The Student Room Group

Ocr gcse latin a401/02 25 may 2012 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

and what if i said with a lions bravery rather than braver than a lion
Reply 81
Do 2 minors = a major???
Reply 82
Original post by Umackjiggles
I'm pretty sure that you have translated the snake part incorrectly. It was "necaturum esse" and "me" : I promise that the snake will be killed by me.

That's not true. It was indirect statement where me would become the subject ie that I..... So that I will kill
Reply 83
Original post by eight thirty
and what if i said with a lions bravery rather than braver than a lion

You'd probably lose one mark as you're still getting vocab but not noticing comparative

Original post by ioal
Do 2 minors = a major???

In translation, yes
Reply 84
In translation, yes

I think I got 57 then :L
can someone please post the past paper and mark scheme for the second language paper?
Reply 86
Original post by sahajkaur
ums raw mark is a lot lower but for this paper id say about 53

both would be marked correct

no its supposed to be braver than a lion which sounds fine, so probably a major error so only 1 mark :smile:

I'd say that horses one they'd be marked down one because the subject was horses and the subjunctive was plural
Original post by hines
I'd say that horses one they'd be marked down one because the subject was horses and the subjunctive was plural

genders and plurals only count as minors so as long as you only make ONE minor then you still get full marks
Reply 88
for the question about priam saying something to his father i said: 'the horses ought to be given to hercules'.. is that wrong? it said 'dari' which i thought was present passive infinitive ie. to be given so i kinda just went with that?
Reply 89
genders and plurals only count as minors so as long as you only make ONE minor then you still get full marks

Yes, however the subject of the sentence was the horses. It was an indirect statement that the horses ought to be given to Hercules.

Original post by RaeesaP
for the question about priam saying something to his father i said: 'the horses ought to be given to hercules'.. is that wrong? it said 'dari' which i thought was present passive infinitive ie. to be given so i kinda just went with that?

You're right, it was "Priam said that the horses ought to be given to Hercules"
Reply 90
Original post by hines
Yes, however the subject of the sentence was the horses. It was an indirect statement that the horses ought to be given to Hercules.

aaah yaay, thankss :smile:

But if you had the same minor error throughout do you lose extra marks?
is 58 100 ums
Original post by eight thirty
is 58 100 ums

Yes! But i don't get why people are so ****ing obsessed with UMS! It's not like we have to declare it, get a life!
Reply 94
Yes! But i don't get why people are so ****ing obsessed with UMS! It's not like we have to declare it, get a life!

Love how you're telling people to get a life when you spent the hottest day of the year on the internet all day talking about latin.
yes! But i don't get why people are so ****ing obsessed with ums! It's not like we have to declare it, get a life!

ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums ums !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 96
Original post by Debate
Love how you're telling people to get a life when you spent the hottest day of the year on the internet all day talking about latin.

And has an average of 41 posts per day...
Reply 97
Can anybody remember the adjective describing the snake?

Its a bit odd you would be rude to me and then say 'we'
Reply 99
Original post by hines

How many marks would you lose for making Hercules the subject?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending