The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Anyone else get jealous of celebrities?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Don't get jealous at all, every single aspect of their lives are in the media. You'd constantly be approached by people, it would be a nightmare.

Much rather get rich and lead my own life in peace.
Reply 21
No.

Pros of being a celeb: money
Pros of not being a celeb: privacy, peace of mind
Reply 22
Original post by Bellissima
i don't get what your opinion is, i don't moan and whinge, i just acknowledge the fact that yes, i would rather have as much freedom as they do, with a job i enjoyed.

i never said anything about how they shouldn't have a job they like? i don't get it..

Can't I state my opinion? Who the **** are you to say I cannot? lol... I'm simply saying that people who are envious of celebrities are losers.
Reply 23
Original post by Rascacielos
OP, I don't think your mindset is particularly unhealthy, although you do perhaps show a lack of confidence in yourself. It's natural to admire others and I sometimes think, like you, "wow, wouldn't it be lovely to have enough money to go on a huge shopping spree, hop on a plane to the Maldives, or take a year off work to focus on my personal life" but then I also appreciate what I've got in comparison to other people. Sure, I'll always have to work damned hard and I might never get the opportunity to just drop everything and travel, like I've always wanted to, but at the same time I couldn't handle the stress of being followed by the press, being harshly criticised for a decision I've made or how I look, etc.

Tbh, I think that's a small price to pay. I don't think I've ever heard a celebrity say, 'I hate being a celebrity' and voluntarily leave show-business. They complain about it but yet they love it. They relish in the fame. Also, celebrities CAN avoid the press if they want to. Let me give you an example, before Cheryl Cole got booted from the American X factor she was splatted all over the papers. However after the rejection she went incognito for months.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
How about becoming renowned for something a bit more wholesome than getting your boobs out? The only thing holding you back is yourself. We, as humans, have too many inhibitions.

Consider starting a charity and you instantly jump to potential problems. You tell yourself that you just need to do this, this and this before you can start. That's fine, but we're now 2 years down the line and you have more issues to resolve before you would feel comfortable enough to start. Next thing you know, 20 years have passed and you question why you didn't seize the moment. You lament your cautious approach and have nothing but regret to show for your good intentions.

Is that how you want to live? If so, you might as well give up now.

If you're not prepared to fail, don't bother starting.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sharm_111
Can't I state my opinion? Who the **** are you to say I cannot? lol... I'm simply saying that people who are envious of celebrities are losers.

ok... :s-smilie:
Reply 26
Original post by Bellissima
ok... :s-smilie:

As aforecited, I'm laughing at all of you for envying celebrities, people who don't know you nor care about your anguish.
I am jealous of their success and money, but not so much of their fame itself. But on the other hand, I have to be happy and content with what I have myself, since like you say there are less disadvantaged people in the world, and even fame has its downfalls (lack of privacy, more risk of haters and stalkers, etc)
Reply 28
99.9% of humans?

Original post by philistine
If you want to be like them, who's going to be like you?
You should never be jealous of anyone, because you never know what they've got going on under the surface to be miserable about. Nobody's had the perfect life. Except Grace Kelly.
Reply 30
I would hate to be famous, you have no privacy, the press watches your every move, every comment you make on twitter is examined by millions of people worldwide, one slip up and it is broadcast to the whole world, one embaressing incident and your career is over, because you are in the limelight everyone and anyone has the right to have an opinion on your life or so they think, you lose relationships because of the sheer pressure, your friends betray you to the press for money or 15 minutes of fame, your family doesn't understand what your going through, despite so many knowing you, your all alone, your agent. your staff they don't care about you, they care about their big fat pay checks that keep them going, its you against the world. fame = hell
Reply 31
See this is why I admire Justin Bieber so much

Original post by masterhr1
The only thing that annoys me is that they're in a position where they can have such a big influence on things and people but all they seem to be doing is going to parties, getting drunk, giving crap boring interviews and being losers.
I'm not jelous of them at all but it just strikes that there are much more people more deserving of fame than them.
Original post by Pitt1988
Don't get jealous at all, every single aspect of their lives are in the media. You'd constantly be approached by people, it would be a nightmare.

Much rather get rich and lead my own life in peace.

Yeah, this is how I feel too. I'd love it if I became just rich and successful, but the idea of being famous seems pretty scary to me for those reasons.

Original post by T-Toe
Tbh, I think that's a small price to pay. I don't think I've ever heard a celebrity say, 'I hate being a celebrity' and voluntarily leave show-business. They complain about it but yet they love it. They relish in the fame. Also, celebrities CAN avoid the press if they want to. Let me give you an example, before Cheryl Cole got booted from the American X factor she was splatted all over the papers. However after the rejection she went incognito for months.

To be fair, from what I've heard Lily Allen has done just that. I've read interviews and watched documentaries of her where she's said she doesn't particularly like being famous, just likes making music. Then she decided that she'd had enough and retired from pop music to create her own clothes shop and get married and have kids, all of which she has done now. And then there's also a lot of child actors who grow up and later decide not to continue pursing show business jobs, and instead go into "normal" jobs and leave the fame game forever.
Original post by Miracle Day
99.9% of humans?

Nope.

Reply 34
Is it wrong I wouldn't really mind being in the public eye? It isnt ad bad ad people on here are saying.
Original post by Miracle Day
Is it wrong I wouldn't really mind being in the public eye? It isnt ad bad ad people on here are saying.

i'd rather be in the public eye and have all their freedom and enjoyment than nothing... i don't think it's that bad even though not ideal.
Reply 36
Original post by T-Toe

what a load of crap! there are tons of celebs who hate being celebs and they say it day in day out on interviews,, in the press, all they want is privacy.
and how can they leave the "show business" as you call it? to celebs like them, singing acting etc is simply a job, it may not have the 9-5 hours, they may be required to dress up more than those who work in an office but to them it is still a job, people commenting on clothes you wear, every comment you say is not and isn't part of the job. they are singers, actors, i.e. entertainers, they are not there for us to make rumours about or to have the right to say something about their life. and leave the show business? i mean please, be realistic, so your a celeb which means you are known by millions so how exactlycan you leave show business? it would be impossible to get a regular job as everyone would knowo who you were and as this option is ruled out you would have to stay in showbusiness as you need the money. to have food infront of you and a roof over your head it takes money. and these celebs will have to stay in showbusiness until they have money, only then will they be able to leave. i also think it is impossible to avoid the press - they are everywhere. furthermore, in show business you are in the public eye 24/7 when cheryl cole went into hiding she didn't release an album or a clothing line or "do her job" she was just at home with her family. a celeb cannot do that in show business e..g if you are a singer you have to perform infront of people whether it is on tour or in a studio, you can't go into hiding and do your job.

basically i disagree with your viewpoint completely. :wink:
Reply 37
I do, because they are rich, wear fancy clothes, drive fancy cars, live in a fancy house!:colondollar: A little ashamed of myself now! :embarrassed:
Reply 38
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Yeah, this is how I feel too. I'd love it if I became just rich and successful, but the idea of being famous seems pretty scary to me for those reasons.

To be fair, from what I've heard Lily Allen has done just that. I've read interviews and watched documentaries of her where she's said she doesn't particularly like being famous, just likes making music. Then she decided that she'd had enough and retired from pop music to create her own clothes shop and get married and have kids, all of which she has done now. And then there's also a lot of child actors who grow up and later decide not to continue pursing show business jobs, and instead go into "normal" jobs and leave the fame game forever.

Didn't she make a documentary that opened the doors to her private life? Didn't she recently collaborate with T-Pain? Making music doesn't have to be mainstream.

Child actors: was that a really a voluntary thing?
Reply 39
Original post by arbaaz
what a load of crap! there are tons of celebs who hate being celebs and they say it day in day out on interviews,, in the press, all they want is privacy.
and how can they leave the "show business" as you call it? to celebs like them, singing acting etc is simply a job, it may not have the 9-5 hours, they may be required to dress up more than those who work in an office but to them it is still a job, people commenting on clothes you wear, every comment you say is not and isn't part of the job. they are singers, actors, i.e. entertainers, they are not there for us to make rumours about or to have the right to say something about their life. and leave the show business? i mean please, be realistic, so your a celeb which means you are known by millions so how exactlycan you leave show business? it would be impossible to get a regular job as everyone would knowo who you were and as this option is ruled out you would have to stay in showbusiness as you need the money. to have food infront of you and a roof over your head it takes money. and these celebs will have to stay in showbusiness until they have money, only then will they be able to leave. i also think it is impossible to avoid the press - they are everywhere. furthermore, in show business you are in the public eye 24/7 when cheryl cole went into hiding she didn't release an album or a clothing line or "do her job" she was just at home with her family. a celeb cannot do that in show business e..g if you are a singer you have to perform infront of people whether it is on tour or in a studio, you can't go into hiding and do your job.

basically i disagree with your viewpoint completely. :wink:

Paragraphs?

Are you a celebrity? So I fail to see how you can classify this as 'total BS'

I don't have time to read this right now. However I'm sticking to my statement: 'celebrities can fade into obscurity'.

Latest

Trending

Trending