The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

so the technology in 2016 doesn't exist to keep out foxes? hmmm....maybe farmers shouldn't inbreed so much and use their brains....
Reply 61
Original post by ForeverIsMyName
Animals shouldn't have rights. Becuase they're freakin animals!

Should it be an offence to chase spiders down with dogs and horses?

Spiders aren't animals. It's more like a pack of dogs hunting down another dog with group of people with horses and guns
yassss
Reply 63
Original post by x__sophie__x
yassss

Take you nine months to come up with that?
yes they should! we're animals. its like saying humans should be killed because we eat chicken and lamb and beef, etc. just because theyre animals, doesnt mean they shouldn't have rights.
Ok....
'Man is born free, yet he is everywhere in chains.'I think everybody should be free to do whatever they want unless it inflicts suffering to others, which is the case
Original post by aaronc2
Fox hunting is part of rural English culture, and, in this country, we are so keen on respecting other cultures, but we seem to be disrespectful of one of our own subcultures - I always found this bizarre (although I do think its cruel, but that means that I wouldnt do it, not that I want other people to be prevented from doing it)

Bull and bear baiting (with dogs) used to be common in 'English culture' too but that fact doesn't mean it is acceptable. Societies change, their culture changes, things that were once acceptable become unacceptable.
Reply 68
Original post by Helix Aspersa
'Man is born free, yet he is everywhere in chains.'I think everybody should be free to do whatever they want unless it inflicts suffering to others, which is the case

Who is to define what constitutes 'suffering on others' though? It's a slippery slope which would be abused.
Reply 69
Original post by ExitMusic
Arguments against ban:

Foxes are a pest i.e. they kill chickens
They are a top of the food chain i.e. they are not eaten by anything else so they will keep being a pest or they will get killed by farmers anyway
They rummage through rubbish bins, emptying it out onto the street
Fox hunting is a British tradition
Ending fox hunting would result in a loss of many jobs

Arguments against ban:

Some view killing foxes in this manner as inhumane and outdated

Tradition! It was a British tradition to throw women in rivers to test if they were witches.

Some things should be left in the past
for the sake of freeom and liberty, hunting should be re-instated
Reply 71
Why is your bin in the street? are you really asking that. When do bins get taken out. where do you leave your bin, in your b@oody garden. No. you keep it around front, but not on the street. BTW we aren't talking about towns here. In large cities foxes and racoons and badgers enter large bins that restaurant or hotels or places with a large influx of rubbish, and throw it out on the streets I know that not just foxes are to blame but seriously this:- (They rummage through rubbish bins, emptying it out onto the street- Do they? Why is your rubbish bin in the street anyway?) isn't a valid point. ( The 'Do they?' bit and the 'Why is your rubbish bin in the street anyway?'. OK
Reply 72
Original post by Pestyboy
Spiders aren't animals. It's more like a pack of dogs hunting down another dog with group of people with horses and guns
They are unarmed and rarely have a firearm OK RARELY
Original post by ForeverIsMyName
Animals shouldn't have rights. Becuase they're freakin animals!

Should it be an offence to chase spiders down with dogs and horses?

So... we don't have rights??? What have animals done to you to make you think there just a peace of crap. if we didn't have animals in our lives we would be dead! They are a living animal just like us and deserve to have all the rights they want. Would you like to be chased by a hound of starving dogs waiting to tear you apart? No animal has done anything wrong in their life to deserve to be killed, slaughtered WHATEVER! And just like the meat (you most likely eat), why should they be eaten when there is plenty other food you can go eat! And I know there is because I'm a vegetarian! Would you like to be killed (which would be less painful) but most the time they are tortured, unlike people say they live their lives in peace then are killed painlessly, NO! they are born, kidnapped from their mum, kept in a tiny cage so they can't move, die, then magically end up in your local shop for you to eat.

Think twice about what you say.
There are also other old English traditions doesn’t mean they are still all carried out today!
Two points to remember here ....

Point 1 . A native indigenous wild animal hunted aNd cruelly killed for a humans sick pleasure .

Point 2 . They are not a pest .

The end .
There are no arguments against foxhuniting.

Let people do what they want without state interfere to reduce a livestock predator and persevere a BRITISH tradition.
Reply 77
and lots of dogs are bread for hunting and these dogs would just be killed if fox hunting was banned
Reply 78
Original post by gideon2000uk
Just as many foxes are being killed after the ban, at least people were having fun before hand - in fact, they still are because the ban has been almost completely impracticable, becuase there are better uses of police time than stamping on peoples liberties and traditions.

yeah true the traditions run in my family and my friends get paid to help catch foxes its actually a lot of fun
Original post by Epaus
and lots of dogs are bread for hunting and these dogs would just be killed if fox hunting was banned

That's terrible logic and absolutely not true. All these animals don't have to hunt to lead fulfilling lives. Don't forget hunting is actually banned and there is no mass genocide of hunting dogs.

Latest

Trending

Trending