The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do some Pakistani people look like white people or really pale?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Inzamam99
The Pashtuns, Baloch and Kashmiris in particular tend to be light skinned. Also many people from Northern Punjab. The only regions of Pakistan where skin colour is more than a crisp brown on average are the South of Punjab and interior Sindh. Some of my cousins on my mother's side are brunette haired and green/hazel eyed and friends have commented that they look very German in their appearance.

Pashtun policeman: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2466/3575683271_b43f59a261.jpg

Punjabi actress: http://www.cidpusa.org/pak.jpg
Punjabi model: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PQ1rqdGwKzQ/TTSMWjnTFqI/AAAAAAAADM4/gQLsiZSZWCw/s400/Iman+Ali.jpg

Punjabi Pathan cricketer and politician Imran Khan: http://img.xcitefun.net/users/2011/11/272877,xcitefun-imran-khan-pti-wallpaper-6.jpg

Cba with more but you get my drift.

Well yeah i agree with u. but u know what there are very less people who are dark in pakistan. it is said that sindhis and balochis r closer to iranians. and punjabis closer to indian punjabis. In india only these punjabis are fair and so are pakistani punjabis. pathans are closer to russians. thats why in generally pakistanis tend to be fair.
Reply 21
and what else i dont get is that whenever i say pakistanis are fair why u guys get so hyper. i mean whatever i wrote some1 just disliked my comment. Friends i know u guys think that pakistan originated from india. but seriously speaking they r not similar in looks with indians. Pakistanis tend to be fair where as indians tend to be dark. becuase pakistanis are iinterbred with turks, greeks etc etc.
Reply 22
I know whites who are pale, some are a lot darker. It's the same with every race. Notice that Thai's,Phillipinos, Gurkhas are darker then Japs, Chinese ppl?
Reply 23
Original post by Lilahx
I know whites who are pale, some are a lot darker. It's the same with every race. Notice that Thai's,Phillipinos, Gurkhas are darker then Japs, Chinese ppl?

i certainly agree with u pal :smile:
Original post by Lilahx

Thais, Filipinos, Chinese, Japanese are not all one race.

I agree that you get lighter and darker people in the Chinese race, or Japanese, or Thai or Filipino, but each race is on average quite different from another. Filipinos are easiest to spot, then maybe Thai. There are differences if you look carefully between Chinese and Japanese.
Lol, seriously?

Okay, I'm from India and I've seen a huge range of skin colours from really pale to really dark... Some people have looked at me and thought I was Spanish, some thought I was Thai :P ... so it's not about being 'mixed' or anything.
Reply 26
well seriously speaking I havent seen any pakistani quite dark. there are but they r in very very very minority. but in india u will find majority of these dark skinned people. i am not being a racist or saying that one is beautiful and one is not. and skin colour doesnt define someone's beauty. Like among europeans, even though the people are white but only few people come out to be beautiful. its just the fact. becoz although pakistan was a part of india but why do they still look so different from indians? i mean pakistani people's religion, culture, skin colour and even facial features are so different. and it had also been found out that 95% of people in pakistan are causicans...thats why u see pakistanis fair, less fair and some very white. and i also heard from most of the people that the reason pakistanis are different from indians is that these pakistanis are closer to afghanistan people than indians. thats why we find majority of these people to be fair.
Reply 27
I also looked at some pictures of local people, models and actors of pakistan and india. after seeing these its true to say that they r different. difference is ofcourse both of their skin colour, religion, culture ,dresses and language too. i also compared the pakistanis with persian people and yeah they did look closer to the persians than indians. and u know most of the pakistanis speak afghan or persian language.
Reply 28
Original post by shahlakh
I also looked at some pictures of local people, models and actors of pakistan and india. after seeing these its true to say that they r different. difference is ofcourse both of their skin colour, religion, culture ,dresses and language too. i also compared the pakistanis with persian people and yeah they did look closer to the persians than indians. and u know most of the pakistanis speak afghan or persian language.

India (and the sub-continent as a whole) is host to a variety of ethno-racial groups. Northern Indians are like the Pakistanis whereas southern and north-eastern Indians are different. Pashtuns and Balouchis mark the beginning of a shift towards West Asian populations. Of course it is a heavily mixed region so this is simply a general guide.

Also, most Pakistanis speak Indo-Aryan languages, not Iranian ones. However, there is a huge Perso-Arabic influence in the Indo-Aryan languages in Pakistan as is there in India.

As for the original question, most Pakistanis are classified as Caucasian. Now whether race has any real basis is a topic of hot contention but it is often based on physical appearance and genetics. By that I mean to say they are fairly similar to European and West Asian populations as are most of the people in the northern part of the sub-continent. Thus, due to variation of features and colour within a racial family there are bound to be people from varying regions who look similar.
My muslim mate from college said some of the girls bleached their skin in some way to make it lighter, not sure if he was pulling my leg or not.
Reply 30
I can't believe I'm the first person to do this but "Oh my God runtyou, you can't just ask people why they're white!"
geographic location and other countries it borders.
Reply 32
It's very simple. They are actually quite dark. As an Arab, I'm quite white.

My ancestor, Muhammad bin Qasim of the Arabs helped to conquer these people and make good converts out of them. In the process he and his men took great pleasure in taking their women away to humilate their men. So now, these locals are very grateful that we came and made good good muslims out of them.

So now, the average pakistani uses skin whitening cream. They want to look white as us. They look up to us. I get so much attention when I visit their country, the father of the families literally offer me their daughters for a quick wedding and divorce.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
Bleaching!
Mutations :confused:
Reply 35
Hello everyone,

I am doing my Masters thesis project at LCC about skin, beauty and lightening and would be really interested to conduct some interviews and possibly take some pictures (only if you are also willing to let me do this) to understand peoples' experiences of lightening their skin, whether positive or negative. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss this further and see how you might like to participate in this project. In return for your help I would be willing to give a free mini portrait session and credits in the final project if you would like. I am also looking for people who have strong opinions on the subject, whether positive or negative. I am based in London, UK, but am willing to travel across the UK to meet participants

Thanks in advance,
Rebecca
Reply 36
Pakistan is a mix of landscapes and climates. Naturally, some Pakistani's will look whiter than others.
it's all in the genes!
Reply 38
My dad is a pakistani, born and bredded from pakistain and he is pale non of his parents are white but his grandad was
in north india i have seen many indians with blue eyes and blond hair and fair skin ..and i have rarely seen any pakis look like that unless their pathun( and these people no show no sign of pakstani origin or culture) .they are not obsessed ...why dont we talk about other stuff the two countries have done>>??? is beauty all you got to offer

Latest

Trending

Trending