The Student Room Group

Edexcel Chemistry Unit 5 June 19 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marc_h94
As far as I remember they asked for the reagents. You can't go and get OH from the shelf, you would have had to have said NaOH. Think I made the same mistake actually :/

Ahh yeah that's true :s-smilie:
Was it 1 or 2 marks?
Maybe they'll say something like "allow OH-" in the mark scheme, who knows :tongue:
Original post by sunnybacon
Was it 1 or 2 marks?
Maybe they'll say something like "allow OH-" in the mark scheme, who knows :tongue:

I did say MnSO4 solution though so that would be 1. It was 2 marks I believe
Original post by sunnybacon
Was it 1 or 2 marks?

It was 2 marks.
Reply 1383
Original post by Elle_6
But isnt a salt bridge not supposed to make a complex with the solution- would the potassium nitrate would have made a complex with the Ag ions?

not really sure, all i remember is being told many many times that it was nitrate /:
Reply 1384
Original post by mnichols
not really sure, all i remember is being told many many times that it was nitrate /:

Bummer!

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1385
Original post by Elle_6
But isnt a salt bridge not supposed to make a complex with the solution- would the potassium nitrate would have made a complex with the Ag ions?

Silver nitrate is soluble - and it can't be KCl as silver halides are insoluble and precipitate out of solution - I can't remember the other metal ions, but I remember being certain that they couldn't be used...
Here is the paper for anyone interested. June 2012 Edexcel Chemistry Unit 5
Reply 1387
Original post by ezioaudi77
Here is the paper for anyone interested. June 2012 Edexcel Chemistry Unit 5

Thanks a -lot mate been looking for it everywhere by any chance is their a mark scheme available or grade boundaries
thanks
Original post by alz333
Thanks a -lot mate been looking for it everywhere by any chance is their a mark scheme available or grade boundaries
thanks

Markschemes out on 17th, grade boundaries on results day.
Reply 1389
Markschemes out on 17th, grade boundaries on results day.

where can i find the markscheme on the 17th because it wont be available through edexcel website
Original post by alz333
where can i find the markscheme on the 17th because it wont be available through edexcel website

Yes, it will. However, only someone who can login to the Edexcel website will be able to access it. I'm sure someone on here will post it. :wink:
HI, i have got an essay on green chemistry and don't know how to answer it. Here is the question:Green chemistry, also called sustainable chemistry, is a chemical philosophy encouraging the design of products and processes that reduce or eliminate the use and generation of hazardous substances. What are the principles behind green chemistry? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME HOW TO ANSWER THIS ESSAY QUESTION. THANK YOU.:smile:
Reply 1392
its the 17th any chance of giving me link to mark schemes thanks
Couldn't find the other threads so here are the markschemes for Chemistry June 2012.

Unit 1

Unit 2

Unit 4

Unit 5
Reply 1394
Couldn't find the other threads so here are the markschemes for Chemistry June 2012.

Unit 1

Unit 2

Unit 4

Unit 5

thanks alot by any chance do you have a link for edexcel biology mark schemes for june 2012
Original post by alz333
thanks alot by any chance do you have a link for edexcel biology mark schemes for june 2012

Here you go:

Official Markschemes:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kjid3kb8klpnp3t

Question Papers:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5c8m5u23ub39zsu
Reply 1396
Original post by Hopefulmedstudent

thanks a million mate! by any chance do you have edexcel grade boundaries for june 2012
If someone gets about 82/90 for unit 4 and 43/50 for unt 6 (international paper), what would they need for unt 5 to gurantee a strong A*?
Guys

The result we will get online 2mrw and the transcript from the school on 16
will it be the whole alevel ?
Or just A2 level AND THE CERTIFICATE will have full alevel
COOOL!

Nuterfrutter predicted this i think..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending