The Student Room Group

OCR Economics F585 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by hafsah1010
Q on Extract 2: Analyse the impact of China having the lowest average inflation rates among the BRIC countries.

This is from the tutor2u booklet which I'm working my way through, anyone want to tackle it to see if I'm on the right lines? :smile:

this makes chinas good cheaper. improving competitvness boosting export revenue further improving the current account. however inflation starting to rise for china above the Bric economies which has a number of costs such as menucosts shoeleather and fscal drag
Reply 161
Q on Extract 2: Analyse the impact of China having the lowest average inflation rates among the BRIC countries.

This is from the tutor2u booklet which I'm working my way through, anyone want to tackle it to see if I'm on the right lines? :smile:

If it is possible, can you please send the tutor2u booklet? Thanks :smile:
Reply 162
Original post by smoky188
who wants the toolkit ?

I do. Thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
What are the chances of Protectionism coming up? my economics teacher spent so many lessons on it for me to discover its not even on the specification. :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 164
Original post by wwelol
to get possible l.4 - not benefical to china b/c external demand to high leading to high inflation, so they should let yuan appreciate to reduce inflation

how does productivity affect the exchange rate

and what is relative unit labour costs

if there is high productivity in one country relative to another the value of that countries prodcutivity increases, which makes it more desirable, therefore appreciates exachnge rates? ( not sure )

Unit labour costs are wage costs adjusted for the level of productivity. Relative in the sense of compared to another country.
Reply 165
Original post by evelynevelyn
What are the chances of Protectionism coming up? my economics teacher spent so many lessons on it for me to discover its not even on the specification. :s-smilie:

Not very it is on the spec i think but not on the pre-release which is mainly based on inflation, sustainability ect
Reply 166
in the conclusions of the evaluate/comment upon/ discuss questions, would you include an opinion? ie, i believe that the extent to which... ?
Reply 167
Original post by Lalaa
in the conclusions of the evaluate/comment upon/ discuss questions, would you include an opinion? ie, i believe that the extent to which... ?

not really on needed for 10markers
but dont know bout 20marker
Very useful thread on China. It's the BBC's 'Power of Asia' page!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13710859
Reply 169

Can you send me the toolkit please!!!:confused:
Reply 170
Original post by wwelol
not really on needed for 10markers
but dont know bout 20marker

Actually if it's discuss or comment you should always come to some kind of conclusion
Reply 171
Original post by Lalaa

On comment and discuss definitely as it helps to show developed evaluation, think it's easier to get top marks if you come to a conclusion.
Q: Distinguish between material needs and cultural needs.

How would you answer this?
Q: Analyse some of the causes of market failure in the market for hybrid vehicle.

How would you answer this one too?
Reply 174
Original post by Clare1994
Actually if it's discuss or comment you should always come to some kind of conclusion

yh i know
but u dont really need to see - my personal view is thiss blah blah
Reply 175
Q: Analyse some of the causes of market failure in the market for hybrid vehicle.

How would you answer this one too?

sallam alaikum
very hard Q
Reply 176
Can someone please send me the toolkit from ZigZag or APT please.
Thank you
Can someone please send me athe toolkit through email??
thanks
someone help me with the JUNE 2012 pre release on all extracts!!! please can someone message me and take a bit of time to go through each extract with me and what might come up and good ways of revision etc because my teacher is so rubbish he has not gone through the case study with us it just does not make any sense! please help- IN DESPERATE NEED! i need to do better in this exam :\
Reply 179
Original post by AmyBarbie
someone help me with the JUNE 2012 pre release on all extracts!!! please can someone message me and take a bit of time to go through each extract with me and what might come up and good ways of revision etc because my teacher is so rubbish he has not gone through the case study with us it just does not make any sense! please help- IN DESPERATE NEED! i need to do better in this exam :\

I need help too :frown: I don't understand much of it and I have no idea how to revise for this exam - And I really need an A or at least a high B! So if anyone wants to send me anything or help too would me much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending