The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography (Edexcel B)

I am doing GCSE Geography and my exam board is Edexcel B. I would like to know what is the best textbook because I am stuggling with what it is I need to know and what's relevant. I do already have the CGP book and quite a lot of it isn't very helpful as my school does different case studies to the ones in the CGP book.
So, if you know a helpful textbook for my exam board, plese let me know.
Original post by BibliophileLibra
I am doing GCSE Geography and my exam board is Edexcel B. I would like to know what is the best textbook because I am stuggling with what it is I need to know and what's relevant. I do already have the CGP book and quite a lot of it isn't very helpful as my school does different case studies to the ones in the CGP book.

i did gcse geography 2 years ago now but im pretty sure nothing has changed. I did edexcel b and I found the best book was the one you alrefy have. It covers every piece of the syallabus to a grade nine standard. Dont worry about case studies not being in the book all you need to do is fact search them up online and for all the ones i did i found everything online and without the text book was still scoring near full marks. So i wouldnt suggest getting another book but from the facts the teachers tell you inclass to what you can find online and also from looking at exmaple answers on papers you should find everything you need.
Original post by charlie.R.12
i did gcse geography 2 years ago now but im pretty sure nothing has changed. I did edexcel b and I found the best book was the one you alrefy have. It covers every piece of the syallabus to a grade nine standard. Dont worry about case studies not being in the book all you need to do is fact search them up online and for all the ones i did i found everything online and without the text book was still scoring near full marks. So i wouldnt suggest getting another book but from the facts the teachers tell you inclass to what you can find online and also from looking at exmaple answers on papers you should find everything you need.

Thank you so much for your response, btw what grade did you end up getting and what a levels are you doing,? (just curious)
i got 9 in most my gcses in the end and took physics maths and economics which im in second year now of. I really enjoyed geography but wanted to look at engineering.
Original post by charlie.R.12

I did iGCSE geography, I'm not sure how different it is, but we barely used our textbook😅
i dont think my teacher ever touched one it was all powerpoints which makes learning much better but for my revision i found it best.
Thank you so much for your response, btw what grade did you end up getting and what a levels are you doing,? (just curious)

What A Levels do you plan on doing?
Original post by Angel_11
What A Levels do you plan on doing?

No idea yet lol, I just started Year 10. But I think Maths is very likely for me and maybe a science at least and I enjoy Spanish since I'm good at it so that could be smt ig

I got a 9 in edexcel b- use the cgp for knowledge and look up on the internet for your specific case studies. All info is relevant . I can send you my anki feckd if you want
Original post by Crystalcreps
I got a 9 in edexcel b- use the cgp for knowledge and look up on the internet for your specific case studies. All info is relevant . I can send you my anki feckd if you want

what's a feckd? do you mean deck because that would be immensely helpful?

Can you send me your Anki deck please?
Reply 11
Hiya have you ever used Seneca learning? I used it so much, even with A-Level geography. I'm doing Environmental Geography at uni and I lowkey wish I could use Seneca lol. Anyway, if you're still looking for a textbook you might be able to find some in your library because honestly I think it's a waste of money to buy them especially at GCSE (or you could try and find an epub or pdf lol). I can't remember what my geography textbook was called but I borrowed (and forgot to give back) one from school that I really liked and it was written by Bob Digby and Cameron Dunn so maybe you could check them out. Hope everything goes well :smile:
Original post by LJ234
Hiya have you ever used Seneca learning? I used it so much, even with A-Level geography. I'm doing Environmental Geography at uni and I lowkey wish I could use Seneca lol. Anyway, if you're still looking for a textbook you might be able to find some in your library because honestly I think it's a waste of money to buy them especially at GCSE (or you could try and find an epub or pdf lol). I can't remember what my geography textbook was called but I borrowed (and forgot to give back) one from school that I really liked and it was written by Bob Digby and Cameron Dunn so maybe you could check them out. Hope everything goes well :smile:

I have actually tried Seneca before but I prefer textbooks, especially since I think when information is in a textbook form, it's more able to target the spec and that means I learn what I need for the marks. Unfortunatley the textbooks in my library are quite outdated and I prefer to have my own one and then I've tried finding free ones online but there's nothing for my exam board. Luckily my school gives us an online textbook that's published by Oxford but I'm not very used to its layout since I use CGP for like every subject but I think for my upcoming test next week I'll just use the online skl version and make Anki flashcards out of it. Thanks for your response and hope you do well at uni!
Original post by LJ234

Haha, I just realised the online version I have is written by Bob and Cameron. How helpful did you find the textbook?
what's a feckd? do you mean deck because that would be immensely helpful?

Dm me, bare in mind for paper 1 one section isn’t in it as covid year

hey i know this is from a year a go but could you possibly send those anki deck geography to me as well . it would be much appreciated
hey i know this is from a year a go but could you possibly send those anki deck geography to me as well . it would be much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest