The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212 (Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health)- 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imconfused
my brain confuses me....
basically im still laughin which isnt mature... u get me??? hahahah!!!!

haha yeah..maybe I should take a leaf out of your book
Original post by Onkar-M
I basically wrote the same thing and gave an example (eg use for biological washing powders at lower temps).

Original post by Unsworth
I'm not sure! I put that it might be used in other life processes and so they won't be able to be carried out..

Thanks :smile: What was the letter on the second page? I had no idea so I took a guess at J.
My poem is to those who need to be entertained and feel down... (wasted 10 mins of my life for u guys...), as u will clock i cant actually write poems....

Biodiversity is ugly
ocr is fugly
questions were rough
the exam was tough

revision is boring
some are pouring
others are yawning

some are passing
others failing

dont feel ruined
this is just the start;

pain,
regrets,
embarrasment,
tears,
tantrums,
years...

sulking
ashamed
down

...wipe them away....

not worth for the evil ocr
Original post by Corryms
Genus is first.
The name was:
Soprano Pipistrelle

Wasn't it Pipistrelle pipistrelle?
Reply 4364
Original post by chiny94
Sorry to jump in like this but how did you find the exam? :colondollar:

:teehee: lol I've been getting that a lot today actually

very difficult. I think there were lots of questions I was really happy about. But lots that were just unbelievable, and they tended to be early on in the paper, so I had to rush through. Skipped about 5 marks worth of the fish questions and didn't get time to come back...

I think I did well, I'm just frustrated because I was aiming for 90+ so that I can ask my school to predict me A*. Now, that's a lot less likely, especially considering the mistake I'm hearing about here, you know the thing on finding the amount of reducing sugar. I was rushing, I was talking about the colorimeter lol.

like I said earlier, I feel sorry for the average student, it was just so out of order, the amount of suggest questions in there... oh man don't get me started :sigh:

what about you?
Original post by Weasleys_jumper
yes I also wrote about less kinetic energy therfore less frequent collions but i didn't write about continuous and discontinuous variation :frown: I wrote about genetic and environmental variation , uugh I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!

that is what i wrote :wink: we got same answers? and for continous i said like as well some genes becoming active.
for the question what carbohydrate was it glucose? and for reducing why student thing i said other factors could take part like temp e.t.c
for the question about the two types of variation I wrote about intraspecific variation and interspecific variation but quite a few people here said they wrote about continuous and discontinuous..
did any one else write about intra/inter specific??
Original post by HarryMWilliams
I think it was asking about the entire molecule hence poly but you could be right still.

Tis what I thought.

Oh, I hope we're right..
Reply 4368
[email protected] - If enough people email them, they will at least have to look into the paper.
Reply 4369
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
Wasn't it Pipistrelle pipistrelle?

Yep, because the Soprano whatever is the common name
Seriously What the hell was the point of that song lyric??:mob:
for the one about two types of variation i did continuous and discontinuous....dont tell me ive got it all wrong have i? :confused:
Original post by imconfused
My poem is to those who need to be entertained and feel down... (wasted 10 mins of my life for u guys...), as u will clock i cant actually write poems....

Biodiversity is ugly
ocr is fugly
questions were rough
the exam was tough

revision is boring
some are pouring
others are yawning

some are passing
others failing

dont feel ruined
this is just the start;

pain,
regrets,
embarrasment,
tears,
tantrums,
years...

sulking
ashamed
down

...wipe them away....

not worth for the evil ocr

ha this cheered me up LOL
Original post by Weasleys_jumper
Oh, I hope we're right..

Fingers permanently crossed until the 25th! :biggrin:
Original post by otrivine
that is what i wrote :wink: we got same answers? and for continous i said like as well some genes becoming active.
for the question what carbohydrate was it glucose? and for reducing why student thing i said other factors could take part like temp e.t.c

sorry I have no idea which question you're talking about, I think my mind is becoming numb to the exam (which is what I need as I have a chemistry exam to focus on!)
Original post by Flyteryder
Did anyone else get 11.3% for the percentage difference question? If not, what was the answer?

I got 12.0 :/ but that kinda like in the same range I think :smile:
Reply 4376
On the fish question, there was a question on variables right?
-pH
-Enzyme concentration
-Substrate concentration
Reply 4377

Original post by Xotol
Well, that's a waste of time. Unfortunately, they're not going to lower the grade boundaries because people start complaining.

However , the grade boundaries will probably be very low because people will have done badly. There were a lot more 'suggest' and application questions than usual and some were quite difficult to work out which will probably catch people out. I thought that was the hardest paper of the F212 series I've done.

I'm guessing the A grade boundary will be 60-65.

Yes, the grades are subjective to the marks of the cohort. Last paper was 66 for an A. I have seen some papers at 73 for an A. You would be lucky if the even read the letter, never mind consider it valid. Exams are tough, they need to define abilities.
Reply 4378
Original post by otrivine
how did you find it ? did you talk about natural selection for the pitched thing?

I was talking about continuous and discontinuous variation. I'll visitor message you.
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Fingers permanently crossed until the 25th! :biggrin:

25th? I though results day is the 16th?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending