The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 3 - 12th June 2012 PM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Mizz_S
hey, i think i PMed you back with what substitution and income effect were :smile:

I didn't get a message, but I've figured it out now, don't worry about. Thanks anyway :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by tarek1
I didn't get a message, but I've figured it out now, don't worry about. Thanks anyway :smile:

okies :smile:
Reply 62
Are there any complete monopolies in the UK? I know there are some regional monopolies, such as with the water boards, but are there any ful monopolies in any market across the UK?

Also, one more question, regarding the factors of production. Land, labour, capital, entrepeneurship.
Does 'land' cover resources? EG, with a building firm, would a van, tools etc come under land?
Hey guys I have uploaded Jan 12 paper along with mark scheme. Post numbers 56 & 57 respectively.
Original post by royraymondo
Hey guys I have uploaded Jan 12 paper along with mark scheme. Post numbers 56 & 57 respectively.

Thanks do you have unit 4?
Original post by 1L8A7D9
Are there any complete monopolies in the UK? I know there are some regional monopolies, such as with the water boards, but are there any ful monopolies in any market across the UK?

Also, one more question, regarding the factors of production. Land, labour, capital, entrepeneurship.
Does 'land' cover resources? EG, with a building firm, would a van, tools etc come under land?

Wouldn't a van and tools come with capital as opposed to land?
Reply 67
Original post by sweetascandy
Wouldn't a van and tools come with capital as opposed to land?

Yes it does, sorry I'm getting confused.
Reply 68
Something I don't quite understand (im an external student btw). Why is there a global context and an EU context when there is nothing on globalisation or the EU in Unit 3.
Original post by 1L8A7D9

land can always be thought of as "the site upon which"
none of that comes under land.

Microsoft provides 96% of home operating systems - something in the 90s anyway.

I'm sure there must be a few very small markets where there is only one producer of a good. E.g. the people coming on dragon's den. But no significant pure national monopolies that come to mind.
Reply 70
Original post by tarek1
Something I don't quite understand (im an external student btw). Why is there a global context and an EU context when there is nothing on globalisation or the EU in Unit 3.

You should look at previous mark schemes.

I am an external student as well.

For eu questions can come up about things like labour market - about labour policies and things like competition policy in eu.

For global questions things can come up like market structures and distribution of income like poverty around the world.

I think that's right not 100%.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
Reply 71
Anyone who can give ideas for evaluation for unit 3 it would be really useful!!
Our teachers have decided not to teach us labour markets, so I feel like I'm at a disadvantage :frown:How is everyone revising... just past papers?

Do you have this in pdf/word form.. I haven't got round to downloading ppt on my lappie yet :redface:
Original post by sweetascandy
Our teachers have decided not to teach us labour markets, so I feel like I'm at a disadvantage :frown:How is everyone revising... just past papers?

Do you have this in pdf/word form.. I haven't got round to downloading ppt on my lappie yet :redface:

Evaluation econ A2.docx

I just copied the slides on to Microsoft Word so it might be a bit messy.
Evaluation econ A2.docx

I just copied the slides on to Microsoft Word so it might be a bit messy.

Thank you so much!
+rep gone your way :redface:
Reply 76
Has anyone's teachers had a guess at what data response questions might come up this year?
Reply 77
Any topics is particular that people are finding difficult?
Reply 78

Reply 79
I understand the difference between income and wealth, but don't really understand how you are able to redistibute wealth. I understood wealth to be a stock of assets such as land, property etc, so i don't understand how it could be redistributed

can anyone help me out?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending