The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Anyone else get jealous of celebrities?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T-Toe
Didn't she make a documentary that opened the doors to her private life? Didn't she recently collaborate with T-Pain? Making music doesn't have to be mainstream.

Child actors: was that a really a voluntary thing?

True, but the documentary was mainly focussing on her and her sister creating her business. I didn't know she did a collaboration with T-Pain though :dontknow:

What do you mean by voluntary? The child's choice to start acting at a young age, or the child's choice to stop?
Reply 41
Original post by Miracle Day
These are just my thoughts. I know some others on TSR feel the same through previous threads so feel free to discuss.

On one hand, I always find myself creating hypothetical situations in my head, seeing all the cool stuff they get up to on Twitter etc. Seeing their influence and capabilities of making dreams come true just by chatting to them. Especially superstar singers like Adele, One Direction, The Wanted, Justin Bieber who tour the world, have millions of dedicated fans and get to do what they love. The vision of standing on the stage of the O2 or MSG is great. They have the freedom to catch a plane where and when they want. Me? 13 years in school, 4 years in University and the next half a century in work 9-5.

But then on the other hand you feel guilt because there are much worse off people. For instance I feel really strongly about terminally ill kids, and would love to start a charity helping them. But then as above, there are so much better off people.

I know it's not a healthy mindset but what do you think?

Lol no.
Original post by sharm_111
Loser. Do Justin Bieber or Kim Kardashian have to care if they're famous and you're not?

What's your point?
Reply 43
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
True, but the documentary was mainly focussing on her and her sister creating her business. I didn't know she did a collaboration with T-Pain though :dontknow:

What do you mean by voluntary? The child's choice to start acting at a young age, or the child's choice to stop?

I just find it ironic that she wants to preserve her private life yet tells the whole world her business on national television.

The '5 o' clock in the morning' song. It's very popular and extremely mainstream, if anything she's brought herself back into popular culture.

Well show-business is a tough and harsh industry. Perhaps they just weren't necessary anymore. For example Macaulay Culkin - will always be known as 'that kid from Home Alone'. He's cuteness faded thus wasn't welcome back in Hollywood with open arms. Very harsh but that's life. He's struggling as an actor to make a name for himself as an adult. Many child-stars fade into obscurity.

Also my experience isn't a rule of thumb, I've never heard of celebs who have left show-business out of hatred. Chances are, there have been a few but the ratio is far off.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by T-Toe
I just find it ironic that she wants to preserve her private life yet tells the whole world her business on national television.

The '5 o' clock in the morning' song. It's very popular and extremely mainstream, if anything she's brought herself back into popular culture.

Well show-business is a tough and harsh industry. Perhaps they just weren't necessary anymore For example Macaulay Culkin - will always be known as 'that kid from Home Alone'. He's cuteness faded thus wasn't welcome back in Hollywood with open arms. Very harsh but that's life. He's struggling as an actor to make a name for himself as an adult. Many child-stars fade into obscurity.

Well, if you had a business, you'd want to promote it, right? Anyway, I see what you mean, maybe she's not totally against fame, or she's just changed her mind? I don't know the 5 o'clock song cos I haven't been listening to the radio or watching music TV much in the past year :o:

Alright, I actually didn't realise some child actors got rejected like that. Poor Macaulay :frown:. I guess people like Natalie Portman and Christina Ricci just got lucky then.

EDIT: I just searched that song now, and realise I have heard it before! :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Well, if you had a business, you'd want to promote it, right? Anyway, I see what you mean, maybe she's not totally against fame, or she's just changed her mind? I don't know the 5 o'clock song cos I haven't been listening to the radio or watching music TV much in the past year :o:

Alright, I actually didn't realise some child actors got rejected like that. Poor Macaulay :frown:. I guess people like Natalie Portman and Christina Ricci just got lucky then.

EDIT: I just searched that song now, and realise I have heard it before! :colondollar:

Fair point. The documentary just seemed very personal. I felt a little uncomfortable when she discretely mentioned her miscarriage. I am very happy that she has a healthy child now. Perhaps she will fade voluntarily. She's one of the few British celebs who appear not to be vacuous, materialistic and self-absorbed.

Have you seen the recent picture of him?

Spoiler

Dear god, I think he does drugs :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by T-Toe
Fair point. The documentary just seemed very personal. I felt a little uncomfortable when she discretely mentioned her miscarriage. I am very happy that she has a healthy child now. Perhaps she will fade voluntarily. She's one of the few British celebs who appear not to be vacuous, materialistic and self-absorbed.

Spoiler

She knew her miscarriage was gonna be all up in the news anyway (as it was) and people already knew she was pregnant, so she might as well have mentioned the miscarriage in the documentary, especially since it did affect her work on the business for a little while. But it's great to see that things have turned around for her now :smile:

Yeah, I've seen that picture. Poor dude, I hope he's getting help.
I'm not jealous of them. Some people do get desirable things more easily than others, its just the way it is. It helps that there's millions of idiots across the world who engage in celeb worship too. They're the problem, not the celebs.
Reply 48
Original post by T-Toe

T Pain & Wiz Khalifa just used a sample from one of her old album tracks called Who'd Have Known.
Reply 49
Original post by T-Toe
Paragraphs?

Are you a celebrity? So I fail to see how you can classify this as 'total BS'

I don't have time to read this right now. However I'm sticking to my statement: 'celebrities can fade into obscurity'.

yeah i should have used paragraphs. my mistake.
no, I'm not a celebrity which should have obvious when I said that I would hate to be famous.
read my comment when you have time, you may consider changing your mind. :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by T-Toe

Spoiler

She's both of those. For example, she made a song about Cheryl Cole, and when interviewed about it she said she didn't mean it in a nice way.
brb making millions
brb ablity to retire very early
brb living care-free
brb tons of fans

im with you op.
I'm the same. I really want to buy an amazing home, and be able to travel lots. I'm not too bothered about the influence though and I wouldn't want to see my mug on TV. I think winning the lottery is a nice compromise :P
Reply 53
Original post by arbaaz
what a load of crap! there are tons of celebs who hate being celebs and they say it day in day out on interviews,, in the press, all they want is privacy.
and how can they leave the "show business" as you call it? to celebs like them, singing acting etc is simply a job, it may not have the 9-5 hours, they may be required to dress up more than those who work in an office but to them it is still a job, people commenting on clothes you wear, every comment you say is not and isn't part of the job. they are singers, actors, i.e. entertainers, they are not there for us to make rumours about or to have the right to say something about their life. and leave the show business? i mean please, be realistic, so your a celeb which means you are known by millions so how exactlycan you leave show business? it would be impossible to get a regular job as everyone would knowo who you were and as this option is ruled out you would have to stay in showbusiness as you need the money. to have food infront of you and a roof over your head it takes money. and these celebs will have to stay in showbusiness until they have money, only then will they be able to leave. i also think it is impossible to avoid the press - they are everywhere. furthermore, in show business you are in the public eye 24/7 when cheryl cole went into hiding she didn't release an album or a clothing line or "do her job" she was just at home with her family. a celeb cannot do that in show business e..g if you are a singer you have to perform infront of people whether it is on tour or in a studio, you can't go into hiding and do your job.

basically i disagree with your viewpoint completely. :wink:

You know what would back up your point? By naming 10 celebrities, and providing sources. Or atleast a decent ammount. You're point is baseless right now.
Why would anyone be jealous of having no privacy, having every part of your life gossiped about and people revelling in your misfortune, waiting for you to slip up?
Reply 55
Original post by Miracle Day
You know what would back up your point? By naming 10 celebrities, and providing sources. Or atleast a decent ammount. You're point is baseless right now.

sure, although some will be a mix of bollywood and hollywood celebs if that's cool with you.

no 1. nana patekar - a bollywood actor who got so sick of the press spreading crap about him that he shifted out of mumbai, stopped doing films for a while, cut himself of from everyone. - if you google this you can easily find this out.

no 2 britney spears - one incident in particular where after her mental breakdown the press filmed her crying outside her house and refused to leave her despite her crying ... was a horrible sight :frown: it is commonly known that had the press not been so vicious in their treatment of her by constantly filming her and igivng her no privacy then she would have recovered from her mental breakdown a lot quicker.

there are tons of other celebs but i simply cba to go through more and link sources too them. i'm sure two examples from the top of my head shall suffice.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
Why would anyone be jealous of having no privacy, having every part of your life gossiped about and people revelling in your misfortune, waiting for you to slip up?

yup, my point exactly, fame is not a thing to be admired.
Reply 57
Original post by DrunkenMaster
Must admit I get jealous. Especially when they are only famous for the way they look (Katie Price and Cheryl 'please feel sorry for me' Cole) or because they are related to someone famous (george Lamb, Alexandra Burke, Miquita Oliver). Also when they can get away with stuff (Kerry Katona). Also winds me up when they moan about not having the same freedoms as ordinary people (not all ordinary people can do what htey like when they like) and how hard they work.

who are alexandra burke and miquita oliver related to?????:s-smilie:
Reply 58
Original post by arbaaz
sure, although some will be a mix of bollywood and hollywood celebs if that's cool with you.

no 1. nana patekar - a bollywood actor who got so sick of the press spreading crap about him that he shifted out of mumbai, stopped doing films for a while, cut himself of from everyone. - if you google this you can easily find this out.

no 2 britney spears - one incident in particular where after her mental breakdown the press filmed her crying outside her house and refused to leave her despite her crying ... was a horrible sight :frown: it is commonly known that had the press not been so vicious in their treatment of her by constantly filming her and igivng her no privacy then she would have recovered from her mental breakdown a lot quicker.

there are tons of other celebs but i simply cba to go through more and link sources too them. i'm sure two examples from the top of my head shall suffice.

Britney Spears? Who last year released a new album, went on tour and yesterday told Simon Cowell he'd be interested in being a judge on the X Factor.

As for the other one, I have no idea who he is.
I admit I'm jealous of the ones with nice bodies, my body isn't really bad but it's nothing spectacular. Certainly wouldn't want their lives though, too much pressure. No wonder so many celebs do drugs.

Latest

Trending

Trending