This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

We need capital punishment back.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chi sua
We need capital punishment for OP.

We need it for you too.
Original post by The Marshall
No, I would take it without any cynicism. You are showing me your viewpoint, I am interested. You must do the same for me as I am respecting your views and then answering it. But in that case, anyone in against CP wouldn't that. I'm willing to that.

Look, don't try to be so insulting as to whether or not I know what a historian is and what they do. I myself am a historian( though still learning) And I know what sources to use, all right? Just don't tell me what to do and stop trying to explain me in a debate when I'm being bullied on the other hand. I know what you say , I know what a source is, you clearly refer to me as an idiot who doesn't know how to use sources, what do you take for? A simple ****head that doesn't know how to use a source! Of course I use it, for essays! You are really thinking me as an idiot now. Carter 78, Mister dead, the moderator, and that woman, and you as well. Bullies. The lot of you are bullies. Ah can't forget the homosexual, NYU2012 of course.

I don't consider myself a bully.( I'm bullied myself, I know how it feels and I certainly wouldn't do it to anyone!) I think that since this is the Internet, I can come off patronising or fail too understand what someone means by something/whether they understand a concept.(They confused smiley confused me!) I'm a very expressive person in real life (due to years of drama classes) but I tend to say things quite bluntly and convey my emotions/intentions in my tone of speech. This doesn't translate well too the Internet, unfortunately!:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Blackburn_Allen
And now the proverbial badass squawks bullying because someone spoke out against his nonsensical, backward ranting. Crawl back in your hole, the world doesn't need people like you.

Perhaps you haven't been bullied. That explains why. Trying to make yourself look like a messiah are you? I got two words for you: No way. Crawl back into your hole where you can pick on people your own size.:smile:
If you respected my views, then a certain NYU wouldn't have said what I say is based on lies and '' generalization''. No one here respects any view and certainly not mine. I'm saying that I have done it, but to you guys it appears wrong. Well, how can I debate when you tell me what I'm using is wrong? Answer it.

I respect your views. I don't know why you think I don't based on another posters comments..?
EDIT: Also, you can debate it morally if there isn't factual evidence. If you can find factual evidence from a reputable journal, great! I personally haven't seen any, but maybe you could have a look yourself?

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Sheldor
I don't consider myself a bully.( I'm bullied myself, I know how it feels and I certainly wouldn't do it to anyone!) I think that since this is the Internet, I can come off patronising or fail too understand what someone means by something/whether they understand a concept.(They confused smiley confused me!) I'm a very expressive person in real life (due to years of drama classes) but I tend to say things quite bluntly and convey my emotions/intentions in my tone of speech. This doesn't translate well too the Internet, unfortunately!:smile:

How can you be bullied? It is unacceptable for you to be bullied. Since the internet came, everyone has become very cocky. If you were expressive, then please show it here. If you want me to show you evidence, then be expressive. Otherwise if not, then don't.
Reply 385
We need it for you too.

Yes that sounds like an excellent idea
Original post by Sheldor
I respect your views. I don't know why you think I don't based on another posters comments..?

Because you Anti CP people have the same similar views. You are unwilling to listen to what the CP people have to say. Thats what I'm telling you and it is clearly evident here. But ermm...why take evidence from a journalist? They're boring and they don't write the truth.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by chi sua
Yes that sounds like an excellent idea

Of course, when your family is murdered, then come and next time decide to think whether those murderers should be killed? All right?
Reply 388
Seriously guys? He's obviously trolling you. And might I add doing so effectively.

For a forum filled with educated people, I am disappoint.
? But to this I should answer--all of us would answer--that to deter by suffering from inflicting suffering is not only possible, but the very purpose of penal justice. Does fining a criminal show want of respect for property, or imprisoning him, for personal freedom? Just as unreasonable is it to think that to take the life of a man who has taken that of another is to show want of regard for human life. We show, on the contrary, most emphatically our regard for it, by the adoption of a rule that he who violates that right in another forfeits it for himself, and that while no other crime that he can commit deprives him of his right to live, this shall. There is one argument against capital punishment, even in extreme cases, which I cannot deny to have weight--on which my hon. Friend justly laid great stress, and which never can be entirely got rid of. It is this--that if by an error of justice an innocent person is put to death, the mistake can never be corrected; all compensation, all reparation for the wrong is impossible. This would be indeed a serious objection if these miserable mistakes--among the most tragical occurrences in the whole round of human affairs--could not be made extremely rare. The argument is invincible where the mode of criminal procedure is dangerous to the innocent, or where the Courts of Justice are not trusted. And this probably is the reason why the objection to an irreparable punishment began (as I believe it did) earlier, and is more intense and more widely diffused, in some parts of the Continent of Europe than it is here. There are on the Continent great and enlightened countries, in which the criminal procedure is not so favorable to innocence, does not afford the same security against erroneous conviction, as it does among us; countries where the Courts of Justice seem to think they fail in their duty unless they find somebody guilty; and in their really laudable desire to hunt guilt from its hiding places, expose themselves to a serious danger of condemning the innocent. If our own procedure and Courts of Justice afforded ground for similar apprehension, I should be the first to join in withdrawing the power of inflicting irreparable punishment from such tribunals. But we all know that the defects of our procedure are the very opposite. Our rules of evidence are even too favorable to the prisoner; and juries and Judges carry out the maxim, "It is better that ten guilty should escape than that one innocent person should suffer," not only to the letter, but beyond the letter. Judges are most anxious to point out, and juries to allow for, the barest possibility of the prisoner's innocence. No human judgment is infallible; such sad cases as my hon. Friend cited will sometimes occur; but in so grave a case as that of murder, the accused, in our system, has always the benefit of the merest shadow of a doubt. And this suggests another consideration very germane to the question.

Is that any evidence? Or would it be biased?
Original post by amime
Seriously guys? He's obviously trolling you. And might I add doing so effectively.

For a forum filled with educated people, I am disappoint.

Hmmm. When you people bullied me, your mouths were quiet. Now you open them acting as if you are angels. Pathetic. If I was trolling, perhaps I would have offended everybody, but you clearly seem to be another bully as well. It is with regret that you cannot understand I suffer from a mental disorder.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 391
Of course, when your family is murdered, then come and next time decide to think whether those murderers should be killed? All right?

Good suggestion I shall do that when my family are murdered. Thank you.
How can you be bullied? It is unacceptable for you to be bullied. Since the internet came, everyone has become very cocky. If you were expressive, then please show it here. If you want me to show you evidence, then be expressive. Otherwise if not, then don't.

I'm bullied because some girls at my school don't like the fact that I'm not a girly girl/into makeup and social networking and I prefer reading too getting drunk at parties.:frown: Hopefully, I'll find some people that can accept me as who I am. Thats why I always aim too accept and respect everyone. I'm sorry if I'm not being expressive enough, my natural style of speaking and writing doesn't really convey well through the Internet. I'm working on it , though.:smile: Also, I just realised that earlier, I didn't mention that you're entitled to your opinions and I respect them,(i'm actually somewhat fascinated by them) I would just like too see facts before I can fully understand them if you make a claim on something. I'm sorry if that didn't come across.:smile:

Original post by Sheldor
I'm bullied because some girls at my school don't like the fact that I'm not a girly girl/into makeup and social networking and I prefer reading too getting drunk at parties.:frown: Hopefully, I'll find some people that can accept me as who I am. Thats why I always aim too accept and respect everyone. I'm sorry if I'm not being expressive enough, my natural style of speaking and writing doesn't really convey well through the Internet. I'm working on it , though.:smile: Also, I just realised that earlier, I didn't mention that you're entitled to your opinions and I respect them,(i'm actually somewhat fascinated by them) I would just like too see facts before I can fully understand them if you make a claim on something. I'm sorry if that didn't come across.:smile:

I see, if you want to see facts, then I will provide them, but tell me which one is biased and which is one fact. I've posted some speech for in favor of cp, is it evidence or what? Is too biased?
Original post by chi sua
Good suggestion I shall do that when my family are murdered. Thank you.

Can you not understand the scenario I'm trying to make here? If your family were murdered, would you keep the criminals that killed them in prison or would you do the death penatly on them?
Reply 395
Hmmm. When you people bullied me, your mouths were quiet. Now you open them acting as if you are angels. Pathetic. If I was trolling, perhaps I would have offended everybody, but you clearly seem to be another bully as well. It is with regret that you cannot understand I suffer from a mental disorder.

lol at an Indian pretending to be an American. Are all Indians this strange? :lolwut:
Original post by amime
lol at an Indian pretending to be an American. Are all Indians this strange? :lolwut:

Perhaps more bullies like you will appear? Nationality doesn't come in this debate, little child. Better you remain to yourself.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 397
Perhaps more bullies like you will appear? Nationality doesn't come in this debate, little child.

I guess you're right. I'm sorry.

Oh, before I go though, where are India in the ICC cricket world rankings?
I see, if you want to see facts, then I will provide them, but tell me which one is biased and which is one fact. I've posted some speech for in favor of cp, is it evidence or what? Is too biased?

Oh, I just saw the speech, I'll reply in a second. As it's from a moral viewpoint and it doesn't make any claims, it can't be discounted/ is ver relevant and respectable for use in this debate. The only thing I need evidence for is if, for example, you say that capital punishment lowers crime rates after it's introduced. I would need to see government data from a range of countries before and immediately after its introduced, a few years after, and in the present day and the trend would have too show that the crime rates do reduce after the introduction of capital punishment.

Original post by amime
I guess you're right. I'm sorry.

Oh, before I go though, where are India in the ICC cricket world rankings?

I think you can research it.

Latest

Trending

Trending