The Student Room Group

GCSE 2023 Grade Boundaries (All Exam Boards)

Hi everyone,

Please see below the list of grade boundaries for each exam boards:

If anyone is looking for a specific grade boundary that they can't find then please do just request it below and we can try and pull it out for you :smile:

EH
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi everyone,

If anyone is looking for a specific grade boundary that they can't find then please do just request it below and we can try and pull it out for you :smile:

EH

Hi, do you have the Edexl GCSE Grade Boundaries?
Reply 3
Do you have the 2023 AQA boundaries please. I can only see 2022 on the link?
Reply 4
Original post by toothoot

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUN-2023.PDF
Original post by toothoot

Here you go: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUN-2023.PDF

Will update the first post :smile:
Reply 6
The WJEC grade boundaries for GCSE seem to be all letter grades rather than numbers? Am I not looking at the right one? I need English literature and French (higher). Thanks!
Hi everyone,

EH

I think you may need to add WJEC Eduqas to this https://www.eduqas.co.uk/media/y3tczpkq/eduqas-gcse-grade-points-june-2023.pdf
Reply 8
Original post by flowersinmyhair

Thank you!
this is so confusing :frown:
Original post by emnaaerymanlto
this is so confusing :frown:

What are you confused about? We can try and help :smile:
What are you confused about? We can try and help :smile:

i'm trying to find out if i was close to an A in physics to decide if it's worth paying to get it remarked, but i go to the WJEC thing & it's all in UMS. so i go to the converter they have on their site and it only converts it to units like unit 1, unit 2 & unit 3 & gives the grades for the individual units instead all the units marked togethererrererreidont get this

thank u btw
(edited 8 months ago)
i'm trying to find out if i was close to an A in physics to decide if it's worth paying to get it remarked, but i go to the WJEC thing & it's all in UMS. so i go to the converter they have on their site and it only converts it to units like unit 1, unit 2 & unit 3 & gives the grades for the individual units instead all the units marked togethererrererreidont get this

thank u btw

Oh wow, I've just had a quick flick through and you're right, that IS confusing. Leave this with me and I will see if I can figure it out / find someone who is much smarter than me to do it for me :lol:
Oh wow, I've just had a quick flick through and you're right, that IS confusing. Leave this with me and I will see if I can figure it out / find someone who is much smarter than me to do it for me :lol:

it won't let me like your comment because i already liked your other one, but thank you so much !!

thank u btw

You should have a breakdown of ums for each unit - if not the starting point will be to ask your school for that. If you have the breakdown if you post it I can have a look :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
You should have a breakdown of ums for each unit - if not the starting point will be to ask your school for that. If you have the breakdown if you post it I can have a look :smile:

like on the sheet or somewhere on the website? the only thing on the sheet is the raw marks

thank u btw

Yep, ok, so you need two tools here:

The raw mark to UMS converter: https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx (this brought back some scary memori9es opening it up again :lol:)

The generic UMS-to-grade converter: https://www.wjec.co.uk/media/3xwnavq4/overall-wjec-gcse-ums-grade-boundaries-and-unit-information-june-2023-v1.pdf

So for Physics you'll have sat 3 units: two written papers (unit 1 and unit 2) that were each out of 180 UMS (and 80 raw marks) and the practical assessment unit 3, which is out of 40 UMS.

You should have a result for each of those three units in UMS. If you like, you can use the UMS converter to convert them into raw marks (or the range of raw marks you could have got you can't find out the exact mark without seeing the paper).

Those three units are added together to give you a total mark for GCSE Physics out of 400 UMS, and the grade boundaries are always the same: 90%/360 UMS for an A*, 80%/320 UMS for an A, 70%/280 UMS for a B.

If you want to review the marking, you'll need to decide which unit or units you want reviewed.
My son sat PE AQA. I can only see the components but not how to work out the total grade. He got 161 total that translates to a grade 5. I would be really grateful if someone could help me work out how close he was to a 6 and what the boundary for a 5 and 6 actual was.
Original post by Characterbuild
My son sat PE AQA. I can only see the components but not how to work out the total grade. He got 161 total that translates to a grade 5. I would be really grateful if someone could help me work out how close he was to a 6 and what the boundary for a 5 and 6 actual was.

I had a look and in the top row for PE it had the overall grade boundaries and for a 6 it would be 163 marks, I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest