Original post by LETSJaM
PLEASE LET IT BE ON WATER!

I just hope it's not on aids & malaria or LDL's or CHD :cry2:

<3 x

There was one on water in January I'm afraid :frown:
Reply 261
Original post by rainbow_kisses
There was one on water in January I'm afraid :frown:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I think I might be a little screwed then...

Do you have any predictions as to what will come up...?

<3 x
Original post by LETSJaM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I think I might be a little screwed then...

Do you have any predictions as to what will come up...?

<3 x

I have no idea I'm afraid, I sat this paper in Jan :frown:
I think there will defo be on ecology or there could be a 6 mark question on ecology on like quadrats e.t.c , enzymes , glycogen , and an experiment test like benedicts , there will be questions i think on atheroschleorsis ?
Original post by LETSJaM
PLEASE LET IT BE ON WATER!

I just hope it's not on aids & malaria or LDL's or CHD :cry2:

<3 x

I'm hoping for water too!! and I hate LDLs/HDLs :angry: but I just found out on the january 2012 paper those were both the big mark questions so I'll doubt they'll come up again. I'm thinking something to do with smoking.. or immune system.
Reply 265
Original post by I love Vagina
I'm hoping for water too!! and I hate LDLs/HDLs :angry: but I just found out on the january 2012 paper those were both the big mark questions so I'll doubt they'll come up again. I'm thinking something to do with smoking.. or immune system.

I can do Immune system, and I can revise smoking a bit more.

Just begging for nice questions...

<3 x
I was looking at papers since Jan 10 and there's always two big markers;

Jan 10 - Water & DNA replication
June 10 - Food production (microorganisms) & Antibodies related to their function

Jan 11 -Reducing sugars test etc. & Structure of Haemoglobin
June 11 - Lung cancer & DNA replication

Jan 12 - Water & LDLs/HDLs
June 12 - ???

Thought this would maybe help to predict what may come up. I'm thinking immune system.
Reply 267

June 10 - Food production (microorganisms) & Antibodies related to their function

June 12 - ???

Thought this would maybe help to predict what may come up. I'm thinking immune system.

theres no point wasting time thinking about whats going to come up or not.. half of the time we're all wrong anyway.. i meen everyone who sat the january f211 paper didnt get anything they had expected.. this may even be the same unfortantley :/

June 12 - ???

dont ever make the mistake of predicting OCR Biology papers. for example their are some topics in F215 which have never ever come up on the new spec so please dont speculate. just revise everything
Can someone please do some model answers for some example long answer questions in ecology, I always drop tons of marks :frown:
Original post by Salmonidae
Can someone please do some model answers for some example long answer questions in ecology, I always drop tons of marks :frown:

can we ask questions on ecology ? and disease chapter
Original post by otrivine
can we ask questions on ecology ? and disease chapter

Sure, I can try and answer and I'm sure others will be able to.
Sure, I can try and answer and I'm sure others will be able to.

can u ask me first :wink:
can u ask me first :wink:

Sure:

A farmer wants to test out the effectiveness of insecticides on his crops because locusts (I couldn't think of an insect) keep eating them all. Explain how he could he could do this. [5/6 marks probably]
Sure:

A farmer wants to test out the effectiveness of insecticides on his crops because locusts (I couldn't think of an insect) keep eating them all. Explain how he could he could do this. [5/6 marks probably]

- use sweep netting using a stout net and sweep through vegeatative arcs and then u place them in a white spread of paper and count the number of insects u can use a pooter to prevent them from flying quickly. Then spray insecticide and count how many insects were effected. From there you can calculate mean and do replicates to improve reliability of results
Can we stop with the F215 questions. Seriously. It's rather demoralizing to come into a thread for help with revision with people throwing around A2 biology.
Original post by Sarabande
Can we stop with the F215 questions. Seriously. It's rather demoralizing to come into a thread for help with revision with people throwing around A2 biology.

Mate I hate to break it to you but that was a typical F212 question on the biodiversity and sampling chapter! Check the spec
Mate I hate to break it to you but that was a typical F212 question on the biodiversity and sampling chapter! Check the spec

was my answer wrong or not?
Reply 278
- use sweep netting using a stout net and sweep through vegeatative arcs and then u place them in a white spread of paper and count the number of insects u can use a pooter to prevent them from flying quickly. Then spray insecticide and count how many insects were effected. From there you can calculate mean and do replicates to improve reliability of results

I'm not convinced that this is the way I'd approach that question. Surely to understand the effectiveness of an insecticide on the farmers fields, you would need to sample using it as well as knowing the number of locusts etc. that it would affect?
Original post by Dave23
I'm not convinced that this is the way I'd approach that question. Surely to understand the effectiveness of an insecticide on the farmers fields, you would need to sample using it as well as knowing the number of locusts etc. that it would affect?

ohs sorry yes you sample forgot to put that but that is how u do it though !! cause there was a similar question like this in jan 2012

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending