The Student Room Group

Girls can be so insensitive/ignorant

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dr-jimmy
That can't be used as evidence though, unless you can provide the number of women online at that point in time, and the number of responses to a different account with the same stats but less money in the same time space. And you'd have to repeat this because one example isn't necessarily going to show the average. And then you'd have to prove that plenty of fish is representative of the entire female population.

Huh? I'm not planning on using as evidence for anything lol. I did it for ****s and giggles to see what would happen (and to troll).

This stuff does go down. An equal account with less money gets up to 5 messages per week, usually. There are a LOT of women out for cash. Not all. But a lot.
Reply 301
Original post by Aisha~~
Huh? I'm not planning on using as evidence for anything lol. I did it for ****s and giggles to see what would happen (and to troll).

This stuff does go down. An equal account with less money gets up to 5 messages per week, usually. There are a LOT of women out for cash. Not all. But a lot.

Ah fair enough then, I was surprised because you definitely don't seem stupid enough to try to use that as valid evidence.
And yeah, probably a lot do in that context. But I don't think most women do, sadly there are always going to be a shallow small amount who only want money though.
Ah fair enough then, I was surprised because you definitely don't seem stupid enough to try to use that as valid evidence.
And yeah, probably a lot do in that context. But I don't think most women do, sadly there are always going to be a shallow small amount who only want money though.

lol, made the account like 18 hours ago. Some people just have zero self respect
Reply 303
Original post by Aisha~~

lol, made the account like 18 hours ago. Some people just have zero self respect

It's probably just naive optimism to hope that they all want to form a meaningful relationship based on trust, love and mutual respect with your banker character, isn't it? People make me sad.
It's probably just naive optimism to hope that they all want to form a meaningful relationship based on trust, love and mutual respect with your banker character, isn't it? People make me sad.

Such is life for a man :smile:
Reply 305
Original post by Aisha~~
Such is life for a man :smile:

A man who overlooks the many women who aren't shallow, yeah.
A man who overlooks the many women who aren't shallow, yeah.

Still have to deal these people quite regularly. Doesn't matter if I pay attention to the ones that aren't shallow or not. You can't immediately tell someones intentions in the real world, and it can take quite some time to find out.

It does give some insight in the **** chicks deal with though. I've replied to maybe 5 or 6 of those 40 messages. A lot were just 'hi', 'you're hot', 'how are you?'. I mean cmon. At least try to stand out.
Reply 307
Men and women can both be insensitive, however I have noticed a propensity for young women i.e teens and very early twenties to be especially cruel in matters of the heart and feeling. Most people become more sensitive as they get older as they experience more of life and they gain more empathy and tolerance for weakness in themselves and others.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ShredMaster
Maybe not. The girls I know are. My ex was picky as ****. I remember I decided to grow a small beard she was like EWW SHAVE THAT OFF FAGGOT! I'm basing what i'm saying on personal experience.

...and if she'd decided to grow a small muff would that have been okay?
Reply 309
Original post by Aisha~~
Still have to deal these people quite regularly. Doesn't matter if I pay attention to the ones that aren't shallow or not. You can't immediately tell someones intentions in the real world, and it can take quite some time to find out.

It does give some insight in the **** chicks deal with though. I've replied to maybe 5 or 6 of those 40 messages. A lot were just 'hi', 'you're hot', 'how are you?'. I mean cmon. At least try to stand out.

But by saying 'such is life for a man' you're implying only women are shallow. Lots of PEOPLE are shallow. Women have to deal with those people quite regularly too. It just seems grossly unfair that you're trying to make out only men are victims of the actions of shallow people.
But by saying 'such is life for a man' you're implying only women are shallow. Lots of PEOPLE are shallow. Women have to deal with those people quite regularly too. It just seems grossly unfair that you're trying to make out only men are victims of the actions of shallow people.

I don't even know how to reply to this.

I literally just said, in the very post you quoted, that I understand the problems chicks have with this sort of thing too. Because it happens to both side. HOW can you fail to comprehend that.

Good god. It's pathetic that I can't speak out for **** men go through, even when it's a fair and balanced argument, without being castigated as being sexist. You people are horrific. Stop projecting your assumptions and implications onto me. YOU made my statement seem sexist. I gave it no thought that it would be exclusive to men, that it wouldn't happen to women. I just stated that it happens to men. **** me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 311
Original post by Aisha~~
I don't even know how to reply to this.

I literally just said, in the very post you quoted, that I understand the problems chicks have with this sort of thing too. Because it happens to both side. HOW can you fail to comprehend that.

Good god. It's pathetic that I can't speak out for **** men go through, even when it's a fair and balanced argument, without being castigated as being sexist. You people are horrific. Stop projecting your assumptions and implications onto me. YOU made my statement seem sexist. I gave it no thought that it would be exclusive to men, that it wouldn't happen to women. I just stated that it happens to men. **** me.

Haha what, you said it gives insight into **** chicks go through because their messages were similar? Like what even? What sort of a non sequitur is that, the messages you received were totally irrelevant. That's not a balanced argument that's just you saying nonsensical crap. You say I'm horrific because I've 'castigated you for being sexist' but I didn't even call you sexist. You make no sense.:s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Haha what, you said it gives insight into **** chicks go through because their messages were similar? Like what even? What sort of a non sequitur is that, the messages you received were totally irrelevant. That's not a balanced argument that's just you saying nonsensical crap. You say I'm horrific because I've 'castigated you for being sexist' but I didn't even call you sexist. You make no sense.:s-smilie:

Like seriously. I even said I'm trolling in my first reply to you. Most of your arguments are vast overreactions. I miss out little chucks of language which can be construed as an attack or victimisation of some sort. I say "Such is life for men" and you immediately jump to the conclusion that because I didn't add "and women", that I don't believe it happens to women.

This is the kind of over dramatisation of issues that happens in this modern day. People are overly sensitive to ANYTHING that might be construed as an insult to them. Even if the intent is nothing like it. Brighten up, please. It's not healthy to live like that.
Reply 313
Original post by Aisha~~

Like seriously. I even said I'm trolling in my first reply to you. Most of your arguments are vast overreactions. I miss out little chucks of language which can be construed as an attack or victimisation of some sort. I say "Such is life for men" and you immediately jump to the conclusion that because I didn't add "and women", that I don't believe it happens to women.

This is the kind of over dramatisation of issues that happens in this modern day. People are overly sensitive to ANYTHING that might be construed as an insult to them. Even if the intent is nothing like it. Brighten up, please. It's not healthy to live like that.

Haha you seem torn between your facade of 'LOL trollin idc!' and actually arguing about this? Can you not make your mind up? I'm not even angry, I've responded to this in a similar manner as you, I don't think I'm being over dramatic but you're really over sensitive? You're the one who spent your free time making a fake account on a dating website to see what reaction you would get.
Original post by Aisha~~

'over dramatisation of issues'
wut?
All he did was reply and give some good points. If arguing logically is being over sensitive, then IMO that is the problem 'in this modern day'.
Also please don't try and judge whether a person's lifestyle is healthy or not when you're the one 'trolling' on forums.
Besides, your trolling is terrible. You're not supposed to give it away/ pretend you were trolling all along to make up for your terrible arguments.
Reply 315
Original post by Pinkhead
'over dramatisation of issues'
wut?
All he did was reply and give some good points. If arguing logically is being over sensitive, then IMO that is the problem 'in this modern day'.
Also please don't try and judge whether a person's lifestyle is healthy or not when you're the one 'trolling' on forums.
Besides, your trolling is terrible. You're not supposed to give it away/ pretend you were trolling all along to make up for your terrible arguments.

Thanks very much, couldn't have put it any better.
Thanks very much, couldn't have put it any better.

Go read the very first reply in this thread.

I shall spell out my opinions to clear confusion;

- There are a lot of shallow girls out there. Not all girls are shallow.
- There are a lot of shallow men out there. Not all men are shallow.

- There are a lot of women out there interested solely in money. Not all women are solely interest in money.
- There are a lot of men out there solely interested in appearances. Not all men are solely interested in appearances.

The proportions of each of these are up for debate - that's what I'm interested in. I'm not really interested in arguing over complete generalizations because anyone with half a brain knows that generalizations will always have exceptions. We're past that these days, and it annoys me when people point out little quips in language as biased views. They're often not. It's often the result of people not wanting to go through the effort of clarifying every point, it's ASSUMED that the person is not being biased. Because these days...it's actually pretty rare for someone to hold a completely biased view. I'm always going to assume a person is generally a nice person and not hating on everyone.

Now, in my experience, there is actually a shockingly high proportion of women interested in money. Honestly I'd say it outnumbers the number of guys that are interest in appearances. Just for you I'll clarify all of that in tedious detail; I don't think all women are interested in money. Just there is a high proportion. It may not be the majority. It may just be a significant proportion. This is just my experience, not a rule. I may be wrong.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MonkeySee
this is why youre still a virgin mate

Lol, I don't fancy ****ing mongrels mate!
Reply 318
Original post by Aisha~~
Go read the very first reply in this thread.

I shall spell out my opinions to clear confusion;

- There are a lot of shallow girls out there. Not all girls are shallow.
- There are a lot of shallow men out there. Not all men are shallow.

- There are a lot of women out there interested solely in money. Not all women are solely interest in money.
- There are a lot of men out there solely interested in appearances. Not all men are solely interested in appearances.

The proportions of each of these are up for debate - that's what I'm interested in. I'm not really interested in arguing over complete generalizations because anyone with half a brain knows that generalizations will always have exceptions. We're past that these days, and it annoys me when people point out little quips in language as biased views. They're often not. It's often the result of people not wanting to go through the effort of clarifying every point, it's ASSUMED that the person is not being biased. Because these days...it's actually pretty rare for someone to hold a completely biased view. I'm always going to assume a person is generally a nice person and not hating on everyone.

Now, in my experience, there is actually a shockingly high proportion of women interested in money. Honestly I'd say it outnumbers the number of guys that are interest in appearances. Just for you I'll clarify all of that in tedious detail; I don't think all women are interested in money. Just there is a high proportion. It may not be the majority. It may just be a significant proportion. This is just my experience, not a rule. I may be wrong.

The OP may be generalizing and all but the one thing girls can't argue with is that dating wise, women have it way easier and they regularly take advantage of it.

But that's just life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending