The Student Room Group

Orang indonesia, nongkrong disini yuk!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by nadiapops
I think it's already been our mindset though. Even though we're actually capable at doing something, we just feel that we need our maids etc. Your cousin is better than, i have a friend (18) and her maid still help her to put on her clothes etc :tongue:

waww:eek: i'm quite amazed haha 18 n still need others to put her clothes on.. haha.i think she need to study overseas :smile: i believe i was lazy too but after i'm in singapore n forced to live on my own..i learn how to take care of myself.

Baru aja apply visa nih.. it is very late..I know..tapi lebih ngeri lagi ticketnya belum pesen TT____TT mesti nungguin visa selesai dl. Deg-degan :s
Reply 81
Original post by sawnet
the shortform really convinient :wink:
aq juga di spore.km study dmana d spore? lots of singapore residents here :biggrin:

Haha yup, makanya skrg lg belajar pake. hmmm I wan in St andres Junior School, Chung cheng high school dan Ngee Ann Poly. Practically my whole teenage life is in s'pore. :P
Reply 82
Original post by hhforever
Schengen Visa was a pain to make last year, when I went. I've got to go to jakarta twice to apply for both UK and Schengen. But I heard this year, you don't need to be present to apply for schengen visa, hence an agent representative can do it instead.

hehe, just learnt spaghetti as well not quite long ago...:biggrin:

I think the UK one can be done by the agent, my mom's visa out already, but still no words for mine. I still have to come for the Schengen Visa this year, got an interview around next week.

I learned mac n cheese this week, and a basic grilled chicken. I convinced myself that the chicken is delicious, even though it's not. :colondollar:

How long have you settled in Singapore ? I was planning to go there for SMU before I finally made my decision to study in UK :biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by sawnet
waww:eek: i'm quite amazed haha 18 n still need others to put her clothes on.. haha.i think she need to study overseas :smile: i believe i was lazy too but after i'm in singapore n forced to live on my own..i learn how to take care of myself.

Baru aja apply visa nih.. it is very late..I know..tapi lebih ngeri lagi ticketnya belum pesen TT____TT mesti nungguin visa selesai dl. Deg-degan :s

Haha baru apply ? Aku punya dah dari tanggal 20 an kmrn dan belom kluar2 sampe sekarang. loh belom pesen tiket ? hehe kenapa tunggu visa dulu? pesen dulu aja hehehe . kalo uda deket2 baru pesen bukan harganya semakin mahal ya?
Reply 84
Original post by sawnet
huh?how come no british student?

Yeah, I am in Bellerbys College, international college gitu, jadi buat murid2 luar yg mau kuliah di UK, ambil A-level atau foundation.
Reply 85
I think the UK one can be done by the agent, my mom's visa out already, but still no words for mine. I still have to come for the Schengen Visa this year, got an interview around next week.

I learned mac n cheese this week, and a basic grilled chicken. I convinced myself that the chicken is delicious, even though it's not. :colondollar:

How long have you settled in Singapore ? I was planning to go there for SMU before I finally made my decision to study in UK :biggrin:

Agent? Didnt she needs to get her biometric done first at the UK border consultant? Same for me, mine's not out yet, maybe one more week. You booked your tix already?

Haha anything that's made by ourselves usually taste better than reality. I've convinced myself that my salad's good but my parents said its horrible.

Been there for 11 years....basically i'm more of singaporean tha indonesia, unfortunately. Which uni you're going to?
Reply 86
Agent? Didnt she needs to get her biometric done first at the UK border consultant? Same for me, mine's not out yet, maybe one more week. You booked your tix already?

Haha anything that's made by ourselves usually taste better than reality. I've convinced myself that my salad's good but my parents said its horrible.

Been there for 11 years....basically i'm more of singaporean tha indonesia, unfortunately. Which uni you're going to?

Ah yes i forgot we've done the biometrics :s-smilie:. My visa is out today, finallyyyy. Thus I need to get a med check soon. I got 3 shots today for vaccines and TB test. Awful day :s-smilie:. Still need to do medcheck tomorrow morning. I'm getting sick of doctors alr :s-smilie:.

Wow, lots of my friends also went to Singapore during Junior High, some of my friends went to St Joseph etc. I'm going to Warwick Uni. But I'm taking foundation for my first year. They didn't take Indonesian STTB for admission so I have to complete a foundation year first :frown:. And where are you going to? What major did you choose?
Reply 87
Ah yes i forgot we've done the biometrics :s-smilie:. My visa is out today, finallyyyy. Thus I need to get a med check soon. I got 3 shots today for vaccines and TB test. Awful day :s-smilie:. Still need to do medcheck tomorrow morning. I'm getting sick of doctors alr :s-smilie:.

Wow, lots of my friends also went to Singapore during Junior High, some of my friends went to St Joseph etc. I'm going to Warwick Uni. But I'm taking foundation for my first year. They didn't take Indonesian STTB for admission so I have to complete a foundation year first :frown:. And where are you going to? What major did you choose?

Ohh? Do we need TB check? We're not considered in the lists i thought? And the vaccines are like menginitis andMMR i thought are optional as well? I have a friend who studied there and told me I don't have to do vaccines though....I am not too sure now...

Warwick's very good uni(according to uni ranking)! Wanted to go there but the school representative told me its probably difficult for me to go in, hence I didnt choose it in UCAS. I suppose you are going to take business related course in Warwick? Oh i am admitted to University of Manchester studying Business Studies.
Reply 88
Ohh? Do we need TB check? We're not considered in the lists i thought? And the vaccines are like menginitis andMMR i thought are optional as well? I have a friend who studied there and told me I don't have to do vaccines though....I am not too sure now...

Warwick's very good uni(according to uni ranking)! Wanted to go there but the school representative told me its probably difficult for me to go in, hence I didnt choose it in UCAS. I suppose you are going to take business related course in Warwick? Oh i am admitted to University of Manchester studying Business Studies.

Mom forced me to do the vaccines and tb test . She said just to make sure everything allright etc. Although I didn't do the menangitis because my doctor said it's rarely given in Indonesia.

I'm taking Math and Econ foundation this year. I'm interested in their MORSE major. The foundation doesn't secure my place in uni yet. So I have to apply for UCAS next year :frown:. I'll probably choose UEA as well.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 89
Mom forced me to do the vaccines and tb test . She said just to make sure everything allright etc. Although I didn't do the menangitis because my doctor said it's rarely given in Indonesia.

I'm taking Math and Econ foundation this year. I'm interested in their MORSE major. The foundation doesn't secure my place in uni yet. So I have to apply for UCAS next year :frown:. I'll probably choose UEA as well.

Oh I see, what vaccines did you take?

Wow cool! You are actually interested in actuarial science! Well just do your best, who knows, you will score very well and able to be admitted for the uni course you want in Warwick. Heard Coventry is a nice place(warwick is at Coventry isn't it?).
Reply 90
Oh I see, what vaccines did you take?

Wow cool! You are actually interested in actuarial science! Well just do your best, who knows, you will score very well and able to be admitted for the uni course you want in Warwick. Heard Coventry is a nice place(warwick is at Coventry isn't it?).

I took both hepatitis and mumps vaccines. Did my medcheck today hope it's all great.

Ah yes, how do you know I'm into actuarial? Haha. I heard the MORSE major is very competitive. I need a boost of confidence for next year :frown: . Well some said Coventry a nice place but I heard it's quite boring :s ? Manchester is great though, i bet for a better social life there than Cov.

Ah it's only 2weeks till I'm going to UK, I'm both nervous and excited :s :s.

Reply 91
I took both hepatitis and mumps vaccines. Did my medcheck today hope it's all great.

Ah yes, how do you know I'm into actuarial? Haha. I heard the MORSE major is very competitive. I need a boost of confidence for next year :frown: . Well some said Coventry a nice place but I heard it's quite boring :s ? Manchester is great though, i bet for a better social life there than Cov.

Ah it's only 2weeks till I'm going to UK, I'm both nervous and excited :s :s.

U mentioned MORSE, that's actually actuarial science isn't it? Well depends on how you see it. I lived in Singapore my whole life, hence I got used to the big city life. But on the other hand my main purpose in university is to graduate with decent marks and to do that I need to study well. In order to study well I must cope with the lure to have overboard fun in city and hence somewhere more countryside would be suitable for me. But in the end maybe I am just fated to big city, that's why I am going to Manchester.... :P
Reply 92
Guys, kapan mau daftar student visa ke UK? Kita termasuk Tier 4 Student Visa kan? Masalahnya skg umurku masih 17 tahun, dan di situs web nya ditulis yg masih underage harus daftar student visa (child), bukan student visa (general). Namun aku nanti di UK ga sampe beberapa bulan udah 18 years old loh, jadi gimana dong? Ada yang bisa memberi advice gak mengenai hal ini? Justru ini bikin aku bingung banget ... temen2ku pada lulus SMA semua dan pasti dong umurnya udah 18 tahun lebih.

Capek dehhhh ... :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by asparkyn
Guys, kapan mau daftar student visa ke UK? Kita termasuk Tier 4 Student Visa kan? Masalahnya skg umurku masih 17 tahun, dan di situs web nya ditulis yg masih underage harus daftar student visa (child), bukan student visa (general). Namun aku nanti di UK ga sampe beberapa bulan udah 18 years old loh, jadi gimana dong? Ada yang bisa memberi advice gak mengenai hal ini? Justru ini bikin aku bingung banget ... temen2ku pada lulus SMA semua dan pasti dong umurnya udah 18 tahun lebih.

Capek dehhhh ... :frown:

I suppose di UK mau ambil uni course ya? Seharusnya sih general visa.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/quick-guide/

Students aged 16 or 17 who want to study here for more than 6 months
If you are 16 or 17 years old, you and your approved education provider (also known as your sponsor) should agree whether you should apply under Tier 4 (General) or Tier 4 (Child) of the points-based system.

If you will be studying a course below National Qualification Framework level 3, you must apply under Tier 4 (Child).

If your course is at National Qualification Framework level 3 (or equivalent) or above and is longer than 2 years, we recommend that you apply under Tier 4 (General).

If you want to study for an English Language qualification at or above level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), you must apply under Tier 4 (General).

If you are applying to study in the UK under Tier 4 of the points, based system, you can also apply to study an intensive English language course, or any other course, to prepare you for your main course of study here.

Lebih baik sih, tanya Universitas mu dulu. Dan kapan lu pingin masuk ke universitas?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 94
U mentioned MORSE, that's actually actuarial science isn't it? Well depends on how you see it. I lived in Singapore my whole life, hence I got used to the big city life. But on the other hand my main purpose in university is to graduate with decent marks and to do that I need to study well. In order to study well I must cope with the lure to have overboard fun in city and hence somewhere more countryside would be suitable for me. But in the end maybe I am just fated to big city, that's why I am going to Manchester.... :P

As what I know, it's basically a math major with an option to go for an actuarial science studies after the first year.
Sameee ! I lived in Jakarta where malls and cafes open like 24 hours :s . Jakarta and Singapore both have too manyyyy shopping malls where we waste our time doing nothing :s. Ahh you shouldn't be worry, just limit yourself and i think the studies wil go well as long as you intended to do it well :biggrin:. As for big cities, why didn't you choose London instead of Manchester?? Did fate bring you there :biggrin: ?

Reply 95
Haha yup, makanya skrg lg belajar pake. hmmm I wan in St andres Junior School, Chung cheng high school dan Ngee Ann Poly. Practically my whole teenage life is in s'pore. :P

ohh.. aq ga gt familiar sama high school di sg, tapi poly aq tau. Aq was in NAFA. tau ga? :biggrin:
Reply 96

eh butuh medical checkup juga yah?

gileee aq apply visa cepet amat.. katanya agent 15 working days ga termasuk lebaran. Tapi visaku cm 3 hari uda selesai yipeee :biggrin: :biggrin: tinggal pesen ticket
Reply 97
Original post by sawnet
ohh.. aq ga gt familiar sama high school di sg, tapi poly aq tau. Aq was in NAFA. tau ga? :biggrin:

Yepyep dekat Bugis sono. Ngambil apa di sana?
Reply 98
[QUOTE="sawnet;39022038"]

eh butuh medical checkup juga yah?

gileee aq apply visa cepet amat.. katanya agent 15 working days ga termasuk lebaran. Tapi visaku cm 3 hari uda selesai yipeee :biggrin: :biggrin: tinggal pesen ticket

3 HARI?!?!?! gile...lu apply di jkt or Singapore? gua applied on 30th July, sampe skrg belum selesai.
Reply 99
[QUOTE="hhforever;39022194"]
Original post by sawnet

3 HARI?!?!?! gile...lu apply di jkt or Singapore? gua applied on 30th July, sampe skrg belum selesai.

iyaa..aq apply dari jakarta. soalnya yg d spore kan nti refer back k jkt juga. punyaku special case jadi bisa cepet aq ada urusan makanya butuh passport cepet :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest