure and function of heart

-Cardiac cycle

-Structure and function of blood vessels

-Formation of tissue fluid

basically exchange and transport systems.
Reply 5
Original post by nex88g
Hey everyone,
Currently not working no where near those grades but I have full faith I can do it. I just have to put more effort in and it will all pay off.
Biology (A)
Chemistry (A*)
I will be updating everyday. I got an offer to study from my DREAAMMMM med school so I want to work as hard as possible to secure the offer and not let any of my previous efforts go in vain.
Decided to also get some tutoring in these last few weeks bc I seriously do not want to miss my offer.
Good luck ❣️ med applicant aswell and I genuinely need to start preparing so I get the grades I need 😅
Original post by nex88g
Hey everyone,
Biology (A)
Chemistry (A*)
slayyyy - welcome to grow your grades :biggrin:! gonna tag in a few people - @kayleigh_t.27 @erin11 @milktee @Tatakae L @halfharry @study23! @miss_nia
Original post by nex88g
Day 1:

Cellular Control (Mod 6)

Cloning (Mod 6)

DNA structure (Mod 2)

Cell Membranes (Mod 2)

Original post by emm4nuella
slayyyy - welcome to grow your grades :biggrin:! gonna tag in a few people - @kayleigh_t.27 @erin11 @milktee @Tatakae L @halfharry @study23! @miss_nia

Thank you to the queen of gyg @emm4nuella for tagging me. WELCOME WELCOME. If you want do share with us what uni you want to go to (and help me with chem i'm struggling😭😭😭).

Here's my gyg:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7446909
Original post by nex88g
Hey everyone,
Biology (A)
Chemistry (A*)

Thank you my love for tagging me, you're a star <3

And also your predicted grades are amazing and such an inspiration for an aspiring medic such as myself. I hope you get everything you want and better <3
Original post by nex88g
Hey everyone,
Biology (A)
Chemistry (A*)
welcome to gyg!! i do chem and maths too so i'll be so happy to follow you on your journey <3 i love maths so i'm here to help too! well done on your offer, ik you're gonna get into your dream school and we're here to support youuu <3

thank you for the tag!! <333
Reply 11
Original post by Tatakae L
Thank you my love for tagging me, you're a star <3
And also your predicted grades are amazing and such an inspiration for an aspiring medic such as myself. I hope you get everything you want and better <3
Hey, those are the grades I’m hoping to achieve at the end God willing.
Reply 12
Heyyy
Reply 13
Original post by erin11
welcome to gyg :smile:
Thank you
Original post by nex88g
Hey, those are the grades I’m hoping to achieve at the end God willing.
Well regardless Im sure your going to do great :smile:.
Also I forgot to say lol, I also have a gyg :smile:
Tatakae L's gyg journey
Reply 15
Original post by Tatakae L
Well regardless Im sure your going to do great :smile:.
Also I forgot to say lol, I also have a gyg :smile:
Tatakae L's gyg journey
We WILL get them grades
Original post by munalove
quite a small test
-Haemoglobin structure and function
-Oxygen dissociation curves
-Structure and function of heart
-Cardiac cycle
-Structure and function of blood vessels
-Formation of tissue fluid
basically exchange and transport systems.
Small test? My teacher gave me a test on this and it took an hour and a half because it was so big 😭 I do love that unit tho
Original post by nex88g
Heyyy
Hiiii, thanks for the tag @emm4nuella
Original post by nex88g
Hey everyone,
Biology (A)
Chemistry (A*)
WELCOMEE TO GYG, your predicted grades are amazinggg omg, good luck with everything and i'll be looking forward to your updatesss <33
thanks @emm4nuella for the tag 🤍🤍
Reply 19
Tuesday 19th March
Topics to cover for chemistry (2hrish)

Bonding and Structure

Acid-Base Titrations

Ideal Gas Calculations PV= nRT

Topics to cover for Biology

Exchange Surfaces Videos

Exchange Surface Anki Cards

Exchange Surface Past Paper Questions

Topics to cover for maths

Trigonometry - Angle Formula

Trigonometry - area of a sector + arc length

Trigonometry - sine + cosine rule area of triangle

Day Structure:
8: 45- 10: 30 - Biology Test
10:45-12:30 - Chemistry Practical
12:30- 13:15 - go over maths content for the lesson
13:15-15:00 - Maths
15:00-16:00 - Biology Prep for revision lesson
16:00 - 17:00 - Biology Revision
17:00- 18:45- carry out as much revision as possible on topics listed above
19:00-21:00 - Bible studyyyyy

How I feel

not too confident on the test but hoping it doesn’t go too bad. I have covered Cellular Respiration, Manipulating Genomes, Population and Sustainability and some linking questions for Evolution + Classification.

I’m hoping at lest 60%? I will check back in

Unfortunately PMT is down😩

END OF TODAY UPDATE:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending