The Student Room Group

OCR Economics F585 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

this is probably a stupid question, but will all the questions relate to the stimulus material or will there be unrelated questions? :confused:
Original post by Ninjaelephant
this is probably a stupid question, but will all the questions relate to the stimulus material or will there be unrelated questions? :confused:

They'll be based on the content of the stimulus but they won't ask you to know anything about the stimulus outside of the stimulus.
advantages and disadvantages of quantitative easing?
Reply 1383
Can someone please explain what is global development and what policys are needed to promote it.
Thank you.
(edited 11 years ago)
advantages of inflation?

p.s. dreading this exam. anyone else? :frown:
Reply 1385
Original post by Placebo101
They'll be based on the content of the stimulus but they won't ask you to know anything about the stimulus outside of the stimulus.

also, you need to use the stimulus in your essays, its the apllication points, like for example, in GCSE we used our anthologies in our essays.. we have to use DATA and EVIDENCE to back up our points, so it would be good to know your stimulus... OR.. know general information about UK and China situation :smile:
Reply 1386
Please can someone explain how quantitative of easing works
Original post by evelynevelyn
Hey can you please explain figure 2.2 in extract 2 to me? you seem to understand it really well...

the main point is that between '08 and '10 where China had a fixed exchange rate.
Even despite the fixed exchange rate there was a 15% rise in the real dollar exchange rate
This is due to much higher inflation in china compared to the US and therefore the US have become more competitive in real terms the Yuan has appreciated against the dollar.
Reply 1388
anyone got any points for..

how WTO helps in promoting reasoruce effciency?
how WTO promotes sustainability
Reply 1389
Original post by Lalaa
the EU stuff..
are the policies, just
pollution tax, pollution permits, eco-innovation and subsidies?

wait.. could they not use taxes ie indirect taxes??

Yes, EU use taxes (eg indirect taxes like a pollution tax), subsidies, pollution permits and eco-innovation
vs
China - regulation, and using the monopoly profits (made from 95% of rare earth production) for domestic business investment & production... right?
Someone just said it's been a lovely weather outside today....
I was like wha?!?!? revising has made me so oblivious to the world!
Reply 1391
Original post by 7Pilgrim
Yes, EU use taxes (eg indirect taxes like a pollution tax), subsidies, pollution permits and eco-innovation
vs
China - regulation, and using the monopoly profits (made from 95% of rare earth production) for domestic business investment & production... right?

ye i just checked it up in the APT guide..
chinas just ban/quota.. the points youv written are ofcourse the application/evaluative points under < quota/ban

you feeling ready for this exam??
What other policies can be included for China's sustainability, apart from export quotas, such as on rare earths?
Original post by Lalaa
chinas just ban/quota.. the points youv written are ofcourse the application/evaluative points under < quota/ban

My Q's been answered, thanks!
Reply 1394
Original post by Lalaa

Phew - there's a difference between 'ready' and 'accepting of the fact that I have to do it and then it will all be over and I can go to a corner and cry'.

I could do with a couple more days planning stuff, but who wouldn't!

I just hope that the essay is that one - I can scrape an A hopefully if it is. Also, check out 'chunkyjooj''s posts - invaluable!
i dont understand the question regarding fig2.2. what other reasons are they for Currency appreciating other than undervaluation?

Any help would be nice
advantages of inflation?

p.s. dreading this exam. anyone else? :frown:

That's AS stuff lol
Original post by hafsah1010
What other policies can be included for China's sustainability, apart from export quotas, such as on rare earths?

Just make them up, suggest things that they could do to become more sustainable. E.g. carbon taxation, China are the largest polluters of CO2 in the world, China have a coal energy dependency of 70%, burning coal for energy emits enormous amounts of pollution. Typical way to solve this problem and allow China to become more resource efficient is through carbon taxation, emissions trading schemes, subsidys towards solar panels, subsidys towards electric cars, then China won't have to burn soo much coal, and less dependent upon it, therefore future generations will be able to meet their own needs etc.
What are the policies for china reducing its excessive growth?
Reply 1399
Can anyone answer "Comment on the conflict between fiscal and monetary policy" please?
Thankyou in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending