The Student Room Group

How often should I mention my research in my EPQ essay?

Am I supposed to evaluate, analyse and discuss the research I've done for my project constantly? I'm not sure how I should implement the information I've gathered from my research and how often I should do it. I also feel as though my topic doesn't allow to have an "argument" - like a 'for' side and an 'against' side - my topic is on how AI can be utilised in preventative medicine and the impact it can have on the traditional role of doctors and overcoming healthcare challenges
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by aelinriveria
Am I supposed to evaluate, analyse and discuss the research I've done for my project constantly? I'm not sure how I should implement the information I've gathered from my research and how often I should do it. I also feel as though my topic doesn't allow to have an "argument" - like a 'for' side and an 'against' side - my topic is on how AI can be utilised in preventative medicine and the impact it can have on the traditional role of doctors and overcoming healthcare challenges

Hey which exam board
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Hey which exam board

AQA
Original post by aelinriveria
AQA

Ok so for AQA a lot of the research you have done will be used in your essay and you don't have to explicitly mention from my research.... You would do a lot of in-text citations throughout your essay (any time you use a piece of info/quote from a secondary resource) and you will have to make an alphabetically ordered reference list at the end. Evaluating your research would be done in your production log but for the most part it will be during your final presentation. I love your topic and you if you want an argumentative nature to it, use the to what extent template to allow you to argue for and against (backed up by evidence) and reach a conclusion that would allow your personal opinions (having been shaped by the research you have done) to come through. So it would instead be to "To what extent could AI be utilized in preventive medicine, impacting the traditional role of doctors and overcoming healthcare challenges?" You should be evaluating your resources (using the CRAPP test) and explaining your thought process in your production log (mid project review, final reflection etc etc). I also did AQA EPQ last year (on med too) so feel free to reach out!
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending