The Student Room Group

Is David Cameron the worst PM ever?

A lot of my fellow lefties would argue that Thatcher would be a more appropriate recipient of this title. However, I disagree. At least Thatcher stood for something. She had principles. Even Hitler and Stalin had principles. David Cameron has no principles. He is an empty vacuous suit with no ideas of his own or convictions of any kind. He is by far the most sycophantic, shapeshifting politician I've ever seen and that's saying a lot. He's been caught lying and changing his story on virtually every single topic he's discussed from economics, to healthcare, to social issues, to foreign policy, etc... Even his own party have criticized him for this.

David Cameron has dedicated his life to wealth and power; to make the rich richer by stealing from the poor. He is a complete corporate tool. Almost every single policy he's implemented has been for the benefit of the rich and the corporations and to the detriment of the poor and the middle class.

Verdict: Worst PM EVER!

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no...tony blair
Reply 2
I think Brown is so far in my lifetime.

He would have been much better with a Tory majority behind him. Anyway, isn't it too soon to be discussing this...?
Reply 3
Gordon Brown is
Neville Chamberlain aswell
(edited 12 years ago)
@mia, meenu, morgsie:

How about backing up your claims with some arguments?
You are comparing David Cameron to Hitler and Stalin?
I think you need some sleep.
Original post by Mysteries
A lot of my fellow lefties would argue that Thatcher would be a more appropriate recipient of this title. However, I disagree. At least Thatcher stood for something. She had principles. Even Hitler and Stalin had principles. David Cameron has no principles. He is an empty vacuous suit with no ideas of his own or convictions of any kind. He is by far the most sycophantic, shapeshifting politician I've ever seen and that's saying a lot. He's been caught lying and changing his story on virtually every single topic he's discussed from economics, to healthcare, to social issues, to foreign policy, etc... Even his own party have criticized him for this.

David Cameron has dedicated his life to wealth and power; to make the rich richer by stealing from the poor. He is a complete corporate tool. Almost every single policy he's implemented has been for the benefit of the rich and the corporations and to the detriment of the poor and the middle class.

Verdict: Worst PM EVER!

Discuss.

I agree with it all, but the eloquence of Mia sandwiched between us has to have it. Yes Cameron is eroding so much of the great things about this country but TB with the most CCTV cameras in the world, our longer detention without charge than Zimbabwe and the mass centralisation of power under New Labour has to win Tony the top-prize.
Chamberlain was the worst UK prime minister hands down.

his appeasement policies were despicable but in his defense he did the right thing in the end and stood down and advised the king to send for Churchill however one sensible act does not dismiss the many many piss poor ones.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Poor excuse for Tory bashing...

Stop rewriting history - Old Labour ended up at the IMF it was they what ruined the country.

New Labour has now left us a trillion pounds in debt.

Yes, Labour always gives to the poor but always gives what it can’t afford.

Yes, Labour are always the nice guys treating us all to sweeties.

Yes, the Tories are always nasty bastards for facing up to financial reality.

Yes, there will always be those like you that favour Labour because Labour tells them what they want to hear.

Truth is, leaving the nation a trillion pounds in debt is just about as nasty as it gets and, when you factor in that it’s not obviously apparent to anyone just what it was we got in return for all that spending, Labour comes over no better than a bunch of Mafia racketeers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Mysteries
@mia, meenu, morgsie:

How about backing up your claims with some arguments?

Arguments:
Neville Chamberlain, Appeasement
Gordon Brown, bullying etc
Original post by mia )
no...tony blair

Disagree. Blair was probably equally as slippery / spindoctorish as Cameron... but he was at least quite good at it. He did have some level of charisma. Cameron has absolutely none. He has a way of talking out of his arse that... makes it abundantly clear that he's talking out of his arse. You can tell that he doesn't even believe the lines he's spinning.

I don't know about worst "ever"... I'm sure he won't be remembered well though; although, no one else would have fared any better. He'll be remembered as the PM that was at the helm when the Great Ship Britain (and the rest of the western world) completely hit the rocks... but, as I say, it's not like he or anyone else actually has the power to stop that from happening.
Reply 11
macmillen.
Churchill was worst.
Reply 13
Add, Anthony Eden for the Suez Crisis
Original post by localfox1000

Yeah it's ridiculous! Hitler was an economic genius, Cameron is a slack-jawed retard. They could probably just about go toe-to-toe in terms of biggotry and general levels of pure evil, though.
Reply 15
Chamberlain or the Brown/Blair Duo.

Cameron is one of the worst Tory's if you look at the past ones (who are in somewhere relavent or applicable to modern day society, so post 1900 imo).

And stealing from the Poor and giving to the rich, the only way you can steal from the poor is tax or in forecefully coercive markets which are corporatist. Labour are a hell of a lot better at that than the tory's, I'm sorry. But seriously. I know Cameron has made a tax jump (which I hate more than anything) but if labour were still in power it would be much higher, and even in (artificial) booms they still bolster them up.
Reply 16
I find it a tremendous coincidence that everyone feels that the prime ministers they grew up with are the only candidates for 'worst'. Margaret Thatcher must have made quite an impact to break this trend.
He is probably the best example of a 'career politician'. Almost everything he's done in his life has been geared towards holding a position of power in politics, although to be fair to him, there are quite a few others in his generation who would give him a run for his money for this title, namely ed miliband and nick clegg.
Original post by prog2djent
Chamberlain or the Brown/Blair Duo.

Cameron is one of the worst Tory's if you look at the past ones (who are in somewhere relavent or applicable to modern day society, so post 1900 imo).

And stealing from the Poor and giving to the rich, the only way you can steal from the poor is tax or in forecefully coercive markets which are corporatist. Labour are a hell of a lot better at that than the tory's, I'm sorry. But seriously. I know Cameron has made a tax jump (which I hate more than anything) but if labour were still in power it would be much higher, and even in (artificial) booms they still bolster them up.

The VAT increase, the cuts, Osbourne's healthcare reform bill, etc...

These things all affect the poor and the middle class not the rich.
Original post by localfox1000

Why not? They're all politicians. Stop blaming Hitler for everything that the Nazis did. He was a product of the antisemitism that was rampant in Europe at the time. You don't actually believe that Hitler was so charismatic that he managed to convince people to murder Jews and minorities do you?

Hitler also did a lot of good. He ended Germany's depression, he was pro animal rights, pro health and fitness, he stood up for the poor and the middle class (well, as long as they were German) etc...

Don't believe the hype.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending